Please Do Your Homework

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

You just kind of have to take the good with the bad till those stickies get straightened out.

The very fist one should be a "START HERE: Beginners Guide to Growing Marijuana and Not Pissing off @Joe Fresh and the Freshie Bunch."

Get it broken down, catagorized, and linked up. I've been able to find awesome stuff here but some of it I've had to hunt, hunt, hunt for it.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I think this is why the best growers are the ones who are passionate about what they do. I'm not an expert by any means, but I love what I do, I love learning more about growing, and I do my best to research before I grow. I think a lot of people jump in assuming you toss a seed in the ground outside, wait a few months and profit. Especially after legalization has come around, there have been a lot of people trying to get their legal grows off the ground simply because they think they'll become overnight millionaires with little to no work. That's what I love about this community; I'm surrounded by growers far more experienced than myself and I love being able to bounce ideas/questions off of you guys. I can't think of a single time I've jumped onto the forum and left without some kind of inspiration.

Hell... even my bathroom reading material consists of grow books. I've spent the last couple years inactive (mainly due to working abroad & inability to have a secure growing environment), and I cannot wait to jump back into growing in the coming months. Watching you guys grow has kept me sane during the downtime.

Cheers all

G gnome

G gnome

Before the forums and fellow growers I lived for this book along with high times mags lol..had the black and white froms decades ago but my buddy got me the color one a few years back for Xmas after I lent him my old ratty one haha..any noobs should get something like this :D..it doesn't cover everything but all the basics for sureView attachment 496675
yes yes and yes. Just recommended that to a dude on here today

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Somebody with "40 yrs experience"

me (one year experience) "how much coco is in your mix"

them "What's coco? I just use that white compressed bag that looks like sunshine"

me "promix?"

Them "yeah that stuff"

Hmm maybe we should change this to "growers who don't do their homework"

C

CannabisGal

First I'd like to say thanks to @sixstring for the props. It's funny cuz that's not what that thread was supposed to be for and if u read from the start it's not entirely like that but as of late it's kind of morphed into that. Any way they are quite a few posts that I agree with here and some at shamus thread. I don't mind because my thread is about whatever literally. Lol. I just don't want us all to loose sight that at some point we were all news and asked a lot of the sake questions. If people didn't help me in the beginning I would've been screwed. The more growers we have helps the culture as a whole. Every grow effects someone outside the culture in some way that pushes the culture forward. A lot of growers here can truly grow their ass off and I have a ton of respect for all of u. But even the best here like @waayne and @Andy Genesis @Seamaiden ect help people all the time. We should never turn our nose up cuz we know how to grow. Sometimes it gets a little crazy I agree but it's very easy to point someone in the right direction. We shouldn't turn people off. Just my 2 cents. Respect and good vibes to all.
Tnelz...I could not have said it better. I grew outside a long time ago. Inside is all new..well been doing it for 7 years now but different. I have Jorges Basic Grow and G. Greens bible and studied them before starting but my good friend helped me get going. Without him I would have taken a lot longer to be successful. I think we all have someone else to thank whether it be a forum or a friend. I never turned back after I started growing. Being a very consistent toker is a BIG incentive but you must also love the grow experience also. Lots of work but so rewarding and enjoyable!!!!! LOVE both the work and the reward.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Yes we were all new once i'm new to indoor . However ive spent weeks reading through here some books and other sites before i started asking questions . The problem is when a new farmer wants all the answers now off everyone elses efforts . So say instead of asking how do i fix theses yellow leaves , they can say ive read that this is a nitrogen deficiency what do you guys think . No one minds helping or holding some ones hand thats prepared to put in 95% effort them selves . Cause this is thcfarmer not grow probelms r us dot com .

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
View attachment 496043 View attachment 496038I was gifted this here how to video...I know the owner and I felt ripped off getting it for free let alone if I had payed $40 for it.:)

"Why read?".... It says on the 1st video. What a ignant thing to put on the cover of your product. Reading, seeing and involving are keys to learning and execution.

I would implore reading about botany, horticulture and this plant we all love here.

R

Rollin4rese

First I'd like to say thanks to @sixstring for the props. It's funny cuz that's not what that thread was supposed to be for and if u read from the start it's not entirely like that but as of late it's kind of morphed into that. Any way they are quite a few posts that I agree with here and some at shamus thread. I don't mind because my thread is about whatever literally. Lol. I just don't want us all to loose sight that at some point we were all news and asked a lot of the sake questions. If people didn't help me in the beginning I would've been screwed. The more growers we have helps the culture as a whole. Every grow effects someone outside the culture in some way that pushes the culture forward. A lot of growers here can truly grow their ass off and I have a ton of respect for all of u. But even the best here like @waayne and @Andy Genesis @Seamaiden ect help people all the time. We should never turn our nose up cuz we know how to grow. Sometimes it gets a little crazy I agree but it's very easy to point someone in the right direction. We shouldn't turn people off. Just my 2 cents. Respect and good vibes to all.
Need more veterans who see it like you. I was introduced to this culture a couple years before I started growing, and was close to giving up at first, but loved the whole energy that came with it so much I just couldn't. About 6 seven years later I find myself feeling like I still don't know squat. So I ask question as much as I can on top of doing my own research.Just because I feel you can't know and understand enough and also because I have read read some misleading info that asking questions cleared up for me. Alot of what I know I learned from trial and error because I was unaware of any of these forums and had no one to turn to but a grow store owner who wanted to make a buck. So on behalf of us who I still trying to find are way on this beautiful path. Thanks to all those who have more experience then we do, wh are willing to share a lil info here and there. You'll never know it all because there's somebodynwho knows what you don't, and this is a constantly developing situation.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
lol right on sea....they put up multiple threads because they did not like the answers they got in the first one, so they are hoping with a new thread ppl will give different answers....

Definition-Of-An-Askhole-300x210.jpg

we have too many of these already
My son does that shit all the time. Ask's for advice, then challenges me to back up my advice of course which I do and then he does just what the fuck he wants anyway and when shit gets screwed up, its like hey why do you even ask for advice if you aint gonna follow it. Drives me up a wall!!!!

Top Bottom