Please help diagnose my leaf problem

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Every grow I've done outdoors has had thrips damage and I've never seen the bugs. They are super tiny but their presence is obvious from the leaf damage. Spider mites also cause spots like this.
Well sure.....outdoors. That's nearly unavoidable. I'm really surprised I got no bugs at all on my outdoor/tester plants this summer. But indoors.......and a good magnifying glass should be able to find any bug. I don't know if there are bugs that literally can't be seen with a strong magnifying glass....

I'm reading some things about viruses (really, viroids). A little scary, but these things can happen too. Large commercial grows, grows on or adjacent to farms, and farms mixed with hops might be causing or revealing problems that have been......brewing for a while....

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

they can be seen. They are about 1Millimeter long. Tan in color and hang out on top of the leaves in the valleys of the leaves. Spinosad is the best to kill IMO. Dow Conserve specifically.
yet he isnt seeing them and only the damage done. you are saying there is one species of thrips is the issue here i agree ive seen them without any magnification but my species might differ to his
''Currently around 6,500 species of thrips are known worldwide''

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey Harpua88. the plants are 3 to 4 weeks into the vegetative stage. they are very healthy and reasonably large as you said. I am more concerned with this taking over the entire plant as it did the last time I saw it. There is no doubt that most of this condition I am seeing is on the lower part of the plant for sure. As you say at the very bottom mostly but it's creeping up. I'm thinking you may be correct that I might be just fine. I don't like to wait around as you can imagine and find out when it's too late. I just know that I can't find any bugs anywhere. And this is the second time this condition has come onto my plants this time with a new strain. Appreciate the help
I mean......your temps might be a bit high... do you have pics of these last ones where you say it took over?

These look like heavy pure Indicas, I'm still reading, are they Autos? They're very dense. But if you're picking lower leaves that are a month old.......I don't want to dismiss itvand say "you're fine" if there truly is an issue. But I'd like to see if your getting nutrient water splash, which can burn a little, residue that dries out....check that part of things out.

Definitely try to get the temp down, check humidity (maybe a little hot and dry?). But i gotta tell ya......sometimes there really is no problem, it's just the way things are. These are living (and dying) plants, not plastic show pieces. ;)

Anthem

Anthem

yet he isnt seeing them and only the damage done. you are saying there is one species of thrips is the issue here i agree ive seen them without any magnification but my species might differ to his
I have seen them. If the op waited that long to post, well I will leave it at that. If you know what I mean.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Why add more sprays, more residues, more chemicals.........to solve a problem that may not exist to begin with?

Good magnifying glass, good, thorough search..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Dude seriously do you have any idea what the problem is with the first set of pictures? also do you know what Spinosad is ? take a look at it on the web and get back to the thread.
Bumped up the lites getting ready to flower - the biscotti really didn’t like it - rest and back off the lite.

B75457E2 A45A 4F5B B9E8 88E8F88EC580
EF0BF25E 3E07 4345 BC3E 1215FCA0FD3E
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Dude seriously do you have any idea what the problem is with the first set of pictures? also do you know what Spinosad is ? take a look at it on the web and get back to the thread.
Dude.......I don't know if or what problem he may or may not have. I am not diagnosing anything or telling him to do anything other than look deeper and consider all possibilities.

Anthem

Anthem

Dude.......I don't know if or what problem he may or may not have. I am not diagnosing anything or telling him to do anything other than look deeper and consider all possibilities.
That is not what you said, You stated CHEMICALS> Go look up Spinosad and see what it is before you call something a chemical please.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
That is not what you said, You stated CHEMICALS> Go look up Spinosad and see what it is before you call something a chemical please.
Oh, so you want to pick on that and split hairs on this particular product.....that may very well be all natural, organic, holistic.....

But not necessarily necessary.......dude. ;)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Spinosad 100% just in case - but fairly certain there are bugs present ! Seen or not -
If this stuff is good, helpful no matter what, that's great. I don't know this product, so if you say to use it, cool...... ;)

Anthem

Anthem

Oh, so you want to pick on that and split hairs on this particular product.....that may very well be all natural, organic, holistic.....

But not necessarily necessary.......dude. ;)
That is not splitting hairs. It is fact verses fiction. it would be a great idea for you to go out and get a load of thrips and put them on your plant and let them just hang out and see how your plant finishes. It is one plant right?

Moshmen

Moshmen

that one usually really lights extra PPFD
Mmm I may have just jammed it up to fast - they are nice looking plants with lights on and healthy leaves . Love the structure of one in particular!

Moshmen

Moshmen

If this stuff is good, helpful no matter what, that's great. I don't know this product, so if you say to use it, cool...... ;)
I only use when needed I’m in a very pest invested are almost tropical - I almost never totally pest free so u learn to manage and prevent as much as possible - but I personally don’t spray anything on my plants unless they need it ! But in this case the OP is unsure so gotta do something ? Spinosad would be my first weapons

Latest posts

Top Bottom