plastic garbage can

• Thread starter blingisgreen23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blingisgreen23

im thinking about buying me a black plastic garbage can - about 30 gallon and then using some spray paint to camo it in the woods and then put some brush around it..when i go to transplant my plant ..is this a better idea than the 5 gallon bucket?..thanks

T

Toes

You should just plant it in the dirt.

in 30 gallons of prime soil all the other forest friends would just get jealous, think about your plant... out there... all alone... all the other cheap dirt bound flora making fun of it cause it's in this 30 gallon garbage can.... spray painted camo to blend in with them.

420Gator

420Gator

im pretty sure they make big palstic cammo grow bags, might be cheaper/easier than spray painting the can

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

In my opinion you want wider container not deeper.

B

blingisgreen23

what about a really big rubbermaid tote?..what do you think?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I think you could grow a monster with a big rubbermaid tub and still be able to move it if necessary.

Mogrow

Mogrow

i like the trash can idea, you can roll your container out of the woods if need be. plenty big to have a large plant, would help if it was wider instead of deeper. if you dont need the portablity, go with smartpots.
karma to your grow, whatever container u use.
peace mogrow

Blaze

Blaze

Wider is definitely better than deeper. Cannabis produces a shallow but wide root system, especially when growing clones. A 30 gal trash can will be able to grow bigger and better plants than a 5 gal bucket - 5 gal is much, much to small for outdoor.

The minimum size you should go with for outdoor is 25 gallons if you want to make it worth your while. However I am pretty certain that a 25 gallon smart pot or plastic pot is going to be cheaper than a trash can. The rubbermaid containers would probably work well too since they are nice and wide.

Don't plant directly into native dirt either - 99% of native soil is crap. A raised container like a smart pot or rubbermaid bin (or better yet wooden raised beds) will give you better aeration, better drainage, and better control over the conditions of the plants roots. Cannabis likes light, well aerated soil with good drainage, and lots of organic matter so keep that in mind.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree blaze. How much you tryin to get off 1 plant.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I've had guerrilla success using 30 gallon cans. They can last a week without water until the last 3 or 4 weeks where you should water every 3 to 4 days. This is giving each can a six gallon jug of water or nutes and feeding every other watering. Using totes gave me shorter but wider plants. If you have 4 or 5 cubic feet of soil in your container, you should do just fine. Thats an average of 3 bags of potting soil for each container.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

We used to plant in the ground but we been using 5s last couple years due to theft. we put them out later in the year and bring them in the barn at night.8-12 oz a piece is about maxin it some pounders.
IMAG0350.jpg

Mogrow

Mogrow

blaze, i gotta disagree about 99% of native soil is crap. i've grown strictly in native soil for over 30 years, and i seem to do alright. i can look, touch and smell soil in my area and tell if it will produce good healthy plants.

N

norcalshan

Pulled a pound out of a 25 gallon smart pot last year with a Blue Dream. going in the ground this year, but at least you can turn it every week and get max sun on all the Buds.

Top Bottom