Plants shown to die in presence of WiFi routers in experiment

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

http://www.naturalnews.com/043238_Wi-Fi_routers_radiation_plant_growth.html#

Experiment was performed by Danish high school students, but it won them a regional top prize and sparked their scientist teacher to repeat the experiment under controlled conditions. I've seen and read cases of cellphone radiation linked to cancer and smart-meter signals causing health issues but this one is new to me.

ttystikk

ttystikk

In some respects, radio emissions and radiation are similar.

iCultivate

iCultivate

I read of this a while back now...

I'm skeptical, but haven't tried it myself.

-- iCultivate --

L

larebowm

interesting stuff.now find the wave length that makes them grow

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I searched and searched, and searched some more. I couldn't find any hard science backing up a kid's experiment. So, I started looking around at the various towers we have. Ya know what? If you don't keep up on it, they can be overtaken by weeds and often are.

Something with a little more veracity would be totally cool.

In some respects, radio emissions and radiation are similar.
Because they all fall on the same spectrum?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I searched and searched, and searched some more. I couldn't find any hard science backing up a kid's experiment. So, I started looking around at the various towers we have. Ya know what? If you don't keep up on it, they can be overtaken by weeds and often are.

Something with a little more veracity would be totally cool.

Because they all fall on the same spectrum?

In some aspects, radiation from excited electrons and that from radioactive sources is similar, in that the damage inflicted is done the same way, through similar means. The difference is the particle involved. In radio, it's always an electron. In other radioactive sources, electrons get joined by other subatomic particles- which gets nasty fast because they're all bigger than electrons.

squiggly

squiggly

In some aspects, radiation from excited electrons and that from radioactive sources is similar, in that the damage inflicted is done the same way, through similar means. The difference is the particle involved. In radio, it's always an electron. In other radioactive sources, electrons get joined by other subatomic particles- which gets nasty fast because they're all bigger than electrons.

I apologize that I must do this tty, but this is all malarkey.

Electromagnetic radiation is all of the same form, the force carrier is the photon (not the electron). The difference in energy/frequency of the photon packet is what causes the different effects we see.

On the high energy side of the spectrum (high frequency/short wavelength) we have cosmic rays, then gamma rays, and x-rays. All of these are ionizing radiation. Gamma rays basically blow molecules apart. X-rays excite electrons on the inner shell of molecules (much higher energy than valence electrons) and can also break bonds and ionize species.

Then we get to the UV-Vis part of the spectrum we're all familiar with. The wavelengths here are about 20-400nm (UV) and 400-700nm (Vis), whereas gamma rays are less than 10pm by contrast (smaller than diameter of an atom). UV-Vis radiation excites valence electrons.

Then we get to infrared, which cause an excitation in vibrational levels of molecules--then to microwaves which cause excitation in rotational energy levels (lower energy than vibrational level excitations), then finally to radiowaves which interact only with the nucleus, and are used in nuclear alignment studies (the basis for MRI and NMR technologies). The wavelengths here are meter sized.

Ultimately the difference in effects has to do with the energy of the photon pack, because energy levels in molecules are quantized, radiation must match exactly the required energy input for a given excitation in a molecule or it will not interact appreciably.

A more physical way to look at this is to think of the size difference between the radio wave and an atom. The wavelength is so long that the chance of a photon propagating along that path interacting with a single atom is incredibly unlikely--and even if it were to the energy would be much too low to make any changes to the molecules.

Now the other type of radiation you're talking about is nuclear radiation. This occurs when the actual nuclei of an atom or an atom that is a component of a molecule breaks apart into two new daughter nuclei or change their charge state.

In alpha radiation you actually lose two protons and two neutrons, known as an alpha particle. In beta radiation you either emit a high energy electron, or you emit a high energy positron accompanied by an electron antineutrino.

These are different processes.

Beta radiation is some of the most dangerous radiation (along with gamma ray photons), because it is very penetrating. However, if ingested, alpha radiation is much more damaging than either.

While there is radiation on the electromagnetic spectrum which can be responsible for the same types of problems as those occurring from nuclear decay, they are two very different processes.

squiggly

squiggly

Also, just as an aside--most of this can be viewed in the light of probabilities and quantized energy levels. Quantum mechanics is the basis for all of this knowledge. If something moves through it's highest and lowest translational values (propagating along the sine wave) with a very high frequency, it's probability of interacting with smaller and smaller (and faster and faster/higher energy) particles increases. If, however, as it propagates along the wave it take a full meter to propagate along two maxima of it's translational path, the chance that it will interact with a particular electron in a particular atom decreases precipitously.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And so to extrapolate this specifically to WiFi...?

Here's my thing with folks who get all upset about wifi signals--most of them are also using other electronics that contain an electromagnetic core + winding, which means they're being exposed to...? Pretty much the exact same kind of radiation. Growing indoors with anything that has a magnetic coil in it..? Fans, mag coil ballasts, fluoros, pumps... what else? I'm sure more can be named here.

So, how do we marry this with that? How do we relieve the conundrum, the dichotomy between many, if not most here being indoor growers and this story?

squiggly

squiggly

Here, I made you a diagram.

Legend:

The atom has an electron propagating in a spherical orbital (shown by an arrow pointing in the direction of propagation).

The radiation comes in and tries to interact with that (MOVING) electron.

Pretty quickly we can see that the gamma packet has a better chance to intercept the electron because it passes along its path many times. Less so for the x, and then the UV rays respectively.

On this scale the radio wave is basically a straight line.
Image 4

squiggly

squiggly

And so to extrapolate this specifically to WiFi...?

Here's my thing with folks who get all upset about wifi signals--most of them are also using other electronics that contain an electromagnetic core + winding, which means they're being exposed to...? Pretty much the exact same kind of radiation. Growing indoors with anything that has a magnetic coil in it..? Fans, mag coil ballasts, fluoros, pumps... what else? I'm sure more can be named here.

So, how do we marry this with that? How do we relieve the conundrum, the dichotomy between many, if not most here being indoor growers and this story?

Radio waves are currently propagating through your body from every possible direction and with every possible orientation. The stuff is raining on you from the sky and through your walls and through every celly in your body. Wi-Fi is carried along radio waves.

squiggly

squiggly

Furthermore, even if all electricity on earth were to cease--you would still be getting totally bombarded by radio waves. Jupiter is constantly releasing huge radio wave bursts at us.

sixstring

sixstring

but I have read where guys will germ seeds in a baggie with papertowel right on the modem/wifi routers.hell I have done it on my cable box a bunch of times.now I do it on my t5 ballast,for the warmth.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree squiggly. even if you dont own anything there is so much radiowaves on this planet you are getting hit constantly. i think they added like 30,000 cell phone towers in the last 2 -3 years

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
but I have read where guys will germ seeds in a baggie with papertowel right on the modem/wifi routers.hell I have done it on my cable box a bunch of times.now I do it on my t5 ballast,for the warmth.

i always use my cable box to germ seeds

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do it on my computer so I don't forget to look at them. Have my harddrive sitting here to my left. It's also where I put my receipts. I want one of those Neat gadgets, but they only run on Windows or Mac. Assholes, they should make it compatible with Linux.

Wanna know something else? I make yogurt in the microwave, using my own cultures. In other words, the culture doesn't die or change when I use it over and over again. I've only gotten something different when changing the fat content or source of the milk. DON'T try to make yogurt with cultures from cow's milk with goat milk, it just rots. In other words, it's gotta from from the same animal. Using high fat (whole or half & half) milk vs lowfat or nonfat milk is the difference between getting a rich, creamy, nutty yogurt and a very tart, almost astringent yogurt.

Should I make a thread, Sea's yogurt 101? :D I fucking love yogurt.

Top Bottom