Please help! 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression.

• Thread starter Hallucinati
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hallucinati

Hallucinati

I am losing my mind! I am in week 4 under hps. It was thriving until i fed it advanced nutes 3 part. This is like 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression. I have checked the soil run-off after i watered and it was terribly low on the ph. Like 4 or 5. But i immediately started flushing with ph up and the run-off will not come up for anything. These leaves started from the older lower fans and have now moved up the plant and are starting to come up the colas! Upon research i have found that almost everything from ph, to nute deficiency, to manganese, to magnesium, to overwatering to leaf fungus to....etc. It seems that almost EVERYTHING has THESE SYMPTOMS! I am running out of good green foliage to photosynthesize with!
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 2
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 3
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 4
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 5
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 6
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 7
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 8
Please help 10 or 11 days of yellow leaf progression 9

HiDaze

HiDaze

Flush with no additives. Give it 3 or 4 days to settle. Check soil ph and reintroduce nutes very slowly. Confirm your water ph is correct before and after adding nutes.

6.3 - 6.8 ph for soil

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
With your Ph that low, you are going to have a lot of issues, mostly from nutrient lockout, which you seem to be discovering. Make sure that your Ph meter is working correctly as the 1st step. Most nutrients are acidic, so adding more than normal could lower Ph excessively. What type of medium are you using. I use Promix, which has Ph buffers built into it to prevent acidic conditions. If your Ph is as low as you say, I would keep hitting it with Ph up... or wood ashes work well and provide nutrients. I prefer to mix them in the soil, but a top dressing or even mixed with water might help.

Hallucinati

Hallucinati

With your Ph that low, you are going to have a lot of issues, mostly from nutrient lockout, which you seem to be discovering. Make sure that your Ph meter is working correctly as the 1st step. Most nutrients are acidic, so adding more than normal could lower Ph excessively. What type of medium are you using. I use Promix, which has Ph buffers built into it to prevent acidic conditions. If your Ph is as low as you say, I would keep hitting it with Ph up... or wood ashes work well and provide nutrients. I prefer to mix them in the soil, but a top dressing or even mixed with water might help.
I have the vivosun cheap meter but i also have the drops. The meter says the soil is "getting" better but is still not quite in good range. But i am measuring the runoff water and it is not changing at all it seems. I gave it 3 days of ph up plain water flush, but the yellow leaves are still multiplying.

Hallucinati

Hallucinati

Flush with no additives. Give it 3 or 4 days to settle. Check soil ph and reintroduce nutes very slowly. Confirm your water ph is correct before and after adding nutes.

6.3 - 6.8 ph for soil
I have flushed it for 2 days in a row with plain water but a little alkaline to try to reverse the acidity. The soil meter (the cheap vivosun one) says the soil is getting better, but the runoff water i am testing with the drops that come with ph up and ph down and it is still very acidic. I just gave it light nutes today because im freaking out watching this once gorgeous thriving plant get iller and iller.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Once a leaf begins to turn yellow, even if you can't really tell yet, it seldom recovers and the yellowing can happen from something that happened a few weeks ago. As long as your new growth looks good, that is a good sign. Generally, yellowing fan leaves progressing from bottom to top is indicative of a nitrogen deficiency, but make sure your Ph is corrected before adding any other remedies. Your meter might be part of the problem as well as it can't be calibrated and a lot of factors can cause false readings using a meter like this. I would try to get a slurry test, which simply uses dirt and water to determine Ph... is this the drops you are speaking of?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ph up can help the water, but if the root zone still has problems, then you need to get into them to fix the problem. Crushed TUMS, the antacid folks take for heartburn, can help to keep your Ph buffered, as can wood ashes and a few other products. I'm not sure how much of a flush you gave them, but I would run a few gallons of sllightly alkaline water thru it and then give a light feeding to replace nutrients that were flushed out. Any idea what caused your Ph to get so low in the first place?

Hallucinati

Hallucinati

Ph up can help the water, but if the root zone still has problems, then you need to get into them to fix the problem. Crushed TUMS, the antacid folks take for heartburn, can help to keep your Ph buffered, as can wood ashes and a few other products. I'm not sure how much of a flush you gave them, but I would run a few gallons of sllightly alkaline water thru it and then give a light feeding to replace nutrients that were flushed out. Any idea what caused your Ph to get so low in the first place?
That is exactly what i did. I flushed it with plain water and made it slightly alkaline for 2 days. Probably ran 3 gallons maybe 4 through it. The meter is a ballpark i know but it seems to be correct. What i did differently was give it advanced nutrients micro grow bloom 3 part. I checked the soil a few hrs later and it was way over in the acid zone! Before that, the plant was fine and the meter said the soil was right between 6 and 7. It just started getting the yellow bottom leaves with a day or two. And now it is creeping upward. Every branch has them except one (which is weird) and that one has the biggest cola on it. I trained it with pinching and stopped when it had 32 tops. It has 26 now cuz i snipped the ones that were too wimpy. And by new growth, do you mean the very tips of the buds? The tips are all still green but the leaves below are getting more and more affected. I cant get a good color pic of it because of the hps light, but i will try.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Bluelab Grow Book English 13

You have calcium deficiency, as you see from the photo I posted the more acidic your soil/media gets the more locked out calcium and magnesium get, no matter how much you technically add!

Flushing with ph up is only a short term solution (if it actually even works to begin with)

You just have to flush with plain tap water until the ph regulates, then you can feed with your normal feed.

Also no offense but that soil meter is shit! Unless you are in a pinch for $$$ get a proper water ph and ppm meter!

You can still test the soil ph from the run off water that comes out of your plant when you water your plant.

Do you mine telling me what media you are using? (Coco, peat, dirt)

Hallucinati

Hallucinati

View attachment 939277

You have calcium deficiency, as you see from the photo I posted the more acidic your soil/media gets the more locked out calcium and magnesium get, no matter how much you technically add!

Flushing with ph up is only a short term solution (if it actually even works to begin with)

You just have to flush with plain tap water until the ph regulates, then you can feed with your normal feed.

Also no offense but that soil meter is shit! Unless you are in a pinch for $$$ get a proper water ph and ppm meter!

You can still test the soil ph from the run off water that comes out of your plant when you water your plant.

I am using soil. And yeah im about done with el cheapo. I'll get a good one asap. So should i keep flushing until the runoff is neutral? Even if it takes a day or two? Ive been flushing, checking the runoff, then shop-vac-ing the water out of the tray until it doesnt run anymore, then flushing again. I only ph upped the water because it was a little low right from the tap. So i was upping it to just a little alkaline, thinking that would help. Are you saying i should not adjust tap water and just keep flushing? I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES because i really want to stabilize asap to try to save the yeild. Ive got 26 2-inch buds growing but they've really slowed down. I'm attaching a few pics i just took under regular light when my hps turned off.

20200209 191234
20200209 191221
20200209 191216
20200209 191037
20200209 191022
20200209 191006
TimeLine

TimeLine

View attachment 939277

what do you suggest for a proper ph and ppm meter?

THCMonster

THCMonster

You want to keep flushing but in soil you cant do it multiple days in a row, you just have to flush non stop until neutralizes then feed in some cal mag on the last flush. But you want your soil around 6.5, so if its getting up to 7 your going to far with the flush, but you need to add cal mag to completely correct the issue, the calcium in the soil is most likely depleted by now, plus your flowers are going to use more and more as they get bigger!

THCMonster

THCMonster

If you happen to get a ph pen and ppm pen i can help you to read your run off and test your soil that way! That is by far the most accurate way!

Hallucinati

Hallucinati

Ph pen and ppm meter should be here today. BUT: is this fucking MOLD!!?

20200213 123829
20200213 123510
20200213 123548
20200213 123902
Top Bottom