plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have brown/dying spots

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Recently the leafs on a couple of my plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have brown/dying spots on some leafs that are green and or yellow and it's been working it's way up the plant

Outdoor grow but keep a couple fans blowing on them for circulation since had a mild mold issue at one point, soil is a combination of promix sohum dehydrated cow manure and added perelite for drainage, in 5 gallon pots and all are autos that are an accidental hybrid my buddy made and isn't sure if it's Quarter pounder auto x gorilla glue or cheese auto x gorila glue

Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots
Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots 2
Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots 3
Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots 4
Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots 5
Plants have turned yellow at the bottom and have browndying spots 6
socks4free

socks4free

A little more info I give them all blackstrap molasses once a week at 1 tbsp/gallon of water and have feed them a few times with advanced nutrients pH perfect grow micro bloom .and topped the soil recently with worm castings

Madbud

Madbud

Cover the bucket with a towel or carpet remnant. Sunlight is cooking the soil and roots.

4plant

4plant

Usually yellowing from the bottom up is a nitrogen deficiency or unavailable due to ph. Your pots look way to small for a plant that size, do you check your runoff ec?

socks4free

socks4free

Usually yellowing from the bottom up is a nitrogen deficiency or unavailable due to ph. Your pots look way to small for a plant that size, do you check your runoff ec?
I don't have the equipment to check pH, or run off and i.agree the pot is 5 gallons while the plant is clearly 6ft+ so I figured that one's yellowing had to do with root issues causing a nitrogen deficiency. But it's too late to tranplant now as they are about 3-4 weeks into flowering but not all those pictures came from the same plant some came from plants that have plenty of room in their 5 gallon pots those are the ones I was really questioning

Anthem

Anthem

What sort of set up do you have for drainage on the buckets? Are they up off the ground to allow water to drain out the bottom?

socks4free

socks4free

What sort of set up do you have for drainage on the buckets? Are they up off the ground to allow water to drain out the bottom?
Well I drilled a bunch of large holes around the bottom and the bottom of the side of the bucket. AnD filled the bottom layer of.the bucket with mediums sized rocks so they are definitely able to let water out I usually fill.the water until it starts to.run put the bottom. Most of my plants are on pallets but the two biggest I recently moved off to create space since they got so big

socks4free

socks4free

Well I drilled a bunch of large holes around the bottom and the bottom of the side of the bucket. AnD filled the bottom layer of.the bucket with mediums sized rocks so they are definitely able to let water out I usually fill.the water until it starts to.run out the bottom. Most of my plants are on pallets but the two biggest I recently moved off to create space since they got so big

socks4free

socks4free

Is it possible some of that damage is wind burn? I've had the fans pretty close to the plants lately since it's been so humid and only just now read about wind burn

Top Bottom