PLEASE HELP. developing condition possibly??

• Thread starter Odins1985
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odins1985

Odins1985

hello, new to this forum, but thought i need to get some help over something thats developed these past 2 days...
ive got 3 Pineapple Express plants growing, theyve been doing great the whole time...indoor/outdoor, yeah,,, outdoor in sun when possible inside an outside sheltered area with supplemental lighting to get hours of light right.... everything hasbeen great, great growth, no problems, put them in flower sept1, the following condition started 2 days ago...
i noticed dark spots on the big fan leaves, almost purple/copper, it devolopes into a light brown, no curling or wilting, maybe a little wilt, but no curl, its not all the leaves, either.. its primarily on one plant , but signs of it on all 3..
wondering if its light burn from the sup.lighting? or nute burn or deficiency ? potassium or phosphorus? or both any help ? thoughts? thanks?
Please help developing condition possibly 2
Please help developing condition possibly 3

strider26554

strider26554

hello, new to this forum, but thought i need to get some help over something thats developed these past 2 days...
ive got 3 Pineapple Express plants growing, theyve been doing great the whole time...indoor/outdoor, yeah,,, outdoor in sun when possible inside an outside sheltered area with supplemental lighting to get hours of light right.... everything hasbeen great, great growth, no problems, put them in flower sept1, the following condition started 2 days ago...
i noticed dark spots on the big fan leaves, almost purple/copper, it devolopes into a light brown, no curling or wilting, maybe a little wilt, but no curl, its not all the leaves, either.. its primarily on one plant , but signs of it on all 3..
wondering if its light burn from the sup.lighting? or nute burn or deficiency ? potassium or phosphorus? or both any help ? thoughts? thanks? View attachment 1284915View attachment 1284917View attachment 1284921
What is your "supplemental" lighting setup? , t

strider26554

strider26554

wondering if its light burn from the sup.lighting? or nute burn or deficiency ? potassium or phosphorus? or both any help ? thoughts? thanks? View attachment 1284915View attachment 1284917View attachment 1284921
Also from my experience if your doing an indoor/outdoor setup like my own, your way more likely to experience light burn from the sun than from your indoor lighting setup, and ive noticed that plants become acclimated to weaker lighting rather quickly and that you may need to recondition them to being in full midday sun just as you would the first time you set them outside, after an extended stay indoors. too much will cause something close to what im seeing in your pics.

Odins1985

Odins1985

Also from my experience if your doing an indoor/outdoor setup like my own, your way more likely to experience light burn from the sun than from your indoor lighting setup, and ive noticed that plants become acclimated to weaker lighting rather quickly and that you may need to recondition them to being in full midday sun just as you would the first time you set them outside, after an extended stay indoors. too much will cause something close to what im seeing in your pics.
thank you for the reply, so quickly, the plants actually spend most of their time and have done so the whole grow out doors in direct sunlight, they only thing ive recently changed a few days into flower is adding another 500w halogen, so ive got 3 500 w halogens 18 inch away...for maybe 1 hour in the morning before the suns out and strong , and for maybe 30 min in evening before i turn lights out at 7pm, then pure darkness till 7 the next morning...

Odins1985

Odins1985

thank you for the reply, so quickly, the plants actually spend most of their time and have done so the whole grow out doors in direct sunlight, they only thing ive recently changed a few days into flower is adding another 500w halogen, so ive got 3 500 w halogens 18 inch away...for maybe 1 hour in the morning before the suns out and strong , and for maybe 30 min in evening before i turn lights out at 7pm, then pure darkness till 7 the next morning...
...also have 1 Baker Street plant growing, same setup, no showing any of the same condition starting?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know about the bronze leaves, but the leaf near the center of the third pic is showing light burn.

Odins1985

Odins1985

I don't know about the bronze leaves, but the leaf near the center of the third pic is showing light burn.
hmm...yeah...the only thing different, other than nute comp...is the extra 500w light...maybe ill keep it off, i somewhat suspected that, but i also just changed nutes and did an eggshell dose as well...although the eggshell doses throughout the grow never caused anything like that...nothing bad at all for that matter...
...so really only change, up'd the phos and potas, lowered nit... and added 500w light...

Odins1985

Odins1985

hmm...yeah...the only thing different, other than nute comp...is the extra 500w light...maybe ill keep it off, i somewhat suspected that, but i also just changed nutes and did an eggshell dose as well...although the eggshell doses throughout the grow never caused anything like that...nothing bad at all for that matter...
...so really only change, up'd the phos and potas, lowered nit... and added 500w light...
..other than that, theyre doing great...
20220923 130743
20220923 130748
20220923 130759

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey I know not for sure but I'll just throw this out there ....VPD......what are the conditions indoors? The plant may not be in the same conditions in both locations RH % and temp. then showing its dislike or adjustment.......Plants also don't like being moved around a lot and will revolt if you persist............Bring them in also invites the dreaded spider mites to thrive with no outdoor predators to keep their numbers down...look closely iff you keep them in for any length of time at all.

Odins1985

Odins1985

Hey I know not for sure but I'll just throw this out there ....VPD......what are the conditions indoors? The plant may not be in the same conditions in both locations RH % and temp. then showing its dislike or adjustment.......Plants also don't like being moved around a lot and will revolt if you persist............Bring them in also invites the dreaded spider mites to thrive with no outdoor predators to keep their numbers down...look closely iff you keep them in for any length of time at all.
they for sure like it outdoors more, and i do have them out for the majority, i mean, even the "indoor" is really just an open enclusure with a roof, something i can block all light at night in...so its still basically outdoors...certainly not inside my house, or even shed... so...im gunna cut the one light for now, see if it persists...dont wanna ruin the crop this far into flower..

Odins1985

Odins1985

they for sure like it outdoors more, and i do have them out for the majority, i mean, even the "indoor" is really just an open enclusure with a roof, something i can block all light at night in...so its still basically outdoors...certainly not inside my house, or even shed... so...im gunna cut the one light for now, see if it persists...dont wanna ruin the crop this far into flower..
...oh and.. its always into the same spot, outdoors, then back under shelter

Odins1985

Odins1985

...oh and.. its always into the same spot, outdoors, then back under shelter
i know they like it outdoor more, as on rainy days, or if its rained a few in a row, theyve stayed "inside" the whole time during those periods, they definitely come to life once placed outside after those periods...

Odins1985

Odins1985

i know they like it outdoor more, as on rainy days, or if its rained a few in a row, theyve stayed "inside" the whole time during those periods, they definitely come to life once placed outside after those periods...
...so this is my set up, only for filling in the gaps to get the full 12 hours of light, to the 12 of darkness...so an hour in the morning... 7am until around 8, when the sun is available on my yard, then back in around 6:45pm, with the lights turning off at 7pm, and everything is closed up for 7pm, so no photon at all creeps in there...
20220923 175114
20220923 175019

....so. i raised the lights a foot...but still may shut the top centre right light there...

TSD

TSD

Those aren't really grow lights, are they? Those shop lights can throw a lot of heat too can't they? They might be getting physically burned, like by the heat, not by too many watts... which is what growers mean by light burn. What's the environment like twmp.and humidifier wise?

Odins1985

Odins1985

Those aren't really grow lights, are they? Those shop lights can throw a lot of heat too can't they? They might be getting physically burned, like by the heat, not by too many watts... which is what growers mean by light burn. What's the environment like twmp.and humidifier wise?
..yeah...theyre drywall lights...ive used them for multiple grows...just take the UV lens out, monitor temp...im thinking the purple/bronze colour i was seeing isnt really coming thru on the photos the same way im seeing it.....ive never seen it before, but also i did add the extra lamp tho too... so maybe multiple issues ...ill keep posted...ill know tomorrow morning when i wake them up...
thanks... for alls the helps...

Odins1985

Odins1985

..yeah...theyre drywall lights...ive used them for multiple grows...just take the UV lens out, monitor temp...im thinking the purple/bronze colour i was seeing isnt really coming thru on the photos the same way im seeing it.....ive never seen it before, but also i did add the extra lamp tho too... so maybe multiple issues ...ill keep posted...ill know tomorrow morning when i wake them up...
thanks... for alls the helps...
woke em up this morning at 8 am, so they were in the shelter for an hour all couped up....opened up to discover the "condition" did no progress at all, no new spots or leaves effected...so as it stands, i must've let the plants grow too close to the lights...or pineapple express dont like those lights, ive never grown PE before, although i dunno if its real PE as any PE i find is all autoflower and they claim this isnt auto, it isnt, def photo, but still say its Pineapple Express...either way..its been a late, but fun grow....
...thanks for the help...ill still keep posted...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
woke em up this morning at 8 am, so they were in the shelter for an hour all couped up....opened up to discover the "condition" did no progress at all, no new spots or leaves effected...so as it stands, i must've let the plants grow too close to the lights...or pineapple express dont like those lights, ive never grown PE before, although i dunno if its real PE as any PE i find is all autoflower and they claim this isnt auto, it isnt, def photo, but still say its Pineapple Express...either way..its been a late, but fun grow....
...thanks for the help...ill still keep posted...
Hey, seeing your lighting I would think that's the odd man out in this. If everything is consistent and only the lighting has changed then it has to be the light. One way or the other those plants are stressing about something.....I'm not sure how those lights effect the growing as you say you've used them before but something is causing them to have issues and if its not the lights then you have the same garden trolls shittin in your plants at night as I do.....every now and then the little fkers sabotage a perfect growing plant for kicks it seems...😁

Odins1985

Odins1985

Hey, seeing your lighting I would think that's the odd man out in this. If everything is consistent and only the lighting has changed then it has to be the light. One way or the other those plants are stressing about something.....I'm not sure how those lights effect the growing as you say you've used them before but something is causing them to have issues and if its not the lights then you have the same garden trolls shittin in your plants at night as I do.....every now and then the little fkers sabotage a perfect growing plant for kicks it seems...😁
..yeah mosdef the lighting, the extra light and me being a tad lazy and not raising them up as the grow grows on...and not tensioning up the LST line...
...i was concerned about the weird colour...never seen that before, and ive ruined lots of crops before believe you me..never saw anything like that...
...so far so good for now, nothing has progressed ....no new developing problem spots...new growth everyday...so onward and upward i guess...

Odins1985

Odins1985

....still no progression...so conclusively 'twas light stress...alls well...
....its gunna be raining here for 3 days now tho...so they gunna be couped up in the shelter for a while...and only 3Celsius overnight wednesday...hopefully the indica genes in it keep it good...the sativa ain't gunna...

G

geemonty

....still no progression...so conclusively 'twas light stress...alls well...
....its gunna be raining here for 3 days now tho...so they gunna be couped up in the shelter for a while...and only 3Celsius overnight wednesday...hopefully the indica genes in it keep it good...the sativa ain't gunna...
So new growth not showing the same issue after raising light?

Latest posts

Top Bottom