Please help, killed first grow and apparently killing second now

• Thread starter Homegroan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegroan

Homegroan

I'm using water only soil (Coast of ME growers mix) in 7 gal. fabric pots, an HLG 600R, and switching between plain water (dechlorinated and PH adjusted) and water with microbes and root stimulant (but no significant nutes). I was overwatering, and it killed my first round. It stunted but did not kill my second and third round. I let them all dry out, and things got better, but they still look rough and are growing so much more slowly. Now the babies are popping lots of leaves but not really growing, and the leaves on the bigger ones (mainly new growth) are twisting and curling. Am I underwatering now? Wth am I doing wrong? Totally lost and very discouraged.

Thumbnail1
Thumbnail2
Thumbnail3

B

BroScience101

Never let peat dry out. Its the reason I hate using this stuff, switched from fabric containers to plastic containers and plan to switch to actual top soil (clay sand silt) after I finish my current run

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

coast of maine soil is great mix,but it is lite,what you need to do is take a solo cup and fill it just as you have the others same amount,feel the weight or just weigh it,feel how lite it is dry,then take and water that cup until you get a runoff coming from the cup,weigh it,after you have done that write down how much it weigh,when you have both dry weight and wet weight,then when you get to 40% of that weight water or feed your plant,it that easy,with the larger plant same thing,so that solves your over or under water mystery.
now as far as what you got going,what ec or ppm are you feeding the solo cup plants,250 would be perfect,the plant in the air bag needs to be around 700 ppm and all ph at 6.5,if you did this i would think you would see major improvement and rebuild your confidence

Homegroan

Homegroan

Thank you all very much for the guidance. I will try to apply it and let you know how it's going. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom