Plants look horrible (Help needed)

• Thread starter J2dag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J2dag

J2dag

Hello and good day everyone,
Having some issues with my clones. Not sure if it’s over watering or a PH problem. I’ve had these clones for about 18 days, Im growing In potting soil with what I thought was a fair amount of perlite(should I go 50/50?), in a greenhouse lots of direct sunlight, with a led light at night from 2100 to 0300. Had some thrip problems early on, sprayed and dealt with them buggers. But the plants just look like shit, canoeing and twisting, plus drooping. I decided to check the roots out, so I dumped out 3 of my older ones to check if it was water logged. The roots do not look vibrant nor nearly as big as they should to me at this point. Should I flush them with 6.5-7.0? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Plants look horrible help needed
Plants look horrible help needed 2
Plants look horrible help needed 3
Plants look horrible help needed 4
Plants look horrible help needed 5
Plants look horrible help needed 6
Plants look horrible help needed 7
Plants look horrible help needed 8
Plants look horrible help needed 9
Plants look horrible help needed 10
Moshmen

Moshmen

What kind of soil? Looks like a hot mix they should grow out of it . But u are correct could be overwatering Are you watering to run off ? Roots aren’t established enuff yet , I still think they will grow out of it

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What kind of soil? Looks like a hot mix they should grow out of it . But u are correct could be overwatering Are you watering to run off ? Roots aren’t established enuff yet , I still think they will grow out of it
You can pretty much rule out a pH issue by collecting the run-off and checking it's pH. With that said, I tend to agree about over-watering as the most likely culprit. The term "over-watering" is frequently misunderstood. The soil should be thoroughly moistened so there are no dry spots ... and then allowed to dry out between watering. If the roots don't have their wet/dry cycles, they begin to suffer. Just don't let them get so bone dry that the water is not absorbed by the soil.

J2dag

J2dag

It’s some shitty miracle grow seed starting soil. I water till run off, maybe a little to much for where the roots are at.

J2dag

J2dag

You can pretty much rule out a pH issue by collecting the run-off and checking it's pH. With that said, I tend to agree about over-watering as the most likely culprit. The term "over-watering" is frequently misunderstood. The soil should be thoroughly moistened so there are no dry spots ... and then allowed to dry out between watering. If the roots don't have their wet/dry cycles, they begin to suffer. Just don't let them get so bone dry that the water is not absorbed by the soil.
I believe the runoff was 5.7 if I’m not mistake. I feel they never get bone dry even if I don’t water for days, which is weird since I put a fair amount of perlite.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It’s some shitty miracle grow seed starting soil. I water till run off, maybe a little to much for where the roots are at.
Miracle grow seed starting mix is sphagnum based product and has a natural pH below what is ideal for cannabis. If it's available, a better choice would be Promix HP. It's buffered with cannabis in mind. Please note that any sphagnum based product will likely test low pH until the buffering action starts taking place after a few waterings. It seems like the dryer the mix is out of the bale, the lower the starting pH and the longer it takes for the buffering. I could be wrong about that today because I stopped using promix in favor of Fox Farm products and it's been a long time since I've used the promix.

J2dag

J2dag

Update. They did pull out of it. I transferred them to some soiless mix, fed them some teas and some flora nectar and WALLA!
Turn those piece of shits into some fire 🔥 checkem out.

5A511F12 D20D 4EBB B157 FC637315EF49
AA9519B5 CC76 4C3F 9816 EB29BC9B62EC
D6F252CD 1372 49EA 8769 7E38CCB709CB
D075A1BB 72A2 4C05 A9B8 712010812A71
8556C1DA 07CC 4D17 B5C4 F993E0AC0294
Top Bottom