Please help diagnose my leaf problem

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Worldwomble

Worldwomble

At first glance I thought this could be powdery mildew but on closer inspection could it be a leaf sucking insect? I can’t find any insects anywhere.
Please help diagnose my leaf problem
Please help diagnose my leaf problem 2
Please help diagnose my leaf problem 3

A

AJY

yeah. I have the EXACT same issue. I can't find insects anywhere either. I am using plant therapy to guard against several things. After seeing this reference to thrips I think I might just hit them a little harder with it. But I deftly have the exact same condition I think. I get it in one room and not another.

TempImagesCJygJ
A

AJY

Yes. The first place I look is on the underside. I can see zero sign of any kind of moving insect. I have had 15 power glasses on the underside of the leaf and see nothing. It was the same as the last crop. There was no sign of any insects. I did however start spraying the topside of the leaves with plant therapy and it seemed to have an effect on whatever was going on. Surprisingly. So maybe that was just me but it definitely seemed to help. I am not in the habit of spring the top side of my plants. thanks for responding btw

A

AJY

No. Nothing wipes off that I can tell. It is st. thru the leaf. from one side to the other side. I do not run a humidifier but the humidity is high ...I'm in grow stage so I wasn't thinking much about humidity at the moment. temps are high to...I am running LEDs so I keep the room at 84F. The Gelato seems to be doing WAY better a the the higher temps. I only use Lost Coast Plant Therapy...never had any issues with it to date. thanks. and.. not sure why my JPEGs UL at such low res.

TempImage9cajCA
TempImageA3zDGE
TempImagezsrMjG
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Whole plant picks ? Does any of it wipe off with your finger ? Hard to tell but insects or pm gotta be or something your spraying ? Do you run a humidifier?
This. I was gonna ask.......how old/developed are your plants and which leaves arevyou worried about.....then I see pictures of large, healthy looking plants....

Are you concerned about newer top leaves? Or are you plucking old bottom ones and concerted that they don't look super fresh and healthy?

Privided you have a magnifying glass, and are really searching for bugs, and you really don’t find any......under the leaves, stems, the soil.....under the pots, around the floor, under dead leaves.....

Once you rule out insects for sure, there might be some other issues, but if the whole plants look healthy and you're plucking older bottom leaves, they're not all going to be magazine quality. There's watering/splashing, nutrients residue, soil splash.......age.....

You might be just fine. ;)

A

AJY

Hey Harpua88. the plants are 3 to 4 weeks into the vegetative stage. they are very healthy and reasonably large as you said. I am more concerned with this taking over the entire plant as it did the last time I saw it. There is no doubt that most of this condition I am seeing is on the lower part of the plant for sure. As you say at the very bottom mostly but it's creeping up. I'm thinking you may be correct that I might be just fine. I don't like to wait around as you can imagine and find out when it's too late. I just know that I can't find any bugs anywhere. And this is the second time this condition has come onto my plants this time with a new strain. Appreciate the help

Moshmen

Moshmen

Plants looks healthy I would tend to agree that if no thrips are present u b fine but sure looks like pest from picks ! Good luck with the lost coast therapy

Anthem

Anthem

Anthem

Anthem

No. Nothing wipes off that I can tell. It is st. thru the leaf. from one side to the other side. I do not run a humidifier but the humidity is high ...I'm in grow stage so I wasn't thinking much about humidity at the moment. temps are high to...I am running LEDs so I keep the room at 84F. The Gelato seems to be doing WAY better a the the higher temps. I only use Lost Coast Plant Therapy...never had any issues with it to date. thanks. and.. not sure why my JPEGs UL at such low res.
your pictures do not show the effected areas in high enough resolution to determine the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom