Plants stop budding after 3 weeks

• Thread starter AKAJinx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AKAJinx

AKAJinx

I've tried white rhino, wedding cake, critical kush, white widow, gorilla cookies, gorilla glue, and probably some others I've forgotten about. Currently growing a wedding cake. Tried Barnes Farm, Fast buds, and seedsman seeds

Ponky

Ponky

Maybe you should go to the closet. And grab those old bones and return them to the ancestral burial site.... or maybe go see a witch doctor or Shaman.

Do you have access to a friend with known good yielding clones and an exact recipe you could copy? Is it a concrete floor?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

Lol No, unfortunately I'm the only one of my friends who grows. Not a concrete floor. Typical crawl space underneath

Ponky

Ponky

Lol No, unfortunately I'm the only one of my friends who grows. Not a concrete floor. Typical crawl space underneath
And no radon and not built on the site of a landfill. Hmmm. Have you done soil grows in that set up before?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

And no radon and not built on the site of a landfill. Hmmm. Have you done soil grows in that set up before?
Never tried a radon test. Never tried soil. Back in the late 90s I was growing plants out of the old school drip ring systems and using powder nutrients and never had an issue. I got back into growing 3 years ago and it's sucked every time

Ponky

Ponky

Never tried a radon test. Never tried soil. Back in the late 90s I was growing plants out of the old school drip ring systems and using powder nutrients and never had an issue. I got back into growing 3 years ago and it's sucked every time
Well. If you live near granite bedrock do a radon test.

Otherwise I strongly suggest a Promix or living soil grow. As kind of a benchmark. I'd want to see at least 10 ounces off a 600 watt bulb. If not 16. And do a DWC but use powdered food again. And do what you used to do. Try a few things out. It has to be the DWC.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Did you mention the temperatures in your grow, or did I miss it? (As sharp a stoner as I am, I'm still a stoner.)

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

What feeding are you currently doing, and what order do you mix the ingredients and at what PH. And do you test PH daily?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

Temp at the top of the plant is about 74, temp in the room is about 71. Humidity fluctuates between hi 50's low 60s

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would bring the temps up a few degrees and see what happens.

Ponky

Ponky

GH Flora series. Micro 1st, then Gro, then Bloom. I check pH twice a day. Try to keep it between 5.8 and 6.0
The PH perfect trio is ok. But not my favorite. In my side by side the ph perfect only plants in DWC compared to the maxibloom only side have softer stems and smaller buds. And less frost. The maxibloom only smaller plants I had in promix were the smallest. But had the most weight. And they were very easy to trim. Basically 4 identical plants. But only half as tall. In the DWC side the PH perfect was the most stretched. And flimsy. And the maxi ones are still stretched. Buy have nicer buds. Bigger and frostier. But the short Promix plants were better yielding. And better smoke. Even though they looked small.

What powdered food did you use back in the day? And was that a pound a light kind of setup?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

The PH perfect trio is ok. But not my favorite. In my side by side the ph perfect only plants in DWC compared to the maxibloom only side have softer stems and smaller buds. And less frost. The maxibloom only smaller plants I had in promix were the smallest. But had the most weight. And they were very easy to trim. Basically 4 identical plants. But only half as tall. In the DWC side the PH perfect was the most stretched. And flimsy. And the maxi ones are still stretched. Buy have nicer buds. Bigger and frostier. But the short Promix plants were better yielding. And better smoke. Even though they looked small.

What powdered food did you use back in the day? And was that a pound a light kind of setup?
It was a kit I bought called "Gro rock bucket cell". Each bucket came with the rocks, and powder nutrient. I just remembered it coming from Canada. It was basically a 3.5 gallon bucket full of the rocks that sat in a 5 gallon bucket which had a water pump that pumped the water up to a drip ring

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Hey bud here is an idea - every grower I’ve known or observed who has tried distilled water has had complications.

Maybe switch that up for a couple weeks? I use RO mixed with my well water to about 100 ppm for my soil grows, and straight RO with MegaCrop for my promix rooms.

That would be an easy input to change without too much mental anguish.

Ponky

Ponky

It was a kit I bought called "Gro rock bucket cell". Each bucket came with the rocks, and powder nutrient. I just remembered it coming from Canada. It was basically a 3.5 gallon bucket full of the rocks that sat in a 5 gallon bucket which had a water pump that pumped the water up to a drip ring
Well thats one I've never seen. For powder nutrients I've been using MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom. And with tap water they PH to 6.0 and so far no issues. Both in DWC and Promix. It's a simple one part that so far hasn't fouled any water on me.

How much dry weight did you get? And how powerful was the light?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

Well thats one I've never seen. For powder nutrients I've been using MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom. And with tap water they PH to 6.0 and so far no issues. Both in DWC and Promix. It's a simple one part that so far hasn't fouled any water on me.

How much dry weight did you get? And how powerful was the light?
Didn't weigh it back then but I would guess 6-7 oz. I've always used a 400W light. Metal halide conversion bulb in a hps light for veg then switch to the hps bulb once I saw preflowers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ditch the DWC buckets and use a more user friendly system is my advice too. Even rockwool is easier to control, but coco or promix are excellent choices too.

Something else that can stunt bud growth is excessive phosphorus in early flower. Too much is toxic to plants. For that reason I usually stick to a veg ratio of about 2-1-2 all the way through the cycle including flower, and only supplement small amounts of additional pk a few times during the flower cycle. But even then it's supplemented, the majority of the food in my nute solution is 2-1-2.

But, anything out of balance can stunt the growth, light levels, co2 levels, food quantity and ratios, air leaf and root temperatures and relative humidity, air movement etc.. all have to be somewhat balanced to match the other variables for optimal growth. If any one of those is too little or too much the plant suffers and it can stunt development.

Ponky

Ponky

Didn't weigh it back then but I would guess 6-7 oz. I've always used a 400W light. Metal halide conversion bulb in a hps light for veg then switch to the hps bulb once I saw preflowers
That's pretty adequate yield for 400 watts. Maybe get a 600 watt combo. Or an LED array. Get a lot more yield for space that way.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's pretty adequate yield for 400 watts. Maybe get a 600 watt combo. Or an LED array. Get a lot more yield for space that way.
Overall yield it about right, those buds surely don't look fully developed though which to me seems odd.

Top Bottom