PLAYHOUSE TURNED GROW HOUSE

• Thread starter Teddy918
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Teddy918

Teddy918

This shed is made of plywood that has been painted over I currently have electricity with six open power outlets. I recently boarded up the windows and am pondering a way to make the entire interior air-tight. I'm thinking as lining the inside with some sort of mylar or tarp like material preferably one that is reflective. Thoughts and opinions welcomed as I am a FIRST TIME GROWER! Dimensions are 7 feet wide by 5 feet long and 77 inches at the peak or tallest point.

Playhouse turned grow house
Playhouse turned grow house 2
Playhouse turned grow house 3
Playhouse turned grow house 4
Playhouse turned grow house 5
Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

youll need to clean it, and panda poly it

also you are going to want to check what its on for breaker, and what size wire is running to those sockets

also sealing it probably isnt an option, youll need an exhaust fan for heat

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bonky makes a good point about the wiring. Setting that up I'd want minimum 40 amps at 240v goin into a sub panel in there, but 60 would be better. Looks like fun. I'd wall in the front porch to make a lobby entrance, that way the neighbors wont think they saw a nuke flash go off in your backyard every time you open the door. Otherwise maybe run tents in there.

In the main room I'd hang a 6" exhaust and filter in the peak and 2 x 600w HPS lamps, one on either side midway down the roof slope. I'd go hps because you can get them fairly close to the plants being so height restricted.

Intake air... That's a challenge in a shed. If your ductwork is inside and you dont have a lung room, the cold air in it will cause mad condensation to drip from the ducting. I chose to keep my Intake filter and ducting outside the shed, and put a backdraft preventer on it then mounted it flush to the inside wall. That way there is no interior ducting to drip from.

You dont want to go airtight sealed on a grow that size imho, dehumidifyers and AC and Co2 sniffers and regs and tanks and everything else would cost more than its worth for that scale I think.
A 6" inline fan plugged into an inkbird itc-308 temp controller will keep the temp. A small 40-60 pint dehu and medium room humidifier hooked up to an inkbird humidistat... off to the races.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This shed is made of plywood that has been painted over I currently have electricity with six open power outlets. I recently boarded up the windows and am pondering a way to make the entire interior air-tight. I'm thinking as lining the inside with some sort of mylar or tarp like material preferably one that is reflective. Thoughts and opinions welcomed as I am a FIRST TIME GROWER! Dimensions are 7 feet wide by 5 feet long and 77 inches at the peak or tallest point.
Lookin good teddy, tuff shed looks good!!
Sure you ain’t grown in your play house before??
565CFC08 FE86 452A 84C4 36CC181B573B

Teddy918

Teddy918

Dirtbag I tend to agree with your outlook on not going 100% air tight. My budget ideally would be to spend $500 or less but I am willing to spend up to $1000. Where would you recommend I get all of the previously mentioned parts (exhaust fan, temp regulator, humidifiers, pH balance or reader). Again, I am a first time grower but have the legal right to grow up to 6 full mature plants. Do you think I should do a 6 plant soil grow? Thank you for your response and feedback as it is much needed and appreciated. TEDDY918

Teddy918

Teddy918

Lookin good teddy, tuff shed looks good!!
Sure you ain’t grown in your play house before??
View attachment 899363
Diesel1 no I have never grown inside the playhouse before lol. I am, however, looking forward to growing now! I have seen lots of videos and have physically seen a handful of indoor grows. Do you have any personal opinions or feedback you would like to give in regards to my shed grow?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Diesel1 no I have never grown inside the playhouse before lol. I am, however, looking forward to growing now! I have seen lots of videos and have physically seen a handful of indoor grows. Do you have any personal opinions or feedback you would like to give in regards to my shed grow?
Looking good!! seriously though vacuum that carpet!

Top Bottom