Please Help A Noob.

• Thread starter Dieselpower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dieselpower

Hello everyone!

First time grow here!

Looks as though my leaves look a bit funny. They're curling down quite bad. I have had a look around the various forums and from what I gather, it's probably somthing to do with nitrogen. I though it'd be better if I posted a picture and let some experts see before I try and fix anythjng myself.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Soil: generic compost
Light: 300w dual spectrum cfl & 100w dual spectrum led
Strain: Northern lights automatic
Nutes: 1ml of 4-3-6 per 1l of water
Soil ph: ~6.5
Temp: ~25degC
Watered when first half inch of soil is dry

Please help a noob
W

Wonka1356

I'm no expert here but judging by the soil and you only went a half inch down I would say overwatering you want to check like an 1 1/2" to 2" and definitely would recommend extra perlite to increase drainage that looks relatively thick.

D

Dieselpower

Thanks for your reply.

Shit. I've only gone and flushed it. If it wasn't over watered it totally is now! I'd better lay right off the H2O. What do we think. Will it recover? I really hope so.

W

Wonka1356

Like I said not an expert but definitely would wait until your top two inches are dry before you water again. Yea they should be fine if you start wait for those top 2 inches to dry out or go by weight when they feel light is really the best way.

D

Dieselpower

Thanks for the advice buddy! I'll hold off on the water for a bit and then start again slow. Fingers crossed.

Peace

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah, should recover fine. Might be slow growing for a bit. You can try setting a fan to gently blow down on the soil to help dry it out, but that plants pretty small and you may do more harm than good if it gets blown around too much.

Dan789

Dan789

Here's my method; push your finger into the soil up to your last knuckle before your hand, if the end of your finger feels cool, don't water. If soil stickers to your finger tip when removing it, don't water.

D

Dieselpower

Here's an update!

She's now 4 weeks old and I think she looks a bit better now.

What do you guys think? Am I on the right track?

20170314 134131
soserthc1

soserthc1

The new growth appears better, so I think she'll be fine
Light above plant would work better especially on a non photo period plant. You always wanna grow in good aerated soil mixed with compost

Junk

Junk

Here's an update!

She's now 4 weeks old and I think she looks a bit better now.

What do you guys think? Am I on the right track?

Soser is in da house!

Op, yes, you look ok. It looks they would like an extra degree or two. 25 is often said to be ideal. But you need to look at the plants to see what they like. Plus, you don't know how accurate the hygro is. It might say 25, but really be 24, no what I mean? So, with any new strain, I mess with the temps...I've had some that want to be at 79f according to my hygro.

I also just pick the plants up to see if they need water. There isn't really a need to go poking your fingers around in there. Just pick the pot up (pun intended) and you will know.

Also, was that from seed? Or a cut? It almost looks like a reveg.

D

Dieselpower

Thanks for the replies.
The Led panel is just there to give light from the side. There is a 300w dual spectrum cfl above. The ambient temp in there is 25degC at its lowest. Humidity sits at around 36% with a humidifier.

Also it was from seed..

Thanks again for your replies!

:)

Junk

Junk

By the way..

What makes you say that it looks like a reveg?
When a plant is put into flower, (12/12 lighting) it goes into flower mode.

If you take that plant and put it back to 18/6, it will return to veg mode. But when you do, the leaves will get all funky. Here is one of mine (some people reveg on purpose, which is what I do occasionally)
20150709 115828

I'm not saying it is a reveg (not there is anything wrong with that) but the leaves have that "torqued" look to them. Some people use reveg to monster crop (look it up if you've never heard of it).

Some people use it to regenerate a plant that has already been harvested like this one (also one of mine)
20150703 110921

The roots are already established, so the plant can grow faster. However, at this point, it takes the plant quite a while to switch back to veg mode. I've tried it every which way, and imo, it's not really worth it.

Sometimes it happens just by accident. Or you will realize you accidentally put everything into flower w/out keeping a cut.

So, if it is a re-veg, intentionally or otherwise, no worries. I was just saying the leaves are looking like that. But some plants just have strange leaves.

Junk

Junk

I forgot to answer a couple.

The ambient temp in there is 25degC at its lowest.
Check on the plants at different temps to see how they look. The leafs should be splayed out flat and sturdy to catch as much light as possible. You can read almost everything about a plant through it's leaves. These are happy with it's environment. See how the leaves are splayed out flat and facing the light. You can see the one in the top left corner that is more of a 45* angle....that's the plant holding the leaves to get the most light. It only happens when the plant is super happy. So eventually, you want your leaves to behave like this. If they aren't, the environment isn't right, or it may just be a poor pheno. These leaves are larger than my hand.
20160121 113442

Humidity sits at around 36% with a humidifier.
That's very low. For veg, you want to be 55-65-ish. Sometimes I'm 70+, it all depends on what the plant wants. Again, you have to learn to read the plants. But 36% at 77F is extremely low. That's what you want at the end of a run, not during veg.
Also it was from seed..
Depending on the development of the strain, and how long it's been refined, you will sometimes get plants from seed that have weird leaves. Just wait for the new growth to judge.

But if it's really 36%, it's way to dry in there.

D

Dieselpower

Ok guys. I've taken in what you have said. I've bought a new humidifier and it's ~75% in there now. I've just noticed some of the newer leaves and some of the old leaves have developed brown spots and are yellowing. Cal/mag deficiency? What do people think. I'll get a close up picture later. I do have backup plants but I really want to pull this one through too!

Thasks peeps!

Junk

Junk

Ok guys. I've taken in what you have said. I've bought a new humidifier and it's ~75% in there now. I've just noticed some of the newer leaves and some of the old leaves have developed brown spots and are yellowing. Cal/mag deficiency? What do people think. I'll get a close up picture later. I do have backup plants but I really want to pull this one through too!

Thasks peeps!
Between 60-70 is common during veg, and just watch the plants reactions, which will happen in a few hours. 75 might be good in your space. Just letting you know it's borderline high. Our measurements devices may not be calibrated the same, but I'm usually between 60 and 68.

Is it possible that was a reveg?

For the spots, we need pics.

Top Bottom