Plants too tall during flower stretch HELP

• Thread starter sonnyexotics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sonnyexotics

Hey y’all! New grower.

I’m running Gush Mints from clone. I’m on day 14 of flower and I vegged too long (30 days). I topped a week before flipping and completely forgot the flower stretch. I’m 2 weeks into flower and now I have my cola sites not to far from my light. I’m running Luxx 630w CMH lights. On the highest setting. Cannot dim them since I don’t have a controller for it. I have super cropped them and tried to control the growth with trellis but it is not helping. Literally keep stretching. I’m thinking about topping all the tall ones closest to the lights. I bent a lot of them to the outside but I feel they won’t get light because they’ll be above the light itself. I know it’ll reduce yield since I’m cutting off budsites but I’d rather do that than getting bleached or burnt or not enough light. I can try raising the light a couple inches but I need to raise my table a couple inches to install a drain so that wouldn’t really make a difference unless I can get a taller tent which I can’t afford at the moment. What do you guys think? Should I top?
C8BBC6AB 2AA3 4EC1 9274 CEAAB93DA603

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I'd consider removing half the plants and supercropping the remaining plants to fill the space and halve the height.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hey y’all! New grower.

I’m running Gush Mints from clone. I’m on day 14 of flower and I vegged too long (30 days). I topped a week before flipping and completely forgot the flower stretch. I’m 2 weeks into flower and now I have my cola sites not to far from my light. I’m running Luxx 630w CMH lights. On the highest setting. Cannot dim them since I don’t have a controller for it. I have super cropped them and tried to control the growth with trellis but it is not helping. Literally keep stretching. I’m thinking about topping all the tall ones closest to the lights. I bent a lot of them to the outside but I feel they won’t get light because they’ll be above the light itself. I know it’ll reduce yield since I’m cutting off budsites but I’d rather do that than getting bleached or burnt or not enough light. I can try raising the light a couple inches but I need to raise my table a couple inches to install a drain so that wouldn’t really make a difference unless I can get a taller tent which I can’t afford at the moment. What do you guys think? Should I top?
Man I wish I had some good advice!
I do really want to know how this turns out.
I am on my first grow and did not believe the hype about plants doubling height after the switch and now mine are getting close to the lights as well, I also have a trellis.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Hey y’all! New grower.

I’m running Gush Mints from clone. I’m on day 14 of flower and I vegged too long (30 days). I topped a week before flipping and completely forgot the flower stretch. I’m 2 weeks into flower and now I have my cola sites not to far from my light. I’m running Luxx 630w CMH lights. On the highest setting. Cannot dim them since I don’t have a controller for it. I have super cropped them and tried to control the growth with trellis but it is not helping. Literally keep stretching. I’m thinking about topping all the tall ones closest to the lights. I bent a lot of them to the outside but I feel they won’t get light because they’ll be above the light itself. I know it’ll reduce yield since I’m cutting off budsites but I’d rather do that than getting bleached or burnt or not enough light. I can try raising the light a couple inches but I need to raise my table a couple inches to install a drain so that wouldn’t really make a difference unless I can get a taller tent which I can’t afford at the moment. What do you guys think? Should I top? View attachment 1267626
View attachment 1267627
Bend them over and tie down to your net. Squeeze them where you want to bend wiggle a bit until flexable and lay them flat. They'll try to stand up again by tomorrow. Try it on one branch then after you're comfortable with the process bend them all over.

sambapati

sambapati

Man I wish I had some good advice!
I do really want to know how this turns out.
I am on my first grow and did not believe the hype about plants doubling height after the switch and now mine are getting close to the lights as well, I also have a trellis.
You have to bend the plants, not top them now. You need wooden skewers, wine corks, garden wire to train the plants and tie them up so each branch has a specific pathway. When I look at your grow it would take me some bamboo, an electric drill some toothpicks, pipe cleaners and squeezing and bending branches and 2 hours to get it right. All the plants need to be specifically pushed into the best spot and then anchored. Meanwhile when the develop some buds all the buds can rest on the corks/bamboo. Take a look at my grow and you can see all of the above being used. Same idea as English climber roses. Yes, giant ganja plants taking over your grow -- I sense a movie here

sambapati

sambapati

Bend them over and tie down to your net. Squeeze them where you want to bend wiggle a bit until flexable and lay them flat. They'll try to stand up again by tomorrow. Try it on one branch then after you're comfortable with the process bend them all over.
Bend 'em over and tie em down and out. I'm trying to provide room for all these side buds on my 3 plants that are developing sticky ickie and snow at 21 days. Going to save all the stalks because they make excellent scaffolding for the plants. Meanwhile the tallest bud is only 13" from the light, but haven't heard any complaints.

S

sonnyexotics

That's what I'm doing, I'm going to wait it out and keep bending them but literally the branches from underneath pop up and start stretching

S

sonnyexotics

Honestly if super cropping doesn't help, I'll just remove a bulb and run it at 315w