Please help! All my clones in my bubbler getting white slime.

• Thread starter Aredrik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aredrik

I am about at my ropes end with this damn bubbler project.
I made the bubbler with instruction on this and other sites.I have the stems submerged since I dont believe the bubble wands Im using make enough splash to even get the stem s wet.I have put an anti algae medicine safe for plants and fish in the water as well as superthrive and h202 in the proper percentage.But still I keep getting this white slime on my stems as well as on the tubing,heater cord,etc.What is it? And how can I fix it? Please help..if these clones fail,I will lose some strains that I cant replace.Should I take them out and transplant them into soil...at least with that method I usually get at 30 % succes..pffft.Someone ..Anyone ..HELP!!!!!

G

GroHi

lol... personally feel taking cuttings is one of those voodoo magic things... I've got my sacrificial rituals that usually involves running around the moon fully naked while chanting... seems to work for me. Simultaneously, can't get a bubbler to work to save my life, go figure...

I get great results just using starter cubes (not tooooo wet nor watered tooooo often) w no humidome & low light levels & lower temps. Sterilize everything. Sorry, the best I can offer as this is one of those things you have to dial in... works differently for each person/garden. Peace.

P

Park

whats the temperature of the water in your bubbler and how long has it been in there.

i agree with GroHi and only soak my rockwool cubes for an hour, better still use rapid rooters.

maybe the fish medicine gave them ich?

with the stems submerged the cuttings don't need to grow roots to find water. when the stems are too wet they take for ever to root or they eventually just rot.
your rooting medium must not have the cutting sitting in water or be overly wet. you want to force the plant to grow roots to survive.
these guys you hear about getting clones rooted in 7 days are doing it because they got that magic touch of not dry and not wet rooting medium.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I use a hydro cloner and use plane water,dip cuttings in clonex rooting gel.In 7-10 days there big root balls on them.Not much else it needed.Make sure you air stones and lines aren`t plugged.

I

inreplyavalon

well a few more things can help. Water temperature is best between 75-80 in my aero cloner. Any hotter and they may rot.
I also keep my fluoro a good 5-6 inches from the tops of the cuts.
I tried with coco, rapid rooters and soil and then went back to my aero cloner and when i learned to keep the temp right and added clonex cloning solution, ended up with about 95% in 10-12 days.
Check your water and definitely dont have the stem completely submerged unless you have enough airstones to make that look like a Jacuzzi.

M

Michael_Eaton

Your stems are submerged!!?? Thats the #1 problem right there...

I've never heard or seen of this white residue you're describing but if you've got you're stems sitting in water they will NEVER root...

BTW - rw cubes and rapid rooters have always worked better for me...

And I know people hate on the domes... BUT... I have always used them - The vents stay closed for the first 3 days to promote 100% rh - then I open them half way for a few days - All the way open at 1 week - And I personally have my ladies rooted in 7-10 days... Best of all - NO SPRAYING - If you keep temperature in check and low light levels, then cracking open those vents is the only maintenance my clones need...

Good Luck bro.

M

Michael_Eaton

100% success rate for years - I'm sure well over 1000 clones...

R

Rolln J

vita grow anti wilt - fuck cloners, domes, baggies or 2 liter bottles - dip your shit in this and its sealed until the plant starts to grow - simple, low maintenance and the best part: it works!

take cuts, cut clean 45 degree angle, fork the stem and scrape it on 2 sides - dip in whatever cloning solution you prefer and the dip the cut in the anti-wilt - put it in your presoaked cubes (plain water) and place about a foot under your fluorescent light. if the next day some of them are droopy simply make a crutch out of green tie wire and prop them up towards the light.

I have done 2-300 at a time like this and maybe lose 5. seedling mats help root them faster or maybe a must if your temps are low in the mom/baby area.

H

HighTolerance

100% success rate for years - I'm sure well over 1000 clones...

Exactly what I do. Got great success with RW clonex and HUMIDITY dome just like Mike Eaton.

First time ever took 10 clones in 12 days they had nice thick hairy milky white roots stickin out.

I was however going to try a lil bubble cloner but after reading this i am even more curious.

H

HighTolerance

vita grow anti wilt - fuck cloners, domes, baggies or 2 liter bottles - dip your shit in this and its sealed until the plant starts to grow - simple, low maintenance and the best part: it works!

take cuts, cut clean 45 degree angle, fork the stem and scrape it on 2 sides - dip in whatever cloning solution you prefer and the dip the cut in the anti-wilt - put it in your presoaked cubes (plain water) and place about a foot under your fluorescent light. if the next day some of them are droopy simply make a crutch out of green tie wire and prop them up towards the light.

I have done 2-300 at a time like this and maybe lose 5. seedling mats help root them faster or maybe a must if your temps are low in the mom/baby area.

never heard of vitagrow. do your clones root faster when using vitagrow or does it only help with wilting. For some reason most of mine dont even wilt, if some do it is only for a few hours.

R

Rolln J

I dont think it makes them clone any faster - except that they prolly stress less - but still takes 7-14 days depending on the strain.

S

smoke1sun

I am about at my ropes end with this damn bubbler project.
I made the bubbler with instruction on this and other sites.I have the stems submerged since I dont believe the bubble wands Im using make enough splash to even get the stem s wet.I have put an anti algae medicine safe for plants and fish in the water as well as superthrive and h202 in the proper percentage.But still I keep getting this white slime on my stems as well as on the tubing,heater cord,etc.What is it? And how can I fix it? Please help..if these clones fail,I will lose some strains that I cant replace.Should I take them out and transplant them into soil...at least with that method I usually get at 30 % succes..pffft.Someone ..Anyone ..HELP!!!!!

I'm no pro at cloning, but the one thing i have learned about it is to take it in steps, and dont be to bull headed to use a different method.

With that said, i never get my bubbler to work. I dont know why. Just never happend for me. I was growing in mediumless SWC. So What i would do is take twice as many cuts, and just work with what i got to root. Witch was very few. So then i changed my style of growing to coco. This was the easiest way for me to clone. It took a very long time but i was having a high success rate with coco cloning.

Then i built my self an aero-cloner. Did not do well with this at first, but it didnt matter cause i keep backup clones in coco (old faithful).

But with more research i found the number one problem with hydro cloning is water temps. So i started changing my water, every 3 days or so. (pain in the ass) but it increased my survival rate. Not quite 100% but high 80's. So then i tried hydrogaurd(now aqua sheild i think) and that stopped me from changing the water so often. And thats were im at now. Im bout in the high 80 low 90% range with my aero cloner, and got rid of my coco back up clones. The problem is it still takes to long.

My next round im gonna try an simple experiment in my aero-cloner. Im gonna make an earthworm cast tea, and add some to my areo cloner, and see if the beneficial bacteria from it can replace hydrogaurd, and combat the high temps. This idea was tested on another site and was found to be successful at slowing down slime also.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Damn Slimer...

I use my aero unit to start my cuts and I just leave them in the unit till harvest. I started 14 cuttings about a week ago and they look fine, only issue is the white slime. It looks like a big booger and was clogging my sprayer heads. I tryed to manually remove the slime and I unclogged my spray heads. I also use pump filter bags to help with the clogging. I don't know where the slime is coming from either. My res temps are like 22 C., all I added after cleaning the system with bleach/water mixture(then a flush of course) was clonex, H2o2, and Super Thrive. My pumps run 24/7 because I am waiting for my fixed timer that is on back order. :( Does anyone think that the slime is coming from the pumps being on all the time? You know like not enough O2 in the H20? I never used an air stone in the aero units prior to this, could that be a remedy? Has anyone ever added Neem oil to their res? Results?I hate cloning hiccups! Advise is appreciated

Latest posts

Top Bottom