Please help diagnosing this problem! First time grower :)

• Thread starter floatingthruitall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

Hello all. First time growing, I'm about 1 month into flowering and I noticed yesterday these brown spots on one of the plants out of three that I am growing. My guesses are nutrient burn, cal-mag deficiency, or mites. I'm thinking it's either the nute burn or cal-mag mainly because I haven't seen much if any affect to the two plants in the same tent. I'm growing two blackberry kush and one mango kush. The coloration is only noticeable on the topmost growth. Should I stop using nutrients for awhile? I have some cal-mag arriving tonight. I have been alternating between water flush and nutrients based on the dakine 420 prescribed nutrient schedule. I also added some molasses to the most recent water flush. I guess it could also be a pH problem. Any advice greatly appreciated, also, do you think the buds with adjacent browning leaves will be salvageable? It's a shame too, because it was the most vigorous of the three plants so far and still looks super health besides this recent development. Some of the lower leaves on this same plant have been shriveling as well, but I assumed it was a light issue and have been pruning them away as I notice any decrease in health. Thanks! The first picture shows the discoloration, the latter two are just a picture of the whole grow space.

Please help diagnosing this problem first time grower
Please help diagnosing this problem first time grower 2
Please help diagnosing this problem first time grower 3
floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

I'm using LED lights, do you think I should turn down the intensity?

floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

I'm also in a northeastern City the temperature gets down to around 55-60 overnight and is normally in the mid to lower 70s during the day in the tent

Anthem

Anthem

I'm also in a northeastern City the temperature gets down to around 55-60 overnight and is normally in the mid to lower 70s during the day in the tent
In the future think about running the lights at night if possible. Best of both worlds in regards to temperatures.

floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

Never thought of that, that's a good idea. Thanks!

Anthem

Anthem

Its hard to say exactly what is causing your plants to purple on the top like that from my experience. If the plant is seeing temperatures in the low 50's it could just be a natural response to the cool temperatures. I have seen that on an outdoor grow but the temperatures where not getting that low. It was either a nutrient issue or over exposure to light. Actually as I am writing this I know it was a light issue because some of the fan leaves overlapped and the once below covered from the light were zebra marked. I would probably raise the light about 6" and see if it stops getting worse. Once a leaf is damaged like that it will likely stay that way thru to the end.

floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

I really appreciate the input guys, light burn does make sense now that I think about it, combined with maybe a slight nitro deficiency. The two other plants have almost no discoloration and are also not as close to the panel led light. One is the same strain but has no negative effect and is exposed to less intense light. I have some lower leaves on the same affected plant yellowing and falling off so that's why I guessed deficiency. It's also the biggest plant of the three so may have needed more nutrients than the other two plants.

Anthem

Anthem

I really appreciate the input guys, light burn does make sense now that I think about it, combined with maybe a slight nitro deficiency. The two other plants have almost no discoloration and are also not as close to the panel led light. One is the same strain but has no negative effect and is exposed to less intense light. I have some lower leaves on the same affected plant yellowing and falling off so that's why I guessed deficiency. It's also the biggest plant of the three so may have needed more nutrients than the other two plants.
sounds like you have 2 different things going on. The lower leaves yellowing and falling off sure sounds like a nitrogen def. That is easily fixed. I usually keep a quart of Humbolt Verde around just for that reason.

floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

sounds like you have 2 different things going on. The lower leaves yellowing and falling off sure sounds like a nitrogen def. That is easily fixed. I usually keep a quart of Humbolt Verde around just for that reason.
I'm about 4 weeks into flowering should I still use the Humbolt Verde? How long would you continue if so?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Lots of strains will turn purple if they get low 60s and 50s temps

Top Bottom