Plants not as frosty as they used to he.....

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So, my last harvest was pretty sad, and the next one coming doesn't look to great either. Environmental conditions have not really changed in my rooms, so I am thinking its either a bad batch of nutrients, or that the strains I am running are too far gone from the mother. Anyone ever experience anything like this? It's not just one strain either....it seems like everything is coming out less and less frosty, which is why I am thinking it's a nutrient problem. Nothing else is off, and the plants look like they are in great health. I'm really kinda thrown off here guys and gals.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Do they still smell?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I noticed my flowers last pull weren't as stank as usual and yield was down. It's been wild dry where I'm at so I think a decent amount of my problems were due to low RH.

I'm sure you will get your problems fixed and come out better then before. Even the best growers arnt 100% happy with every round. We learn new things all the time

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

any root zone probs?
rot/bugs
None what so ever. Weekly tea's with OGBiowar. Plant health is great.

I noticed my flowers last pull weren't as stank as usual and yield was down. It's been wild dry where I'm at so I think a decent amount of my problems were due to low RH.

I'm sure you will get your problems fixed and come out better then before. Even the best growers arnt 100% happy with every round. We learn new things all the time
Thanks Skunkmaterflex. My RH levels aren't that low. It fluctuates between 60% to 70%.

I'm with ya though....I am rarely satisfied with anything in my rooms. Constantly striving to get better and better at this.

Could it be my bulbs?

B

Bangarang

Celtic i too experience the same problems once in a while. I have given my genetics to other people and they do not experience the same thing. As opposed to trying to make that genetic work just trash it and find something that works well for you and your room. I always like to try new things on the edge of a table.
I have found that it is important to check your runoff and see if the Ph and ppm are within range. Another i found that as your genetics get weaker the leaves develop smaller and sharper edges. When this happens i just trash those cuts.

JH420

JH420

How old is your mother?

How old are your nutes? Did you switch nutes or just wondering if they've degraded?

J

Jalisco Kid

Had you noticed a difference in your ppm's and pH when you mixed a batch up? Twice I had received bad bottled nutes straight from the manufacturer. I doubt you would notice a genetic drift in a years time. JK

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
What strains? Sounds like you have some dud action going on.

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

How old is your mother??? You could be loosing vigor due to old genes. How old are your bulbs?? If you been using the same bulb for couple years it's time to change em.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The Strains in question are White Fire and Jedi kush mostly. I'm pretty sure it's was the nutes. I bought a big 10 gallon jugs and they probably didn't get shook up well enough when I transferred to smaller jugs. I have noticed some nitrogen clawing on the WiFi.

I just popped a bunch of beans. Lemon Alien Dawg, White Nightmare, Banana's Foster, UK Cheese, and Power Nap. Hopefully that combined with changing up to Veg+Bloom does the trick. We shall see.

slumdog80

slumdog80

This brings up a good topic, does anyone have any good strategy for shaking/mixing up the big azz bottles?
Mixing up the 55L sizes well is near impossible.

sixstring

sixstring

Def could be your bulbs.weak bulbs will still grow healthy plants but quality and yield will diminish.I just got a light meter a few months ago and iI'm seeing all brands fade pretty fast at the 2 month mark.imagine a lamp that has 3 rounds on it is toast.

personally I see less frost with higher r/h on my mk which I have run for over 4 years now.

fractaLz

fractaLz

I've grown a few white fire cuts, and I will say that if you don't have her humming through mom-cut-clone-flower, she can be like 2 complete different plants... I know as you stated you aren't mono-cropping, but I would keep that in mind with the wifi

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I think sixstring could be on point about old bulbs, also something to check is calibrate your meter you would be surprised how they drift even after a month of use just my 2 cents:D

Myco

Myco

Have you checked for broad mites just to rule them out? There's been some growers to find broad mites to be a culprit in reducing resin production and aroma, before infestation gets to the point of devastation. I hope that's not the case! Hopefully turns out to be something more simple.

Just reminded me I need to update my bulbs... perfect timing.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've grown a few white fire cuts, and I will say that if you don't have her humming through mom-cut-clone-flower, she can be like 2 complete different plants... I know as you stated you aren't mono-cropping, but I would keep that in mind with the wifi

One day I will mono crop...................one day. It's just so damn hard to run just one strain in a room for me.

Def could be your bulbs.weak bulbs will still grow healthy plants but quality and yield will diminish.I just got a light meter a few months ago and iI'm seeing all brands fade pretty fast at the 2 month mark.imagine a lamp that has 3 rounds on it is toast.

personally I see less frost with higher r/h on my mk which I have run for over 4 years now.

I know my bulbs are due to be changed out as well. Gonna check out the new Genesis bulbs, run em for three cycles and change em out.

Have you checked for broad mites just to rule them out? There's been some growers to find broad mites to be a culprit in reducing resin production and aroma, before infestation gets to the point of devastation. I hope that's not the case! Hopefully turns out to be something more simple.

Just reminded me I need to update my bulbs... perfect timing.

I haven't seen any...but I may need a more powerful scope. What size is recommended for viewing the dreaded BM? Good God I hope I don't have them. I would hate to lose some of the cuts and strains I have collected over the years.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

This brings up a good topic, does anyone have any good strategy for shaking/mixing up the big azz bottles?
Mixing up the 55L sizes well is near impossible.
I've never asked the guys at Greencoast how the hell the Big warehouse guys mix those HUGE bottles up. Probably using a paddle on a drill I would think. I got the 23L jugs last time and I think that it was just a tad to big to shake by hand. Switching over to powders anyways.

Myco

Myco

I haven't seen any...but I may need a more powerful scope. What size is recommended for viewing the dreaded BM? Good God I hope I don't have them. I would hate to lose some of the cuts and strains I have collected over the years.
100x is recommended. I'd recommend to pick up a $50 100x+ USB scope, so much easier to use. They are so fucking small, 0.1mm... that even some people WITH broads have a hard time locating a live mite, and more commonly see the eggs. I hope you don't have them either man. Do you notice any leaf cupping/abnormal growth in veg? Early turning of pistils? I'd count out BM's first to, number one put your mind at ease, and number two, to know that have to look elsewhere in your diagnosis.

IMO I don't think you'd notice THAT much of a lack of resin production as well as a lack of aroma just from old bulbs. But then again, I change the shit out of my bulbs, so I can't really say since I haven't seen the effects first hand. I hope it's just old/bad nutes! Best of luck, and good vibes to you and your garden.

Top Bottom