Plants in veg droopy AND have purple stems. Help asap

• Thread starter Nebula357
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nebula357

Dr. Gold pot of gold potting soil × black and gold organic watered with mineral/well water with an unknown ph level
I looked your product up, (did you mean Dr Earth?) and it seems like a fine product. The lime green color of your plants makes me suspect you have a lockout because your water is off in some way, likely pH, you'll need to check the ph and PPM of your water source and make appropriate adjustments.
[/QUOTE]
How so I check PPM? I'm going to check ph on Monday. And most of my plants perked up

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I looked your product up, (did you mean Dr Earth?) and it seems like a fine product. The lime green color of your plants makes me suspect you have a lockout because your water is off in some way, likely pH, you'll need to check the ph and PPM of your water source and make appropriate adjustments.
How so I check PPM? I'm going to check ph on Monday. And most of my plants perked up
[/QUOTE]
Ppm meter about $12-15

N

Nebula357

Dr. Gold pot of gold potting soil × black and gold organic watered with mineral/well water with an unknown ph level
[/QUOTE]
Not nearly as droopy so the girls(maybe some early guys) like the new home that actually emulates some sun. But seem to have definitely have deficiencies. I'm recording the purple they get over time each day. Ut my big Blanton seems to be all perked up and happy. I flushed one of the plants to see how it will do. And also to mention some of the planrs have a purple tint to the leafs.

- I'd also like to ask if this is "leaf septora" and if it will spread to my other plants. I dont want any problems with my healthy clone I bought

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not nearly as droopy so the girls(maybe some early guys) like the new home that actually emulates some sun. But seem to have definitely have deficiencies. I'm recording the purple they get over time each day. Ut my big Blanton seems to be all perked up and happy. I flushed one of the plants to see how it will do. And also to mention some of the planrs have a purple tint to the leafs.

- I'd also like to ask if this is "leaf septora" and if it will spread to my other plants. I dont want any problems with my healthy clone I bought
[/QUOTE]
Blurry photo but not likely septoria most likely early Calcium deficiency from lockout, but don't try to treat it, I would let the soil feed it . Work on getting your water properly adjusted to 6.5 and on proper watering techniques, the plants should green up from the fresh soil and once you start putting the pH 'ed water in everything in soil will become available to plants including calcium

N

Nebula357

Blurry photo but not likely septoria most likely early Calcium deficiency from lockout, but don't try to treat it, I would let the soil feed it . Work on getting your water properly adjusted to 6.5 and on proper watering techniques, the plants should green up from the fresh soil and once you start putting the pH 'ed water in everything in soil will become available to plants including calcium
[/QUOTE]
So I flushed one of the plants just to see how she does and I'm closely watching the rest on how they do. The 2 new ones I got from my friend also have purple stems but no droopy leaves so they definitely dont correlate. It's strange though because they should all be the same strain and the stem shouldn't go purple. I'll do more research on what a parts per million (PPM) meter does

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
FWIW, My stems and branches get purple as well, so a lot of it depends on the genetics as well as the light source. My stems are uniformly purple, but when they have problems, the purple is more of a stripe or veins instead of the fairly solid color. Just some info to keep you from losing your mind by confusing the two manifestations of the "Purple Stem" issue. I think you DO have a nutrient imbalance, so correcting any ph problems should solve them. One thing to keep in mind is that the nutrients in the soil might be getting more concentrated over time. When you correct your Ph problems, all of those nutrients that were formerly unavailable to the plant become available, which could damage your roots and plants if severe. It might benefit you to run a dose of proper ph water thru as a flush the first time, so you avoid any potential problems from over feeding. It doesn't happen too often, but when things go south, folks tend to panic and start adding all sorts of possible remedies which can make the problem worse.

N

Nebula357

FWIW, My stems and branches get purple as well, so a lot of it depends on the genetics as well as the light source. My stems are uniformly purple, but when they have problems, the purple is more of a stripe or veins instead of the fairly solid color. Just some info to keep you from losing your mind by confusing the two manifestations of the "Purple Stem" issue. I think you DO have a nutrient imbalance, so correcting any ph problems should solve them. One thing to keep in mind is that the nutrients in the soil might be getting more concentrated over time. When you correct your Ph problems, all of those nutrients that were formerly unavailable to the plant become available, which could damage your roots and plants if severe. It might benefit you to run a dose of proper ph water thru as a flush the first time, so you avoid any potential problems from over feeding. It doesn't happen too often, but when things go south, folks tend to panic and start adding all sorts of possible remedies which can make the problem worse.
Yeah I dont want to add a bunch of stuff. And to PH your water I know you can take standard drinking water at a nice ph of 6.5 or so but what about adding vinager / baking soda to make it go down / up instead of ph up for $20. Some say it works so I'll probably try that once my soil tester comes in the mail. But on 2 of the plants I'm noticing purple on the too of the leaf and know another purple on the bottom. I assume PH will also fix this. Seems to be a fix all lol.
- And I got these seeds from some "shake" that someone sold me. Really good dence small buds and I got a lot of seeds from them. And the stems are not suppose to be purple based off of my bigger plant but it could have been mixed seeds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm certain its root issues. Im a hydro grower so I won't guess at the cause.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah hopefully. And wdym a "hot" soil? At the moment I have black and gold with another slik in it so idk
A Hot soil is just a soil mix that has been pre loaded with a hefty supply of fertilizer and nutrients included in the mix. Sorry about the mention about a "spell"... what I meant by a spell was to wait a while... as in "give it a rest for a spell". Sorry... that's the mountain language coming out!

WankirA

WankirA

standard drinking water at a nice ph of 6.5 or so but what about adding vinager / baking soda to make it go down / up instead of ph up for $20
Hey fella, i get the impression its frowned upon but my tap water (uk) is a 7 so i use about 1/2ml for 2 liters of rested water, brings it down to 6.00+- change.
I had used it in a pinch but my girls sucking all i throw at them with no issues in growth or leaves affected.

Doesnt mean a commercial PH+- isnt the right route, but if it works.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom