Plants looking good today day 20

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

this is sort of what i was getting at..it will cost you far less to heat the 1.2m2 tent than the room..and using an 200watt ceramic reptile heater than the 1000w? heater your using..i have a tube 200w heater and 2 ceramic reptile heaters in my small veg room 100w and 50watt.at lights on they are a little more than i need which is what i want as im bringing in fresh air co2 every five minutes and at lights off i turn one off but sits on 22.4 through the day..i make use of having lights on through the night starting at 5pm to 11am for veg..flowering 9.30 pm to 9.30am .its cheaper to run your lights through the night too..

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Ok so my low temp would be when the lights go out which is through the daytime . It’s winter where I am at the moment so I’m thinking just a small heater 12min on every hour using a digital timer . It’s a smallish room the tents in and I’ll isolate the room by keeping the door shut

thoughts ?

My lights are out during daytime and on at night adding heat. Days are hot, nights are cold.

Using a cheap oil heater with a thermostat means no timer. When it's cold, it's cold.

eg. https://www.amazon.com/Kismile-Oil-...=1&keywords=oil+heater&qid=1627373163&sr=8-11

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I would use an oil finned heater say the 500watts oil heater that has a timer inbuilt or an tube or reptile heater.. . I have my tube and ceramic heaters on 24/7 and when temp is reached the extraction fan to inbird extracts the hot air.for night time i just reduce temp on inkbird and stay a cosy 22 deg...
hey mate , do you place the oil finned heater in the grow tent ?

Madmax

Madmax

Yes i put the tube heater inside tent ..but dont forget im in a shed..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yes i put the tube heater inside tent ..but dont forget im in a shed..
yeah i see. im in the house so thats why i am thinking to just run the ceramic heater or even like you said a oil finned heater in the room and warm it up that way. would you suggest i put the inkbird probe in the tent or in the room ?

Madmax

Madmax

Yes id try that and see how it goes.id prolly try having the extraction fan continuously on low at lights off to bring the warm air into the tent..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yes id try that and see how it goes.id prolly try having the extraction fan continuously on low at lights off to bring the warm air into the tent..
yeah cheers madmax . i do run the exhaust fan ( extraction ) on constantly at the moment even at lights on or off. Its just plugged into the powerboard. i dont have a intake so thats why i do it ... so it pulls the hot air from the room in.

im guessing ill leave the probe outside the tent so can just set the room temp to what i need it to be

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hey madmax would this work

0D8B8D34 5DAA 4F10 9044 94FE1CA4F249

Madmax

Madmax

No but that would b good to use to heat your nutrients up before feeding them....have a look at a reptile 200watt heater, tube heater or a 500w finned oil heater if you want to put it in the tent...the ceramic heater you have would b good to use outside tent.will heat room waay quiker than the ones i mentioned..

Latest posts

Top Bottom