PH ~6
Res temps fluctuate from about 78F-80F
Room Temperature - 75F-85F
Humidity varies from about 40-50
Using well water @ ~200 ppm
general hydroponics maxigro to ~400ppm for first month in res
increased to ~800ppm July 7(yesterday)
viparspectra xs1500 150W 100% at 18" height

I waited until 5 nodes then topped back to the 3rd node, I don't have any pics from then but they looked super healthy when I topped it. This plant is SUPER compact. The leaves are twisting and curling and starting to discolor.

20220708_233304.jpg
20220708_233029.jpg
20220708_233041.jpg
20220708_233238.jpg

I have checked it for pests and seen nothing I also spray every 5 days.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

i dont think that plant can handle 100% of 150 watts right now, that is your issue.

try 20-40%

lower the light intensity till the plant perks up to it.

also

RZT ---- 78-80 might be too warm for roots.

i think it was 68-72 for ideal

G

geemonty

i dont think that plant can handle 100% of 150 watts right now, that is your issue.

try 20-40%

lower the light intensity till the plant perks up to it.

also

RZT ---- 78-80 might be too warm for roots.

i think it was 68-72 for ideal
My clones have always been able to handle the full light, but these are seeds, I guess they aren't as robust in this early stage. I'll dial it down. Not going to be investing in a chiller as other expenses must take priority atm, but yeah I have read that 68f rzt is ideal and a chiller is on my list for future investments.

Hopefully the lower light intensity fixes the problem, I'll post an update.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My clones have always been able to handle the full light, but these are seeds, I guess they aren't as robust in this early stage. I'll dial it down. Not going to be investing in a chiller as other expenses must take priority atm, but yeah I have read that 68f rzt is ideal and a chiller is on my list for future investments.

Hopefully the lower light intensity fixes the problem, I'll post an update.
freeze water in 1 or 2 liter bottles. Use those bottles to drop your res temp. Yes, it's manual but you can get by this way without investing in a chiller.

P.S. Consider dropping your ppm. They also look over-fed. The dark shiny leaves suggest N toxicity. Dialing down the light as previously suggested will help bring things in balance.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

freeze water in 1 or 2 liter bottles. Use those bottles to drop your res temp. Yes, it's manual but you can get by this way without investing in a chiller.

P.S. Consider dropping your ppm. They also look over-fed. The dark shiny leaves suggest N toxicity. Dialing down the light as previously suggested will help bring things in balance.
Indoor
White Banner from Crop King Seeds
50/50 Hybrid
started seed in rapid rooter in humidity dome June 1
moved to res June 7th
16 gal DWC reservoir
PH ~6

I waited until 5 nodes then topped back to the 3rd node, I don't have any pics from then but they looked super healthy when I topped it. This plant is SUPER compact. The leaves are twisting and curling and starting to discolor.

View attachment 1260098View attachment 1260099View attachment 1260100View attachment 1260101

They are getting too much fertilizer

G

geemonty

They are getting too much fertilizer
lol and i just upped PPM to 800.

I was using this as a guideline but I thought it looked a little high. On my first dwc grow I honestly just guessed because I didn't have a ppm meter and it turned out well.

Hydroponic-Feed-Schedule.jpg

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

lol and i just upped PPM to 800.

I was using this as a guideline but I thought it looked a little high. On my first dwc grow I honestly just guessed because I didn't have a ppm meter and it turned out well.

Hydroponic-Feed-Schedule.jpg
They sell more if you mix it thicker. Start low then build up to find the sweet spot,all plants are different too so if you have different strains some may like more than others.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You did not say if autoflowers or photoperiod, I use a viperspectra 600w 2 cycle led, I keep my light at least 3ft above canopy ie 36inc this covers the complete area under the par, you want ur plants reaching for the light, ur light is much more powerful than mine, you need to raise that light bc your plants can't stretch, an autoflower will do a stretch before it starts to flower, if your light is to low this is not possible, a photoperiod plant will grow much slower but it still needs to stretch, bring your light to 36inc above canopy stand over light and make shure all you plants are getting light, keep a fan on them to disperse heat. And observe your plants you like I said want them reaching for the light not shying away or drarwfing or burning.

20220524 185040
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Genetics and they are stunted from to much light, likely low o2 and olant temps to high possibility without a decent difference in day night temp and likely under a blue leaning light

G

geemonty

You did not say if autoflowers or photoperiod, I use a viperspectra 600w 2 cycle led, I keep my light at least 3ft above canopy ie 36inc this covers the complete area under the par, you want ur plants reaching for the light, ur light is much more powerful than mine, you need to raise that light bc your plants can't stretch, an autoflower will do a stretch before it starts to flower, if your light is to low this is not possible, a photoperiod plant will grow much slower but it still needs to stretch, bring your light to 36inc above canopy stand over light and make shure all you plants are getting light, keep a fan on them to disperse heat. And observe your plants you like I said want them reaching for the light not shying away or drarwfing or burning.
they are photo period.

G

geemonty

Genetics and they are stunted from to much light, likely low o2 and olant temps to high possibility without a decent difference in day night temp and likely under a blue leaning light
OK so I guess I probably need to invest in a chiller. I am going to do the manual method buzzzz suggested for now while I look into a chiller in my budget. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

The O2, I was actually concerned about this. I had purchased one of these 126 GPH air pumps and a couple 2" air stones from the hydro store. It didn't look like I was getting the same vigorous bubbles as my bucket setup. Several resources suggest I am too low by probably half. My res is a 27 gal but only holds ~16gal solution @ 1in below the net cups.

G

geemonty

Update:

So I purchased a bigger air pump and a couple more stones. I also played around with some fans I had and I got the res temp down to 70-74. Unless I install a small AC unit in the room or something that the lowest I think I am going to get it while the temps are hot here. I threw some 2 liter bottles of water in the freezer if I need them. I did another res change scrubbed everything out the roots showed early signs of rot. Dropped PPM back to 400. Light is 20" @50%. The plant is already shooting out bright creamy white roots. The new growth is still developing but looks normal again.

Thanks for the help. This is just my 3rd DWC grow 1st in this new setup.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Indoor
White Banner from Crop King Seeds
50/50 Hybrid
started seed in rapid rooter in humidity dome June 1
moved to res June 7th
16 gal DWC reservoir
PH ~6

View attachment 1260098View attachment 1260099View attachment 1260100View attachment 1260101

Do you have a fan directly on them kinda looks like wind burn I've seen my plants doing that so I moved the fan to the top seems like there unfurling now my plant out side starting doing that so I blocked wind it screws it up

G

geemonty

Do you have a fan directly on them kinda looks like wind burn I've seen my plants doing that so I moved the fan to the top seems like there unfurling now my plant out side starting doing that so I blocked wind it screws it up
Yes I do have a fan blowing on them but its several feet away and I only set it on low. Didn't know wind burn was a thing, I'll have to remember that one for the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom