Platinum Gushers Grow - From Clone 😎🤘🏻

• Thread starter Tango02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
What up again! Starting a new grow log here because I’ve just received a new cut to start rooting.
Platinum Gusher is a indica dominate hybrid, 60/40 split.

I’ve started off the clone with a 24 hour soak in a 500~ ppm nute solution pH’d at 5.8~ Under a 100 watt LED.
I have also soaked a pod in this same nute solution for transferring.
This little guy looked sad when she arrived but has since perked right up and looking to the light again.
There will be a total of three clones to root for this grow. I will then be taking clones from the strongest mother plant I end up with out of the three. And attempting to start a perpetual grow at that time.

I’m going to be rooting with some Clonex Rooting hormone, I’ve never used this product but it had some very good reviews from some people that had and it seems to be a well recommended product . Hopefully I have the same results/outcome. 🤞🤞🤞

Platinum gushers grow   from clone
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 2
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 3
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 4
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 5
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 6
Platinum gushers grow   from clone 7
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So I decided to trim her down a few inches to allow for easier nutrient up take and to allow me to fit her into my propagation dome.
I scraped off the outside layer to expose the white membrane underneath. Then dipped into the clonex rooting hormone.

BA5FB51E 3C4C 4DCB 816B 049114C03609
0730C44F 56A8 463C 9004 B1036B10D518
0BA97938 3187 4327 8DC2 51707B2E797A
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Exciting stuff, following along

Right on, thank you. I’ll be updating regularly as I work through the experiment(at least for me) of growing from clones.

This was an unexpected result for sure this morning.
So what I’ve done to try to correct this. What I’m assuming is shock and or nutrition overload.
I’ve simply flushed the cube twice with just plain tap water. My tap water here is about 100ppm. My initial thought was to simply stick with this for a few weeks but I went against that based on the info that I have read elsewhere.
Trial and Error...🧐🤷‍♂️

I’ll post another picture this evening to show if the ol girl has bounced back at all. We will see....

78409E7B 0FBA 408B 8D26 5234800B2B6F
Mospeada

Mospeada

Do you leave it out in the open like that? Usually clones need full humidity in the first couple of days. It has no roots so fluids which add to its' turgidness can only be taken in from the air.

Mospeada

Mospeada

Yeah odd, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the amount of transpiration was too much, I trim my fan leaves back a bit and you could probably have gotten rid of the two bottom leaves too.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Yeah odd, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the amount of transpiration was too much, I trim my fan leaves back a bit and you could probably have gotten rid of the two bottom leaves too.

I went back and forth on trimming those bottom two fan leaves out completely. Finally decided to leave them but I am going to trim them now. Would trimming now even matter at this point?

Mospeada

Mospeada

I went back and forth on trimming those bottom two fan leaves out completely. Finally decided to leave them but I am going to trim them now. Would trimming now even matter at this point?
Can't hurt if it is a transpiration issue imo. Getting rid of those two is a fair bit less work that clone will have to do. You're currently in the trial and error phase anyways so it's probably a good thing to run into these kinda problems. Personally, I take smaller cuttings myself. I have had issues with larger clones but I never really solved them as I just started taking the smaller stuff on the lower branches and I haven't had problems since, apart from my gradual fails with an air cloner.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Can't hurt if it is a transpiration issue imo. Getting rid of those two is a fair bit less work that clone will have to do. You're currently in the trial and error phase anyways so it's probably a good thing to run into these kinda problems. Personally, I take smaller cuttings myself. I have had issues with larger clones but I never really solved them as I just started taking the smaller stuff on the lower branches and I haven't had problems since, apart from my gradual fails with an air cloner.

I have trimmed the lower two fan leaves off completely and also cut back the remaining fan leaves also. This helped to bring the plant slightly more up right also. Less weight I guess.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Any chance she is getting too much light for cloning?

Anthem

Anthem

Tango, when you cut clones try and cut on an angle at a node. Also the 500 PPM is hot for a clone. I go maybe 250 at the most. Removing leaves and cutting back leaves works both ways for me. Usually I see 95 to 100 percent success with clones. Good Luck

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
After a flush, looking better after 12hours.
Hopefully she starts to come back around

D3044C88 0C77 425F BA2B 527965F3EE86
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Ok so a slight delay in this grow but now we are back on track!
Going to be starting with 4 cuts of platinum gusher and 2 cuts of powder cakes.
No nutes added to the water that I soaked the pods in this time just plain tap water. Didn’t pH it just went with it.
My tap water is about 100ppm on its on and about 8ph so no risk of burning these little guys up.

F6CCB978 BBC5 43EA ABB2 F973E0C3FAB4
E9B83BB4 4E0E 42D6 825A 3B3D0FAB04D1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom