Plastic bucket curing - anyone done it before? Or anything larger than mason jars?

• Thread starter MooseFarts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jamrock1962

Lol..nahh never mold bra I burp the totes nightly and I put my kolas dried in the containers until I'm ready to trim it up ...then I put it back into the totes by the pound if it's on kolas it holds about 3 pounds up to five in pure bud...I'm a female grower of 20 years from mendocino county trust me this is the best way I have found to cure my shit...enjoy my friend..ohhh make sure its dry completely first and burp that bitch...lol
What size containers u use

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

@SofaKingHigh has the video I was going to pot this is the best way to do in buckets. I have used this method to cure hundreds of pounds.

tango.hotel.charlie

tango.hotel.charlie

Hey everyone, just curious if there’s anyone here on the farm who cures their product in plastic buckets / pails. My guess is that it would normally be outdoor growers who don’t want to have hundreds of mason jars to use to cure.

I was thinking about getting perhaps 5L food grade pails for curing in. It would hold much more than a mason jar and be much easier to go about opening a bunch of them every day.

Does the smoke lose some flavour when curing in plastic? Any preferences to size of bucket? Etc etc
No but you should use food grade. are u utilizing an air pump and check valve on a timer for automation?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I did not elaborate, I hang plants till there mostly dry on outside but wet on inside then put in cool whip containers, then open every 2 days or so till that hay smell goes away, that's clorafill, then into Mason jars with a humidity chip to cure, once the weed is cured and ready to toke I take out of Mason jar and put in mylar bag I have a dehydrator and it sucks all the air out of bag then heat seals it, at this point your smoke will last a very long time. Hope that helps, the sealer came with dehydrator but you can buy 1 at Wall Mart probably I use it to store meat in freezer allso but bags are a bit pricey.

MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

Just to add, Dog Food gamma seal container is bpa free and food grade. I just picked up a 60lb one for $37 at Tjmax, seen some Facilities use them. A drying rack 5-7 day dry and mason jars 5-7 day cure is what I used in the past.

Trailertrish

Trailertrish

No but you should use food grade. are u utilizing an air pump and check valve on a timer for automation?
Yes, I use the bucket cure. Food grade, Opaque 5 gallon with a gamma-seal lid, 1 way air locks, food grade silicone tubing, air pump, timer plug set to 5 minutes ever 24 hours and RH boveda 72 per lb.
could you use the same system for drying if you removed the timer just let the air pump run ?

Trailertrish

Trailertrish

I did not elaborate, I hang plants till there mostly dry on outside but wet on inside then put in cool whip containers, then open every 2 days or so till that hay smell goes away, that's clorafill, then into Mason jars with a humidity chip to cure, once the weed is cured and ready to toke I take out of Mason jar and put in mylar bag I have a dehydrator and it sucks all the air out of bag then heat seals it, at this point your smoke will last a very long time. Hope that helps, the sealer came with dehydrator but you can buy 1 at Wall Mart probably I use it to store meat in freezer allso but bags are a bit pricey.
Your dehydrator ( maybe you mean a vacuum sealer) ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom