Plants Per Light

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Honestly, idk why your asking questions like this buddy lol i think your doing great. Some people would kill to be able to run that... Myself included lol

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Look into the gorilla tents they have an extension I believe makes them 8 ft. The prob tho is those sativas loooove to stretch lol. Do you do a lot of training with them to try & keep them short?
I did look into extensions. My exhaust currently comes out of the only 10" opening, in the top. The exhaust duct is insulated, both for heat retention and noise reduction, but it's only a 6" duct inside the insulation. This will be a first try for me with Sativa's in a tent. Northern lights is the tallest strain I've grown in it. So, yes, there will be some training, but these are supposed to go no higher than 4 ft. If you set them to flower when they are just inches tall, and yield about 500g m2. The strain I have now on day 51 flowering is Hash Bomb, and it's looking closer to 600g m2.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Also notice how my light goes all the way to the floor. That's important because underneath your nice lush canopy you will have fluff up the wazoo if you don't let the light penetrate between plants.
I cut all that shit off the bottoms jam it packed till the floor is all shaded

EatPizza

EatPizza

Do like 100 and skip the veg crap
I was at 100 plants for my flood tables. The system was too difficult for my family to maintain while I was away at work. Too many res changes and they couldn't keep up with weekly flushing, even tho we ran our flushes thru drip caps on 4x4 rockwool cubes. I loved doing ebb abd flo. Just too intricate for my helpers

Dbear180

Dbear180

Looks great! That's my ideal set up

Thanks man to be honest single end hps is a little older tech these days but it still gets the job done for me. I have a sweet trade hookup on bulbs & I'll prob run these until that hookup is gone or my ballasts quit. I think my next venture will be cmh. Few guys on here got my gears turning seeing their success. Can save some elec & still produce killer buds.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I was at 100 plants for my flood tables. The system was too difficult for my family to maintain while I was away at work. Too many res changes and they couldn't keep up with weekly flushing, even tho we ran our flushes thru drip caps on 4x4 rockwool cubes. I loved doing ebb abd flo. Just too intricate for my helpers
Tell your family to get it together hahaha no a lot of plants are a pain

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Thanks man to be honest single end hps is a little older tech these days but it still gets the job done for me. I have a sweet trade hookup on bulbs & I'll prob run these until that hookup is gone or my ballasts quit. I think my next venture will be cmh. Few guys on here got my gears turning seeing their success. Can save some elec & still produce killer buds.
Here are some others you might consider after checking them out. I now swear by them. I have mine running on 240v also, which saves a lot of juice.
https://www.dormgrow.com/

Dbear180

Dbear180

I cut all that shit off the bottoms jam it packed till the floor is all shaded

I cut off most of the spaghettis & my lower branches reach out for that light & become nice med size colas. I've done it like you before too just prefer this way. It may take away from the main colas but these still end up as nice buds. Any fluff just helps out the wax pile anyway :)

Dbear180

Dbear180

Here are some others you might consider after checking them out. I now swear by them. I have mine running on 240v also, which saves a lot of juice.
https://www.dormgrow.com/

Running on 240 doesn't actually save you power. Think of 110 like a coffee straw. Small & hard to breathe through. 240 is like a milkshake straw. Fat & easy. Your amp draws are lower on the 240 because your not working as hard to get those amps. It does help with available amps before you pop the circuit in the end tho :)

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

It cuts your amps in half. Amps are what the electric company uses to convert how many kilowatts your using. I am a retired electrician from a chemical company. Out there, we ran it all on 480v 3 phase power. I don't know who sold you on the plumbing theory, but that's all it is. Electricity doesn't flow like water. Sounds like you need a lesson in ohms law. My electric bill dropped massively when I hooked them up that way.

Dbear180

Dbear180

It cuts your amps in half. Amps are what the electric company uses to convert how many kilowatts your using. I am a retired electrician from a chemical company. Out there, we ran it all on 480v 3 phase power. I don't know who sold you on the plumbing theory, but that's all it is. Electricity doesn't flow like water. Sounds like you need a lesson in ohms law. My electric bill dropped massively when I hooked them up that way.

My flower room is almost a copy of an old veg space that was wired 220 & it cost me almost the same to run it... if appliance A requires 100 watts to run whether that's on 220 or 110 doesn't it still require 100 watts to run?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

My flower room is almost a copy of an old veg space that was wired 220 & it cost me almost the same to run it... if appliance A requires 100 watts to run whether that's on 220 or 110 doesn't it still require 100 watts to run?
Yes, but watts and amps are not the same value. What do you think is flowing thru your wires that cause your electric meter to spin?? It's not watts my friend. Amerape is the only thing that flows. Every time you double your voltage, your amperage falls in half. That's the reason industry runs on 480v. In fact, many of the larger motors I had to sometimes cut loose or hook back up ran on 4160v. It's all to save electricity. In Europe, everything is wired on 220v 3 phase. If you didn't save on electric, you had something else going on. It's simple. Take a look at this link, and plug in some numbers in the equations given.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm's_law

Latest posts

Top Bottom