Plants stop budding after 3 weeks

• Thread starter AKAJinx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

I guess the next question is. How does it smoke? Smooth? Strong? Or bitter with dark ashes and a nasty taste?

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

I guess the next question is. How does it smoke? Smooth? Strong? Or bitter with dark ashes and a nasty taste?
The stuff I'm growing now...the 3 week curse plants smoke great. Taste great with a good kick in the ass. Testing a sample of the plants at week 5, 6 , and so on...the THC is definitely increasing just not the yield

Ponky

Ponky

The stuff I'm growing now...the 3 week curse plants smoke great. Taste great with a good kick in the ass. Testing a sample of the plants at week 5, 6 , and so on...the THC is definitely increasing just not the yield
Well. I am of the opinion you should increase your lighting output. Maybe even a bigger tent and two lights. I think the 400 watt is holding you back. If you're smoke is over 20% and tastes good you're on track. You just need a bigger haul. I'm an HPS guy. But there are lots of LED guys with big yields in tents. They know what LED is good to use.

growsince79

growsince79

Well its good you got the genetics dialed in. Very rare to see successful low wattage grows. Nice.
I used to run 3 x 150w in 2x4. But I could only grow in winter. I been learning leds and now I can grow year round. 150w hps = 100w led. Mix and match as needed.

Ponky

Ponky

I used to run 3 x 150w in 2x4. But I could only grow in winter. I been learning leds and now I can grow year round. 150w hps = 100w led. Mix and match as needed.
I do 3 600 watts in the flower side of my personal set up. But each light only drops maybe a pound. Out of 4x4. I haven't had a strain yield really well in a couple years. Good smoke. Just not bulky.
What was the hybrid? Sounds like it's pro breeding.

growsince79

growsince79

I do 3 600 watts in the flower side of my personal set up. But each light only drops maybe a pound. Out of 4x4. I haven't had a strain yield really well in a couple years. Good smoke. Just not bulky.
What was the hybrid? Sounds like it's pro breeding.
I mostly grow my own strains. In forty some years, I've only grown store bought seeds 4 times. This was the best yielding store bought strain I've played with. Got a slingshot, these will break a window. I just planted my last 2.

Ponky

Ponky

Man.. clones have been my world. Only been trying seeds for about 3 or 4 years. Haven't hit the jackpot on a high yielding one yet. Close with the bruce banner. But seeds and bud rot was a common problem. And the smoke is not popular. I liked it. One other person did. Everyone else hated it.

Top Bottom