Plants leaves curling down in on themselves?

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NapkinB

NapkinB

These plants just started curling down and I’m not sure why they aren’t being under watered or overwatered and the light I have IS a ts 1000w Mars hydro at 35% intensity and the temps go from 71-79 degrees and the humidity levels go from 55-70. Can anyone try and shed some light onto what’s going on?
Plants leaves curling down in on themselves 2
Plants leaves curling down in on themselves 2
Plants leaves curling down in on themselves 3
Plants leaves curling down in on themselves 4

Plants leaves curling down in on themselves
growsince79

growsince79

I don’t water using a scale. Usually water every 2 days. Used to water every other day till That led my others to being overwatered
You obviously have root problems. Using a scale helps a lot. Mine are about 155 dry-240g wet. If it were 200 dry 240 wet, I'd have problems too.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

^Yes. our soil is dry and leaves curling down on any plant usually means your plant is sleeping during light cycle so you are either using too much light or are utilizing too long of a light cycle. How old?

NapkinB

NapkinB

^Yes. our soil is dry and leaves curling down on any plant usually means your plant is sleeping during light cycle so you are either using too much light or are utilizing too long of a light cycle. How old?
Only a week or two I forgot how old. The soil is only dry on top. Light cycle 18 on 6 off.

NapkinB

NapkinB

Not sleeping. They started curling down 2 days ago and won’t go back up no matter what I do

welcome2goodburger

welcome2goodburger

What’s up bro, How close is your light ? Do you have a humidity dome you could throw that in? If not maybe tent it in a plastic bag. And mist it lightly. Seedlings don’t need water every two days generally.

growsince79

growsince79

Not sleeping. They started curling down 2 days ago and won’t go back up no matter what I do
You are going to keep having problems until you use a scale. Water slowly to runoff. Weigh before and after.

Palgoo

Palgoo

I had the same problem, and for me it was actually that I had been using tiny seedling fabric pots and they were drying out too fast. I was probably watering too little too often (about once every 1.5 days, sometimes only misting), but the problem seems to have been moisture retaining. I took the worse curling one and repotted carefully into a plastic pot, watered until a little runoff, then left it overnight and it bounced back like a newly born. In your case, I am venturing to guess that your soil too is drying out too fast - but watering often is also bad, so somehow, you need to keep it moist; what's your humidity level? I was also at 40% so no wonder they were drying. (picture shows how it bounced back after repotting and a good soak. I was using a couple of small LED bulbs, and switched to mars hydro 600W at 20 inches. so I think your light is probably fine.
Seedling pot

check out my question for more photos.

Top Bottom