Plants leaves curling down in on themselves?

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

CA and Or too far? Try emailing the Cali connection. I know they ship here. I was gonna order but then I saw them at the store.

NapkinB

NapkinB

CA and Or too far? Try emailing the Cali connection. I know they ship here. I was gonna order but then I saw them at the store.
I might just order from Cali connection. Any good strain suggestions? Should I get autoflowers?

growsince79

growsince79

I haven't saw a auto yet that beats photo for potency. They say they are getting better. Purple Chem was serious potent as was 818 headband.

NapkinB

NapkinB

I haven't saw a auto yet that beats photo for potency. They say they are getting better. Purple Chem was serious potent as was 818 headband.
Potency isn’t really what I’m worried about. I just wanna be able to get to harvest. Haven’t been able to get to that stage no matter what I do

Madbud

Madbud

Back up, you’re overwatering. Every two or three days in a solo cup is too much, the water sits in the bottom drowning the roots. If you don’t have a scale, feel the weight of a cup of soil and compare yours. Water when the cup feels light, around 5 oz, 150 grams. Heres a look at week old roots, regardless how your leaves look, these are how quickly the roots reach bottom in a solo cup.
73FC16DE 2D6C 4675 BDB1 B262F2FEA548

NapkinB

NapkinB

Back up, you’re overwatering. Every two or three days in a solo cup is too much, the water sits in the bottom drowning the roots. If you don’t have a scale, feel the weight of a cup of soil and compare yours. Water when the cup feels light, around 5 oz, 150 grams. Heres a look at week old roots, regardless how your leaves look, these are how quickly the roots reach bottom in a solo cup.View attachment 1122818mine are being under watered if anything. The leaves aren’t full and aren’t yellowing

Palgoo

Palgoo

when I transplanted mine, the roots were nowhere to be seen, and the dry soil around just crumbled away (nothing like the root growth from the rpevious post. I'm not kidding your seedlings look just like mine for the past week or two. I don't know if its genetics too, but mine did NOT grow well, was probably underwatered (I was giving it like 2-3 tablespoons of water every 1.5 days, afraid that I will overwater). Then was told that fabric pots are no bueno, so i got one carefully transplanted to a four inch pot and slowly watered until the first sign of a drop or two runoff (this took a LOT more than what I was watering), and just leave sitting for a day did the trick for me (will not water again until completely dry, hopefully it will keep somewhat moist for 3-4 days). Also, Nick just showed me how you water around the edges of the pot rim (the roots will grow out searching for water). anyway, that's just my opinion, but I've never grown before so take it with a grain of salt. Everyone saying overwatering is such a problem, I might have been overly cautious, or chronically watering too little and too often because it dries out quickly. People have been saying this is also a form of overwatering (also, I'm using happy frog that people say has less nutrients that ocean whatever that you are using but probably similar). Maybe you are in a hotter climate, I'm keeping them around 70deg.

NapkinB

NapkinB

Overwatered then underwatered. Either way, a $20 scale solves the problem. Watering when the cup feels light lol that's what everyone who overwatered said. Scale is fool proof.
What about watering in a big container that doesn’t fit on a scale?

NapkinB

NapkinB

I’m going to be trying an auto and planting in a 3 gallon pot right away because I’ve been told autos don’t like to be transplanted and usually just plant straight in the final pot

Panhead59

Panhead59

If u have an android phone, go to play store and download free app. For lux. It's free, easy to use, and u won't be guessing about your light strength anymore. Once u download, just open app. And put your phone down by leaves closest to light. I'VE READ 10-20 LUX FOR SEEDLINGS. I'VE GOT THE MARS 2000 (300W) LED LIGHT AT 24" AND ADJUST KNOB FOR LUX. I Started at 5k and am slowing raising. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom