Plants leaves curling down in on themselves?

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NapkinB

NapkinB

If u have an android phone, go to play store and download free app. For lux. It's free, easy to use, and u won't be guessing about your light strength anymore. Once u download, just open app. And put your phone down by leaves closest to light. I'VE READ 10-20 LUX FOR SEEDLINGS. I'VE GOT THE MARS 2000 (300W) LED LIGHT AT 24" AND ADJUST KNOB FOR LUX. I Started at 5k and am slowing raising. Hope this helps.
Little confused on how to read it on the app. It says 500 Lux. Shouldn’t it be around 5000. Pretty sure I’m just dumb

Panhead59

Panhead59

Little confused on how to read it on the app. It says 500 Lux. Shouldn’t it be around 5000. Pretty sure I’m just dumb
I'm a rookie at this also, so I figure there is no dumb ? If the old timers get frustrated, so be it. Just do what they say though naturally they'll stop replying. Did u download app.? Ok. Sound get icon on phone. Click on it next time to open app. Yeah, should read 5k (1000) or whatever light is set to. I'll send recommended lux range for each stage when i get home. Ex. Seedlings,veg. And flower stage. The plants want/need different strength light at various stages of growth.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I'm a rookie at this also, so I figure there is no dumb ? If the old timers get frustrated, so be it. Just do what they say though naturally they'll stop replying. Did u download app.? Ok. Sound get icon on phone. Click on it next time to open app. Yeah, should read 5k (1000) or whatever light is set to. I'll send recommended lux range for each stage when i get home. Ex. Seedlings,veg. And flower stage. The plants want/need different strength light at various stages of growth.
So u read value on phone, not app.

NapkinB

NapkinB

Any scale that will weigh to a gram is fine. I water to runoff a day before planting so it has time to lose 10-20 grams. I plant the cracked seed and cover with baggie. Once it sprouts, I remove the cover. Water when it loses enough weight.
In my case it's 155g dry.
Wait so do you water to runoff even if they’re seedlings? Like a couple days old

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wait so do you water to runoff even if they’re seedlings? Like a couple days old
i don’t, just enough to have done water throughout the cup., as roots will grow looking for it, well they sense it and grow towards it, as it grows you can add more water as the roots can handle it.. basically the same rule applies to newly transplanted plants..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i don’t, just enough to have done water throughout the cup., as roots will grow looking for it, well they sense it and grow towards it, as it grows you can add more water as the roots can handle it.. basically the same rule applies to newly transplanted plants..
have some..

growsince79

growsince79

Yep 100% soaked to runoff. My seedlings love it. Day 4

Day 12

Top Bottom