Plants Pre Flowering

• Thread starter Augestwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Augestwest

Augestwest

So some of my plants are starting to flower and I'm about to stick them outside to supposably grow into monsters. I'm worried now should I still use the ones that are starting to flower or take clones and pretty much start from scratch. Sucks cuz my plants are already 3-4ft tall. I have my light at 15 in a half hours to try and match the sun light. Anyone have any advice

Augestwest

Augestwest

My Jack the Ripper looks like it's starting to bud up tho. Not just the usual showing pistils

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I'd guess your light cycle is the issue. Isn't it a little early to put em out too? Do you plan on using supplemental lighting outside? Why not just keep them at 18/6 until you put em out?

Augestwest

Augestwest

Well I was planning on putting them out sometime after this weekend as it is almost at 15hrs of light. A lot of ppl I. My area say Mother's Day weekend or the weekend after so I was trying to get then use to only having around 15hrs of light. I figured that if I kept them at 18/6 they would for sure flower when I put them out. I slow dropped the light about an hour every 2-3 weeks and like I said here I am at 151/2 and a few are starting to flower.

E

eighty9concr

We veg ours 18/6 under supplemental lights in greenhouses and turn the lights off june 1st and they have never once flowered. I like june 1st as the all around safe date to put clones outside. We also veg a run in February in greenhouses with heat & supplemental light and just turn the lights off when we are ready to flower. Its a early season dep that you don't have to pull tarps on, flowers on its own due to the amount of sunlight hrs in march and april.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
You're around the Portland are right? I think I read that in another thread here? I just checked that daylight hours chart someone posted up and you're area is still only at 14.3 hours of daylight. By mothers day it will only be 14.5. Looks like you'll hit 15 hours on may 22nd. I think late May/early June are usually when folks throw them outside unless they're using supplemental lighting.

E

eighty9concr

Not sure if you meant me or not... any way I'm in Humboldt for most of the season every year.

Augestwest

Augestwest

Ok makes sense well my bigger plants are doomed then and Ill just have to do then light deb and take clones tommarow to put out in my raised beds and hope to get some big girls

Toaster79

Toaster79

I've got plants and cuts sitting on my window sil without any problems and am at 45*N. The plants are left to daylight for the past month and aren't flowering yet. I'll be hitting 15h on may 15. The mother plant is 6 months old and is actually a cut which has been flowering for about 3 weeks before it was reveged. There are preflowers shooting at every node but no buds forming. Well the mother plant is beeing flowered as I'm writing but the cuts will be put out today or maybe tomorrow.

IMG 20150505 WA0000

H

happy b

I've got plants and cuts sitting on my window sil without any problems and am at 45*N. The plants are left to daylight for the past month and aren't flowering yet. I'll be hitting 15h on may 15. The mother plant is 6 months old and is actually a cut which has been flowering for about 3 weeks before it was reveged. There are preflowers shooting at every node but no buds forming. Well the mother plant is beeing flowered as I'm writing but the cuts will be put out today or maybe tomorrow.

View attachment 507617
Ha!this thread opened onto your pics toaster and i instantly thought "holy fuck they need light"then i saw it was you T and thats what was intended.
So some of my plants are starting to flower and I'm about to stick them outside to supposably grow into monsters. I'm worried now should I still use the ones that are starting to flower or take clones and pretty much start from scratch. Sucks cuz my plants are already 3-4ft tall. I have my light at 15 in a half hours to try and match the sun light. Anyone have any advice
Are they root bound?rootbound plants can throw alot of pistils in veg but its not actually flowering.you should be sound buddy.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Ha!this thread opened onto your pics toaster and i instantly thought "holy fuck they need light"then i saw it was you T and thats what was intended.

Are they root bound?rootbound plants can throw alot of pistils in veg but its not actually flowering.you should be sound buddy.

They are a bit lanky and stretchy that's for sure but since they're going out that's not a problem at all. They'll grow into trees anyways. I've already got 4 plants outside since 2 weeks ago. This two were actually waiting for better conditions. The others are planted 100 miles souther where the weather is much different.

Also a thing to keep in mind, I set intire grow to lights on 6am to 9pm for veg to prep the clones for natural daylight cycle. On the other side i took them out a month early so I could start flowering my plants and they didn't mind being an hour short of light. Did it with two different strains. Could leave the mother plant for outside grow but just couldn't wait so long for a good smoke ;)

H

happy b

Hey man i do that too.i keep my cuts in terrible conditions.like 20 odd rooted cuts in solo cups of soil and1 RED 125W CFL for the whole lot.haha.(thats how i know root bound plants can throw loads o pistils)i just take em out wen needed and put em in soil for a couple of weeks before flip and they perk right up.
we gotta do wat we gotta do in this game toaster.i hope to see some snaps o your outdoor crop bro.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm hoping too. The first four plants are being tended by three of my friends and I won't see much of them. The last two will be under my wing so I'm hoping the weather holds. I've got quick finishers (45-50) and heavy yilders.

Here's a pic of last years 7 footer:

V  57E0

The dickhead defoliated the plant in flower and took her down about 2 weeks early. Only got 1/2# dried.

H

happy b

I'm hoping too. The first four plants are being tended by three of my friends and I won't see much of them. The last two will be under my wing so I'm hoping the weather holds. I've got quick finishers (45-50) and heavy yilders.

Here's a pic of last years 7 footer:

View attachment 507633

The dickhead defoliated the plant in flower and took her down about 2 weeks early. Only got 1/2# dried.
Nice one T.is that your back garden?

Augestwest

Augestwest

Yes indeed they are root bound. Iv been trying to delay transplanting as I'm putting them outside In week or 2 and don't have much room left in my 4x4 tent. You think that's the case then?

Toaster79

Toaster79

If your light cycle is close to daylight cycle just put them out. As the days are getting longer they won't start flowering. Or give them bigger shoes to avoid further problems. Plants can start acting funny if they're heavily rootbound with showing demonic deficiencies and all sorts of things.

They'll get shocked anyways since they're not used to light conditions and spectrum.

That's one of the reasons I keep my clones ment to go outside on my windows

Top Bottom