Please Help Indoor Grow!!!

• Thread starter gogetta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gogetta

Hi i was tryin to wonder if the best SOG method for a closet cultivator was to use a bunch of red plastic cups, or 1 gallon grow bags? Has anyone ever tried jus veggin for a couple weeks in the little red cups, and went straight to 12/12 without transplantin? if so, wat was the average yield on each? Smallest? Largest? (red cups)...please help me with this...VERY IMPORTANT..Gogetta

S

snowkitty

Your plants are going to get root bound in those little red cups and it will limit their growth. You can tell if they are root bound because it will be growing straight up and not extending much over the outside diameter of the cup. So you will be severely limiting your plant size by limiting the container size like that.

S

shdowlkr

Hi i was tryin to wonder if the best SOG method for a closet cultivator was to use a bunch of red plastic cups, or 1 gallon grow bags? Has anyone ever tried jus veggin for a couple weeks in the little red cups, and went straight to 12/12 without transplantin? if so, wat was the average yield on each? Smallest? Largest? (red cups)...please help me with this...VERY IMPORTANT..Gogetta

16oz solo cup you will get between 5 and 12 g per plant.
You'll have to water and feed them on a daily basis
You'll have to flush them weekly to prevent salt build ups in the medium

1/2 gallon of soil is good for about 1/2 oz per

1 gallon of soil can get ya between 3/4oz and 1.5oz per plant, growing straight soil.

G

gogetta

16oz solo cup you will get between 5 and 12 g per plant.
You'll have to water and feed them on a daily basis
You'll have to flush them weekly to prevent salt build ups in the medium

1/2 gallon of soil is good for about 1/2 oz per

1 gallon of soil can get ya between 3/4oz and 1.5oz per plant, growing straight soil.
thanx alot guys..hey shdowlkr, with good nutes, babies, well takin care of, c02, and everything else that makes good ganja, lol, shudnt i be able to definitely pull off at least 1 oz. per 1 gallon of soil...or maybe not?

D

~DR.GREENTHUMB~

Gogetta,
If you can afford to go staight to hydroponics, I highly recommend you look into buying the "Clone and Grow 12". Google search it, the company that makes it is called Huge Harvest. The unit hold twelve plants. You would get a step futher to maximizing your yield in a closet type space.

Aeroponics is great not only because of the growth rate, but because there's no dirt, rockwool, ect. to haul in and out. This system has reusable neoprene pucks. That makes your only steady garbage, plant material.

G

gogetta

thx alot dr. its really interesting, but i only have like a space thats like 2x6 ft. which i believe is not wide enuff 4 tha clone and grow...dammit..lol..i have an old HT mag that has an article called big yields in small places...its very informative..tha guy has like 9 sq. ft., 1 gallon bags and yields almost 2 elbows every 2 months...so im hopin to pull somethin like this off with 12 sq.ft...i know its possible, comes along with the experience i guess...or maybe it was jus the high yielding strain? (gumboldt)..i'll keep it into mind tho thanx..i wonder how much that thing yields average in 1 harvest? huge i suppose..

G

gogetta

Hey Doc, are u THE DR. GREENTHUMB? i see ur from Can. so im wonderin..lol..nice 2 meet u if u r..nice 2 meet u if u arent!!! lol

P

paco666

once upon a time, in 15 sq. ft i used rectangular plastic planters from wal mart...about 6" x 24" x 6"....bottom fed in 100% perlite...used about 10 of these planters to cover the grow area....would start with 200 seeds to get around 70 strong females (would kill maybe 30 or 40 females leaving the best looking seeedlings....i knew nothing about hydro, did a bit of tomato research....and thats what i came up with... the results were astounding.... 2oz dry nuggets on a regular basis...

S

shdowlkr

thanx alot guys..hey shdowlkr, with good nutes, babies, well takin care of, c02, and everything else that makes good ganja, lol, shudnt i be able to definitely pull off at least 1 oz. per 1 gallon of soil...or maybe not?

Should be doable without the use of CO2. What kind of light will you be growing with?

The thing will be strain... Sattys dont have the weight unless you want to wait. Indys get heavy pretty quick tho and a solid 8 week strain should do very well.

gotta use 1/2 gallon of soil at the minimum. Solo cups work but the effort is not fully justified in the yield. 1/2 gallons can fit almost as close but get branchier and bud up so much better.

Veg time is important too... how long do you intend to veg for? 1 gallon of soil you can veg for a few weeks and still flower with plenty of root space.

G

gogetta

thx shdow...r u sayin that co2 doesnt do how growers advertise it?...i will wait til my seeds show sum sex...take cuttings of each, then go 12/12...so however it long that takes...doesnt it take like 4-6 to start showin sex? and then i guess i will veg clones for 2 weeks...shud that be enuff time 2 get at least 1 oz? or wud i get and oz from 1/2 gallons bags? that'll be great cause then i can have more bags!!!

i will most like use cfls (high output t5's) for veggin and my mother/clone chamber (good idea? yes/no?)...or maybe like a 150/175 watt mh

***for flowering, i will be usin a 600 watt hps..hey that may be alot for 12 sq. ft., but ive also learned that 50 watts/sq. ft. is optimum..

the 2 strains i plan on growin are Sannie's K.O. Kush f2, and Outlaw's Magic Merlin..which both have descriptions of bein heavy yielders..i havent made up my mind yet, but really want a good purple strain wit a high percentage of the strain turnin purple (without cooler temps) and havin true purple traits such as grape taste/smell...any suggestions? -(im also tryin 2 wait til tga releases the Deep Purple..comin soon)

anotha ? by da way...Is my decision of choosin the mother from the clones a good idea or not?

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED GUYS THANX...GoG

S

shdowlkr

thx shdow...r u sayin that co2 doesnt do how growers advertise it?..

No, CO2 does have some benefits but most are only realized when all other things are in order...
10,000 or more lumens per sqft and temps in the 85-89 range, even up to 92. But if you arent meeting those standards, co2 is not gonna help ya much.

Also, if all else is right, 1 oz per gallon should be obtainable without the use of Co2

It typically takes me 4-5 weeks from seed to determine sex.
If you take the top at that time, you'll need to veg another week or 2 to regain your height before flower.

All of my mother plants are picked from clone stock of the original seed plant. I prefer to keep the apical meristem as my mom, but any will do.

My clones root and veg from 2 weeks to 4 weeks before going into flower. Growing style (soil or hydro) will affect this as much as the strain will, but some where in that range mine go in. or better yet, I veg to 8" of plant height then go to flower.

with that, my plants end up between 20 and 28" tall and I harvest 30-35g per plant. I did have one heavy indica that gave me 2oz out of a 1 gallon container, Im trying to get that lady back, lol.

G

gogetta

oh ok well 2 save money, i guess i may jus cancel out the co2 for the time bein...as long as the atmosphere of my space is good..2 oz per? wow!!! wat strain was that? have u ever grown purple or kush strains?

G

gogetta

oh and also shdowlkr, is it a bad idea to force sexin (flowering early) to determin the sex of the plants or jus let it veg out until the undy's come off? lol

S

shdowlkr

I prefer to veg til sex shows but you can do it either way. Or take 2 clones from each and put the donors into flower. If the donor shows male, toss it and its clones (unless making seeds). If its female hope them clones root and treat'm special. Meanwhile, let the donor do their thing in flower.

S

shdowlkr

oh ok well 2 save money, i guess i may jus cancel out the co2 for the time bein...as long as the atmosphere of my space is good..2 oz per? wow!!! wat strain was that? have u ever grown purple or kush strains?

It was an afghani variety. The buds were incredibly heavy for their size. Real fruity hashy taste to it. and simply knock the f--k out weed. No wake and bake with it, you'd go back to bed.

I just got done running some purple kushs but I was not impressed by their buzz. Cant say that any purple variety I have tried was killer weed, but they are pretty:joint:

G

gogetta

wouldnt it be better to maybe flower the clones 1st to determine this? and if u dont really get killer from any purple strains, y is shyt like gdp (granddaddy purp) blown up as this tasty, strong, potent, medicinal strain...is it jus the hype?

R

Rasta311

There was a guy that posted his grow using those cups on icmag I believe. They were in a c-13 cab with a 400w on them. I know it at least yeilded a LB. I am unsure how many cups it was but I know they where clones pretty much put straight into flowering.

And to answer your above question.

PURPLE WEED=HYPE

Not saying there isn't bomb ass purple, its just the fact that its not better than green weed. Its mostly dependent on the temps fluctuations. LOL.... "I can get that purp man....." My favorite dumb-ass line to hear.

D

~DR.GREENTHUMB~

Hey Doc, are u THE DR. GREENTHUMB? i see ur from Can. so im wonderin..lol..nice 2 meet u if u r..nice 2 meet u if u arent!!! lol

Gogetta,
I'm not Dr. Greenthumb from the Canadian based seed bank. Just my name for this community, but I'm a Brain Surgeon When It Comes To Cannabis!

Latest posts

Top Bottom