Plants stopped drinking and turning yellow.

• Thread starter cabinetmaker74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cabinetmaker74

26 days into flowering and their leaves are turning yellow and they've almost stopped drinking. O.G. Kush first pic, Northern Lights 2nd pic. Using Happy Frog soil, fabric 5 gal pots, soil ph 6.8, watering with filtered water ph around 6.2, 39"×39"×60" grow tent, Vivosun VS2000 light set on 75% 20" above plants, temp 23 -29, RH 34-46. I water them with .75 liters every 3 days adding 2ml Calmag and 8-10ml of Tiger Bloom every other feeding. Any ideas?

Plants stopped drinking and turning yellow
Plants stopped drinking and turning yellow 2
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

It looks like light bleaching to me. I had to lower the intensity of my lights a lot during flower. So, I suggest trying a reduced light intensity to see how they respond.

I think the more experienced folks might have something to say about the nutrient mix.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

.75 liters every few days is not enough. You should be watering about 3 liters for a 5 gal pot. Water slowly, like a half liter each every few minutes. Then wait until the pots are very light to water again. I think that and raising you light should take care of your issues.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I use 5 gallon grow bags and when the girls are flowering im watering a gallon of water every 3 days
I'm not saying there can't be a need to water every three days. This is situational. These plants have only been getting 3 cups of water -- probably right around the stem. If you fully watered them now, it could take a while to even root out the pot.

D

dean1963

yep the light is the main culprit here.. raise it up..
and get correct watering techniques as mentioned already..
what are you feeding?
what is the growing medium?
without derailing this thread, why does everyone say raise the light?
why not just turn down the intensity?
what difference does it make?
not that i doubt you, just really want to know the difference

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm not sure, i think full intensity but higher up is better than lower intensity and close..
also depends on young or mature plant..
just my 2 cents..
i use metal halide and high pressure sodium lights..

C

cabinetmaker74

.75 liters every few days is not enough. You should be watering about 3 liters for a 5 gal pot. Water slowly, like a half liter each every few minutes. Then wait until the pots are very light to water again. I think that and raising you light should take care of your issues.
I will do that but I may turn the intensity down on the light instead of raising it. It's as high as I can get it without having to reposition my air filtering system. If raising it is a necessity I'll do it but it's a lot simpler to try turning the intensity knob first.

C

cabinetmaker74

yep the light is the main culprit here.. raise it up..
and get correct watering techniques as mentioned already..
what are you feeding?
what is the growing medium?
Using Fox Farm Happy Frog and feeding them the Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. I forgot to mention that I was treating them thoroughly once a week with Growers Ally spider mite control also. This is my 3rd grow and my first two were a war between the spider mites and myself so I started spraying these early into veg in hopes of preventing another infestation of those little bastards.

steamroller

steamroller

Many look for the spread of the light with the power still up.
Some of the newer lights have optics to create a greater spread and they claim the light works better closer.

@cabinetmaker74 I use FF soil and ferts.
When I switched to flower I use the dry three instead of tiger bloom.
They worked pretty well IMO but you need to be on time switching between them to get three different ferts in the flower cycle.
Welcome to the farm.

Sunasun

Sunasun

For more even light distribution over a larger area is why you want to raise your light's height as much as possible.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
26 days into flowering and their leaves are turning yellow and they've almost stopped drinking. O.G. Kush first pic, Northern Lights 2nd pic. Using Happy Frog soil, fabric 5 gal pots, soil ph 6.8, watering with filtered water ph around 6.2, 39"×39"×60" grow tent, Vivosun VS2000 light set on 75% 20" above plants, temp 23 -29, RH 34-46. I water them with .75 liters every 3 days adding 2ml Calmag and 8-10ml of Tiger Bloom every other feeding. Any ideas?
I had a very similar problem with my last grow of OG Kush (My Northern Lights faired better) and I can see why OG Kush is considered an intermediate grow and not a beginners. It's very sensitive to nutrients inputs and watering. Looks like your going through a lockout. I'm on my 2nd grow of OG Kush, side by side with a White Widow, this time the OG Kush is doing better than my first attempt at it, like you I'm not celebrating till that 4th week of truth, so we'll see. But burnt tips and yellowing is a lockout. For watering you want to aim at 5 to 10% volume of your pot at a time. Three days is safe but stay on top of your soils moisture on a daily basis. Tiger Bloom sounds like a synthetic nutrient and those do best around 5.6-5.8 pH. Not sure how folks here feel about measure EC before and after but you might want to look into that. But from what I'm seeing from the pics, your overdoing it with the nutes with probably not enough runoff. You want 10-20% runoff when watering. (That 5-10% watering per pot volume is a good guide for organic soil growers ) but for synthetic growers aim for 10 to 20% runoff when watering to avoid salt build up in the media. my 2.cents. I went everywhere with that one... 😐

Top Bottom