Platinum LED brand experience anyone?

• Thread starter Dbean16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbean16

Dbean16

Hello there, I was thinking of picking up one of these platinum LED lights for my veg closet. More specifically a p600 model to keep 2-3 mothers.

Anyone here in the community have any experience with this brand? How long do they last before encountering problems? Most importantly how much heat do they give off?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’ve had 2 for 6 years or so, maybe longer. It was the pinnacle of blurple tech back when. You’re better off with lm301 h or b boards or bars.

Dbean16

Dbean16

I’ve had 2 for 6 years or so, maybe longer. It was the pinnacle of blurple tech back when. You’re better off with lm301 h or b boards or bars.
That’s not a bad life compared to HPS. What is it you’re talking about? What is a lm301 h or b? Never heard of this are they drivers?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Lm301b or h are Samsung diodes. As far as I know they are the most efficient ones out there. All or most of the higher end fixtures have them but so do a lot of cheaper ones. Spider farmer and viperspectra on the cheaper side and hlg on the upper end.
Ive been running kingbrite 240 watt boards from Alibaba.com for the last 3-4 years and really like them. Best bang for the buck and No issues at all.

Dbean16

Dbean16

Lm301b or h are Samsung diodes. As far as I know they are the most efficient ones out there. All or most of the higher end fixtures have them but so do a lot of cheaper ones. Spider farmer and viperspectra on the cheaper side and hlg on the upper end.
Ive been running kingbrite 240 watt boards from Alibaba.com for the last 3-4 years and really like them. Best bang for the buck and No issues at all.
Well I thank you for the feedback that’s some great info. At some point in the future I plan on replacing my 1k watt HPS for an LED fixture assuming I can achieve similar yields.

I did end up grabbing a used p600 Platinum LED fixture for only $150 so I think I came out on the better end of it. ($650 brand new if I’m not mistaken) I plan on using it for a veg/mother closet so I can keep my 5x5 flowering tent cranking year round.

67D7441E E0C5 4036 A121 C3FA05B77E0F
4EECA692 D614 4F43 91E1 B0CBB4699BB8
Top Bottom