Please Help Jack O Nesia Issues

• Thread starter atvracin25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

atvracin25

Hello everyone. Im a rook and this is my first run. I seem to be having some feeding issues. It looks to be a nitrogen toxicity and my nesia's have been suffering. Leaf curl downward and "clawing" is present. Dark leaves are present. Ive done my homework but I cant figure out how to fix it. Setup:

5x9 tent
2 600hps
oscillating fan
carbon filter
5 gal fabric pots
roots organic soil
-botanicare pbp-grow,bloom
-foxfarm microbe brew
-hygrozyme
-botanicare liquid karma
1/2 tap 1/2RO
veg 75deg F, 65% RH
flower 75 deg F day, 70 deg F night, following current cultures recommended day/night RH humidity chart.

My first true feeding took place once the clones had bounced back from transplanting and in there first week of veg. All was well with the "Nesia" until the last week of veg. The jack cheddar took well to the feeding and has ever since. The jack o nesia did not. Almost immediately showing signs of nitrogen tox after a feeding. Growth slowed heavily in the Nesia and progressed amazingly in the Cheddar. My notes from 11/2/14 state signs of N tox(droop, claw, dry brittle dark leaves). Mostly on new growth. Its obvious that the nesia's got too much. I did not have a PPM reader for the two weeks prior to this feeding so im not sure what it was. I flushed the Nesia's with a little over 10% runoff of 1/2 tap 1/2 RO, (1 gal per plant). My water/feed PH is always balanced to 6.5-7 Also tested my runoff which is in the same range. At this point the Nesia recovered and began to grow again. Keep in mind I water based on plant weight and 1/2 tap 1/2 RO was used in between these dates. These are my feedings. As I was saying, next feeding was on 11/7/14. The Cheddar was given a 25% of average recommended solution of my nuts listed above plus 16th tsp Epsom salt and did great. Early symptoms of this problem included what look to be a Mag def so I added a 16th tsp epsom salts. Nesia 15% along with 16th tsp epsom salt. Notes say plants look awesome. On 11/8/14 plants when to 12/12. On 1/10/14 I gave both a 25% solution. It brought my PPM to 900. Dumb I know... My plan was to water every third day and use a 2 feeding to 1 water cycle. On 11/12 my notes state more N tox problems. Luckily they needed watered and I flushed again. (1/2 tap 1/2 RO 1 gal per plant) This leads up to my last feeding which was lower than before with both strains. My solution for the Cheddar excluded the the epsom salts and had a PPM of 400. The Nesia received a solution also excluding the epsom salts of 300 PPM. Current plant progress with 1 watering since the last feed. Cheddar is exploding and showing nice flower formation in 1 week:). Nesia is also showing rapid growth and catching up to the Cheddar. Flower formation is visible in the Nesia as well. Unfortunately I have even more of the new growth drooping now and clawing on the Nesia. I will provide current photos tomorrow(dark)but for now I will post a picture from a week ago when I switched to flower. It shows the claw Im dealing with. Any advice would be appreciated and if I can provided more information I will. Just ask. Thank you everybody. Help these beautiful ladies out

Please help jack o nesia issues
Healthy cheddarjpg
Please help jack o nesia issues 3
Please help jack o nesia issues 4
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
K, gimme a minute, cuz I need to break up your post into paragraphs I can read.

You've totally figured this out on your own, atvracin. F'real. The problem you're having is that you're going to have to mix up two different feeds, so what I would do in this situation is mix up the weakest feed first, feed your 'nesia, then add to it to bring EC up and feed your Cheddar.

Make sense? Cuz outside the clawing they look pretty good.

Btw, dark green leaves can be an indicator more of P- than N+, IME. Did I see some purpled petioles in there? Lemme double check. Nope, they don't look P- to me at all. Really, pretty good outside the clawing.

A

atvracin25

You've totally figured this out on your own, atvracin. F'real. The problem you're having is that you're going to have to mix up two different feeds, so what I would do in this situation is mix up the weakest feed first, feed your 'nesia, then add to it to bring EC up and feed your Cheddar.

Btw, dark green leaves can be an indicator more of P- than N+, IME. Did I see some purpled petioles in there? Lemme double check. Nope, they don't look P- to me at all. Really, pretty good outside the clawing.
thank you for the input. very much appreciated. What is EC? No purple petioles

A

atvracin25

Seamaiden I got home from work today and took a closer look. I have reddish purple petioles and the veins on the underside of the leaves...P -?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thank you for the input. very much appreciated. What is EC? No purple petioles
EC=electrical conductivity (measured in... aw fuck, milliSeimens I think?) and that is the measurement from which ppm's and TDS are calculated. Go to EC first, learn how to read it *as* EC and you'll save yourself some headaches caused by conversions.

Seamaiden I got home from work today and took a closer look. I have reddish purple petioles and the veins on the underside of the leaves...P -?
Typically, yes. But if you do it must be very, very faint. Because I examined your pix pretty well and saw not a thing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom