Please Help Identify This Problem

• Thread starter Grow4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4me

Grow4me

She's an auto, 5 weeks old. She's only had water and 1/4 strength Ionic Grow. Should I hit her with some cal-mag. I've been growing for about a year and this is the first real problem I've had. She looks like she has yellow measles. Thanks for any help you may offer.
Please help identify this problem
Please help identify this problem 2
Please help identify this problem 3
Please help identify this problem 4

MeJuana

MeJuana

The leaves in the shade are getting little spots on them am I seeing that correctly? Sometimes a plant can take leaves in the shade showing us that she is slightly light on an element. But sometimes when I see those spots on the most shady leaves I check for spider mites. Hopefully you have a 60x loupe at minimum and watch for movement on the bottom of the leaves...

If I'm seeing this wrong describe a little more which leaves and how did the spots appear. Are there any other unfavorable signs?

Grow4me

Grow4me

The leaves in the shade are getting little spots on them am I seeing that correctly? Sometimes a plant can take leaves in the shade showing us that she is slightly light on an element. But sometimes when I see those spots on the most shady leaves I check for spider mites. Hopefully you have a 60x loupe at minimum and watch for movement on the bottom of the leaves...

If I'm seeing this wrong describe a little more which leaves and how did the spots appear. Are there any other unfavorable signs?
No others signs of any trouble ... just the spots. I'll get the loop out and check for critters.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've dealt with Septoria (aka black spot) on cannabis before (took me a while to get it figured out, no one else could). This doesn't look like that, and there is a progression that ends with defoliation of the plant. Do the leaves turn yellow after the spots appear, and then drop off? If so, then you do indeed have your answer and for me cupric solution was the solution, but IIRC I had to really increase the strength (this clone was sourced from a heavily agriculturalized and landscaped area, where it would be common for such diseases to spread and not be treated properly, thus leading to resistance).

That, along with a strict regimen of removing affected leaves, not letting plants touch and bottom-watering to prevent ANY water splashing. Water splashing is the number one vector for Septoria, with direct contact being a close second.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I've dealt with Septoria (aka black spot) on cannabis before (took me a while to get it figured out, no one else could). This doesn't look like that, and there is a progression that ends with defoliation of the plant. Do the leaves turn yellow after the spots appear, and then drop off? If so, then you do indeed have your answer and for me cupric solution was the solution, but IIRC I had to really increase the strength (this clone was sourced from a heavily agriculturalized and landscaped area, where it would be common for such diseases to spread and not be treated properly, thus leading to resistance).

That, along with a strict regimen of removing affected leaves, not letting plants touch and bottom-watering to prevent ANY water splashing. Water splashing is the number one vector for Septoria, with direct contact being a close second.
Thanks for answering, I removed the leaves that were spotted. It just started two days ago so I'm unsure of the progression. I also notice on 2 older plants. Thanks again.

hermit186

hermit186

I had a thing like this and it was the plants in the back and didn't notice that it was standing in the water left in he tray under the plant. Not sure that fits you but mine looked the same. Came on in 3 or 4 days hunted for bugs found nothing and flushed the plant and kept it living dry for a week it never really produced well but the smoke wasn't bad.
Over time I have found some strains will do strange things with wet feet I believe and am not sure but if the water evaporates in the tray in time it becomes concentrated. I don't use catch pans any more and has not returned.
If this doesn't fit your experience sorry but I can tell is something to it my woman washed my stuff with some floor cleaner once and the left over cleaner dried on the pans. Then I used after a transplant and in about 6 days I had plants that Sea said she had never seen before and I chased my tail for the a week or two and axed it.

G

Gdub

I had a thing like this and it was the plants in the back and didn't notice that it was standing in the water left in he tray under the plant. Not sure that fits you but mine looked the same. Came on in 3 or 4 days hunted for bugs found nothing and flushed the plant and kept it living dry for a week it never really produced well but the smoke wasn't bad.
Over time I have found some strains will do strange things with wet feet I believe and am not sure but if the water evaporates in the tray in time it becomes concentrated. I don't use catch pans any more and has not returned.
If this doesn't fit your experience sorry but I can tell is something to it my woman washed my stuff with some floor cleaner once and the left over cleaner dried on the pans. Then I used after a transplant and in about 6 days I had plants that Sea said she had never seen before and I chased my tail for the a week or two and axed it.
Better late than never but I just came on this thread and wanted to share that the best cure I've found for septoria is a copper oil wash. And you are right to get rid of your catch pans. They need to bleed off accumulated salts thru run off. 20% is the general rule of feed water to run off ratio for regular feedings after plants are established in their final pots (last transplant) good luck next time

Top Bottom