Please any Advice???

• Thread starter ECCultivatin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ECCultivatin

Okay first off thanks to whoever reads this and responds. I need some help with my plants, here’s the run down.

•white widow just started week 7 nutes today
•RDWC CURRENT CULTURE with Rockwool cubes in grow stones
•Using current cultures nutrients in RO water with a water chiller followed by their schedule posted below
•pH is always between 5.7-6.2
•ppms vary per week never over 650
• (2) 1200w viparspectras LED
• 3 circulating fans, 1 fan bringing in AC from house, 1 carbon filter and 1 inline fan bringing air in
•temps range between 68-78
•humidity 50-60%

My problem as I can see is a mag deficiency, potassium and could even be some calcium. I’ve given it more cococal which I believe is current cultures version of calmag? Haven’t seen much difference I’ve seen some new pistils finally. But what do I do with these leaves? Should I removed affected leaves at the main branch this late into flower? Also I’m trying to figure out why this happened this all just came about 2 weeks ago before that was smooth sailing. I think maybe salt build up? I see some residue on the sides of my buckets. I’ve read that I should be adding RO water to my reservoir every few days due to the plants uptake in nutrients to balance it. I’ve never done this before. Also I just added an air pump to my reservoir. Next will be a separate water chiller.

I have (6) qb96Elites with (3) HLG-320H-54A drivers ready to go for next run. I’ll have the drivers out of my grow tent so I won’t have the fluctuations in heat/humidity. That is besides the point.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Want to hopefully have a good remaining rest of the grow.

Please any advice
Please any advice 2
Please any advice 3
Please any advice 4
Please any advice 5
Please any advice 6
Please any advice 7
Please any advice 8
Please any advice 9
Please any advice 10
Please any advice 11
Ph 007

Ph 007

Not 100% here, but looks like over feed to me Burnt leaf tips, dark green wazy leaves,,

Cut your feed strength in half for few days see what happens,
^This is what I would try first if I was you

And if your using pk boost that can be strong and burn plants

Ph 007

Ph 007

This us handy
So you think I’m overfeeding though not a deficiency??
do you have a nutrient metre to know the strength your feeding at? That will help,

They don't look under fed so dropped the feed strength want hurt and half the pk for few days see what happens week 7 flower ? Don't remove leaves this late

E

ECCultivatin

Yes I have all blue lab monitoring equipment and hand held monitors. I don’t believe I’m over feeding. You might be getting somewhere with the booster. But my ppms still have never been over 650 at any point.

visajoe1

visajoe1

definitely overfed. @Aquaman is hydro expert here, he may be able to help you save what you can. beautiful roots though! nice job there.
what ec are you feeding? ph?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Are you measuring the water p.h and e.c strength in the root resovor?

Or are you just checking the pH and e.c of what you mixing up and chucking in ?

If you only on 650ppm that seem low to be burning them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In going to guess they are drinking a fair bit right now. Week 7 you say?

Everything sounds on point. I would ditch the pk boost at this point and start some epsom salt plants like the mag and sulfur is good to help with terp production. I had the s and issue with my pk boost a while back. I use mega crop which has a fair bit of K in it. I use monopotassium phosphate as a pk boast but I would say your issue is similar use maybe 1/4 next time.

So res change with your nutes and add some epsom salt. Try with a starting ppm of 500 and see where that takes you after a few days

Off to all you can eat ribs now 👍

Ph 007

Ph 007

My bad,
650 ppm is like 1.3 e.c I think so thats quite high of am I working this out wrong?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Depends on the ppm scale but I run as high as 1000ppm in flower. My last 2-3 weeks I drop it depending how the plants look. Last week 300ppm. His plants are a bit dark so I would cut about 20% of the feed and see. He will need a complete res change to cut out the pk boost

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you only on 650ppm that seem low to be burning them
Yeah it does... Call

E

ECCultivatin

I appreciate the info. I just changed my nutes this morning :(. I will do it again first thing in the morning.

Also I have a blue lab wall monitor on my epicenter with is what the actual pH and PPMs are of my plants (root reservoir) and then I check my water reservoir frequently that feeds my epicenter with blue lab hand held monitors. Yes I’ve never been over 650ppm (500 scale) in my buckets.

@Aqua Man how much Epsom salt per gallon? Kind of makes sense I didn’t have this issue before i started using my bud booster. Also any insight on why is this happening at only 650 ppm? Also what does mega crop replace on my end? Bloom A and B?

Last edited:
HomeGrown209

HomeGrown209

Give this website a stab and see if you can find their solution. It’s helped me in many ways bud! Good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I appreciate the info. I just changed my nutes this morning :(. I will do it again first thing in the morning.

Also I have a blue lab wall monitor on my epicenter with is what the actual pH and PPMs are of my plants (root reservoir) and then I check my water reservoir frequently that feeds my epicenter with blue lab hand held monitors. Yes I’ve never been over 650ppm (500 scale) in my buckets.

@Aqua Man how much Epsom salt per gallon? Kind of makes sense I didn’t have this issue before i started using my bud booster. Also any insight on why is this happening at only 650 ppm? Also what does mega crop replace on my end? Bloom A and B?
How much is your ppm changing daily?

I use 1tsp per 5gal. Yeah mega crop would replace a and b. It's a base nutrient. The reason you have an a and b is because they cannot mix concentrates without some nutrients precipitating out. With a dry fert like mega crop this is not an issue. I prefer dry ferts for this reason you most often get more sources of each nutrient.

It also contains a lot of aminos and silica etc. I just find its good all around. I have the first version so supplementing mag sulfate is kind of a must. The new version I heard is good start to finish with no needed additives. Although I would likely toss a small amount of pk in flower and still add mag sulfate for the last couple weeks. I can't say for sure but I'm guessing on the new version. It does provide a little organics that is good for beneficial bacteria since I run a live system I think that's important. But not enough to cause issues in hydro IME.

Latest posts

Top Bottom