Please help! I don’t know what to do!

• Thread starter Tittiesrus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tittiesrus

Tittiesrus

I have these yellow tips on new growth only. Everything I read online points to mute burn and im a week away from flowering. I can’t find info on if I should flush until a week into flowering then begin nutes again, so just flush and immediately add nutes - in coco.
I have salt build up on the outside of the pot so I’m sure it’s from me giving it too many nutes 😞

Please help i dont know what to do
Please help i dont know what to do 2
Please help i dont know what to do 3
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

What lighting setup are you using? The tips look like they're showing signs of nute burn but I think there are significant signs of deficiency on the larger leaves, possibly magnesium?

I would await confirmation from someone who really knows their stuff, but if you're driving them too hard they'll be demanding a level of nutrients that will cause nute burn but still not actually give it everything it needs. Hopefully one of the pros can shed some light. But I think they are going to want to know the same info about how you're lighting them.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Whooaaa that's a lotta light. Are you using a PAR metre, if not how are you gauging how much the girls are getting. See the following PAR map for your light:

He is hanging this at 21" and getting big numbers. I use the TSL 2000 which is similar power but different layout and diodes. I started mine at 30-36" for seedling, and didn't even get below two feet until a good month after germinate, and I was running at 35-40% power. I use photone on the iPhone for accurate reading of how many photons they are actually getting. This and a reliable guide for PAR levels at different growth stages are your friend.

Again I state I'm a complete novice and suggest confirmation from those who know, but what you say only makes me double down on my bet. Too high light levels are forcing your plants to demand a level of nutes you can't provide without actually giving them nute burn. It's essentially a man made nutrient lock out issue. I would definitely move them up, if the above guide says 21" for best light distribution that's probably not a bad starting point, then use the dimmer to adjust light levels from there. But measure the light levels don't guess. Hope this helps!

Tittiesrus

Tittiesrus

Whooaaa that's a lotta light. Are you using a PAR metre, if not how are you gauging how much the girls are getting. See the following PAR map for your light:

He is hanging this at 21" and getting big numbers. I use the TSL 2000 which is similar power but different layout and diodes. I started mine at 30-36" for seedling, and didn't even get below two feet until a good month after germinate, and I was running at 35-40% power. I use photone on the iPhone for accurate reading of how many photons they are actually getting. This and a reliable guide for PAR levels at different growth stages are your friend.

Again I state I'm a complete novice and suggest confirmation from those who know, but what you say only makes me double down on my bet. Too high light levels are forcing your plants to demand a level of nutes you can't provide without actually giving them nute burn. It's essentially a man made nutrient lock out issue. I would definitely move them up, if the above guide says 21" for best light distribution that's probably not a bad starting point, then use the dimmer to adjust light levels from there. But measure the light levels don't guess. Hope this helps!
Dude you’re awesome! I didn’t know that resource excited! Thank you so much! I think that’s it- it makes sense at least

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Dude you’re awesome! I didn’t know that resource excited! Thank you so much! I think that’s it- it makes sense at least
Too easy mate. As I say I wouldn't rule out better advice from someone who really knows their stuff but I knew enough to know that's a lot of light haha. That page is great for PAR tests and also has other good advice for growing in Coco. Their Forum has nothing on this one though...

Check out photone, if you have Android someone here will be able to tell you the app to get. You'll never have to wonder again how much you're giving them. There's a lot of broscience online that seems to be obsessed with wattage which is silly. Doesn't take into account the actual efficiency of different brands. PPFD tells you exactly how much they are actually getting.

AngryPossum

AngryPossum

I have these yellow tips on new growth only. Everything I read online points to mute burn and im a week away from flowering. I can’t find info on if I should flush until a week into flowering then begin nutes again, so just flush and immediately add nutes - in coco.
I have salt build up on the outside of the pot so I’m sure it’s from me giving it too many nutes 😞

Stop giving nutes. Water them accordingly. They will bounce back. Check your water levels with a meter. They work good.

AngryPossum

AngryPossum

Here is a thread.on my first ever grow, and Outdoors. Maybe it can give you some info/guidance. Just a thought. Were all here to help one another.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

BACK OFF/ DIM YOUR LIGHTS...these are girls are not ready for that much light yet 👍

alanmac101

alanmac101

Thanks for the reply! I’m using mars hydro sp3000 at 75% about 12 inches away
more distance from top of plant to light would help can i suggest do some reading on this matter as there is so much bad advice being given on some of these threads? ppls answers? calmag.. all the time ... ive been growing for years never used calmag EVER never used a ppm NEVER just lay off the nutes for a few feeds let em bounce back remember its a weed a little light and water wont kill em then maybe after you see em bounce back slowly start your process again keeping in mind all these little problems now can and will have a marked diff in yield.. on that note i wish you alll the luck friend.

Top Bottom