Please help me figure out what is wrong

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
For an example, my plants are like 25 days old since they popped. Yesterday I watered each plant with a gallon of water in 3 gallon pots with about 15% run off. See the difference?

growsince79

growsince79

Wow I never knew so much. I watered yesterday, should I water again today or wait?
They really dont lookthat bad. They can be turned around-https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/budnaked.113584/. I'd wait several days to a week. Then water to runoff and weigh the pot after it stops leaking. Then weigh it everyday untill it loses about 15 pounds.

showmegreen

showmegreen

You got root issues. Either by TOO much shit in yer mud. Or it is from micro organisms. Plain and simple. Ive been growing fer years and years and years kids. These wonderful little ladies are WEED fer a reason. Abuse them, they do great. Over pamper (expecting incredible results)... and you get premature disappointments. This lady has had NOTHING done to it besides a mole chewed a few roots in the beginning. Last watering i gave it a small delute of super thrive (local family store) and a smidge of bloom booster (home made). I wont touch her again until the dog days are over bout second week of september. The ring you can barely see at the base of her is three feet across. For size reference. Strain is seed from Poison Nanners (host) x Bubba Diesel (pollinator). The Great Magnet has had its green thumb way before we were even thunkered about. Who are we to think we can play God without it's permission? Add some dirt to your mud and let it go! Before any reply "But, but... Butt", everything behind the butt is shit. There's already too much shit in yer mud, bub. Put dirt in it! STAY BLESSED! Cuz you are!
20200812 115817

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

This. My 5 gallon pots take 1-3 gallons depending on what im doing and if im feeding or watering.

should I flush them then? I watered yesterday so would it be an issue to add more today or would it choke them

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
should I flush them then? I watered yesterday so would it be an issue to add more today or would it choke them
As the farmer said above wait until they dry out and water until you get 10-15% runoff. Airflow is key and will assist the soil in drying out a bit faster. Preventing the water from becoming stagnant in the soil.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I wouldn't add any more nutes unless they start looking hungry.
I think the amount of water (until run-off) depends alot on the soil's aeration. I am familiar with that brand and use it in my mix (along with more perlite and castings and a lot of other stuff) and I start to get run-off with 3 quarts in 5 gal soft-pots and 1.5 gal in 10 gal's. (so probably 4-5quarts in 7gal pots). Depending on the environment, I need to water every 2-3 days. That's what works for me. I also don't look for any extra run-off, my goal is just enough before run-off. Everyone does it different I guess.

Go ahead and water them. They are in soft-pots so over watering is very unlikely. Sometimes my outdoor plants get way to much water and they are fine.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I wouldn't add any more nutes unless they start looking hungry.
I think the amount of water (until run-off) depends alot on the soil's aeration. I am familiar with that brand and use it in my mix (along with more perlite and castings and a lot of other stuff) and I start to get run-off with 3 quarts in 5 gal soft-pots and 1.5 gal in 10 gal's. (so probably 4-5quarts in 7gal pots). Depending on the environment, I need to water every 2-3 days. That's what works for me. I also don't look for any extra run-off, my goal is just enough before run-off. Everyone does it different I guess.

Go ahead and water them. They are in soft-pots so over watering is very unlikely. Sometimes my outdoor plants get way to much water and they are fine.
Not true. Overwatering is probably the most overlooked issue with marijuana. IMO. Also, outdoor and indoor are two different beasts.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Not true. Overwatering is probably the most overlooked issue with marijuana. IMO.
Yes, i tend to wait til i see leaves drop slightly til they are about to start wilting then water. I like the wide wet/dry cycle.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So I should wait more to water them properly ?
I mean you’ve got mixed suggestions. Ones telling you to water and some telling you not to water. I know I just water a gallon each plant in 3 gal fab pots and only got about 10-15% runoff. The ball is in your court brotha.
burnz

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Not true. Overwatering is probably the most overlooked issue with marijuana. IMO. Also, outdoor and indoor are two different beasts.

I understand that but with a proper watering cycle, it is hard for a soft-pot to hold onto too-much water unless it is sitting in a deep saucer that is allowed to stay full. Any excess is going to run out. That's why I shoot for just enough water before run-off and if I do get some, it quickly gets re-sucked up.

So, what do you guys do with all that run-off indoors?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I mean you’ve got mixed suggestions. Ones telling you to water and some telling you not to water. I know I just water a gallon each plant in 3 gal fab pots and only got about 10-15% runoff. The ball is in your court brotha.
burnz
Fuck. I guess I should probably just water now and see how it goes, instead of extending the wetish time in the soil and getting it over with. Unless it’s safer to dry them out.ots of conflicting opinion

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I understand that but with a proper watering cycle, it is hard for a soft-pot to hold onto too-much water unless it is sitting in a deep saucer that is allowed to stay full. Any excess is going to run out. That's why I shoot for just enough water before run-off and if I do get some, it quickly gets re-sucked up.

So, what do you guys do with all that run-off indoors?
Empty it usually

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I think I’ll water them tomorrow, should I wait till they sag? cause that could take a week.
My plants dry out slightly more than every other day , and i do ( feed + silica)->(feed + silica )->(water + Zeus + silica) i then water in two stages so that the water can be fully absorbed. My soil can get slightly hydrophobic so that helps.

Top Bottom