Please help me figure out what is wrong

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I understand that but with a proper watering cycle, it is hard for a soft-pot to hold onto too-much water unless it is sitting in a deep saucer that is allowed to stay full. Any excess is going to run out. That's why I shoot for just enough water before run-off and if I do get some, it quickly gets re-sucked up.

So, what do you guys do with all that run-off indoors?
Pot riser. Slide the drip tray under the riser and you don’t have to touch your plant. Dispose of runoff after record your data. Easy.
07034ACD 4921 43B0 A54A 904E49000723

This also helps with air to the bottom of your pot. Assist the medium with drying out, preventing stagnant water in your medium.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
My plants dry out slightly more than every other day , and i do ( feed + silica)->(feed + silica )->(water + Zeus + silica) i then water in two stages so that the water can be fully absorbed. My soil can get slightly hydrophobic so that helps.
My plants dry out slightly more than every other day , and i do ( feed + silica)->(feed + silica )->(water + Zeus + silica) i then water in two stages so that the water can be fully absorbed. My soil can get slightly hydrophobic so that helps.
Whatever you do let em dry out
Pot riser. Slide the drip tray under the riser and you don’t have to touch your plant. Dispose of runoff after record your data. Easy.View attachment 1017431
This also helps with air to the bottom of your pot. Assist the medium with drying out, preventing stagnant water in your medium.
The plant in the top left is going to be a winner. Looks good.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Whatever you do let em dry out

The plant in the top left is going to be a winner. Looks good.
Honestly, they all look like winners thus far. Great growth for 14 day veg.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Honestly, they all look like winners thus far. Great growth for 14 day veg.
Oh all of them look amazing , props to you, but that one in the top left is really uniform/compact. Does it uptake water faster than the rest?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Oh all of them look amazing , props to you, but that one in the top left is really uniform/compact. Does it uptake water faster than the rest?
If you say so, I’m looking for a mom to keep. I’ll keep my eye on her. All pretty spot on drying out together honestly. I’m growing 4’ers again. Muuuuahahahah.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Pot riser. Slide the drip tray under the riser and you don’t have to touch your plant. Dispose of runoff after record your data. Easy.View attachment 1017431

That is fine in veg, I boost my plants up in veg so I don't have to bend down as far but I need every inch of height I can get in flower.
I think the difference between our views of watering until run-off is our growing style. From what I understand, growers that use synthetic nutrients want to water until run-off to keep nutrient salts from building up and they want the information from the run-off to calculate future feedings. Growers that use an organic super-soil type method don't need to do that as they are not adding anything that will build up and unless something goes wrong, they really don't need any information as they are usually just adding water. In fact, I always considered watering until run-off to be more harmful than beneficial as it is just flushing out nutrients that I worked hard to include in the soil.
The OP started with a super-soil type grow and, except for his (one time?) addition of earth juice bloom, imo he really doesn't need to water until run-off. I have always tried to water until just-before runoff and have had zero issues with over/under watering. Ok, maybe a few times during seedling stage but that's it.

growsince79

growsince79

That is fine in veg, I boost my plants up in veg so I don't have to bend down as far but I need every inch of height I can get in flower.
I think the difference between our views of watering until run-off is our growing style. From what I understand, growers that use synthetic nutrients want to water until run-off to keep nutrient salts from building up and they want the information from the run-off to calculate future feedings. Growers that use an organic super-soil type method don't need to do that as they are not adding anything that will build up and unless something goes wrong, they really don't need any information as they are usually just adding water. In fact, I always considered watering until run-off to be more harmful than beneficial as it is just flushing out nutrients that I worked hard to include in the soil.
The OP started with a super-soil type grow and, except for his (one time?) addition of earth juice bloom, imo he really doesn't need to water until run-off. I have always tried to water until just-before runoff and have had zero issues with over/under watering. Ok, maybe a few times during seedling stage but that's it.
The reason to water to runoff is to insure there are no dry pockets. The reason we let it dry is because the plants grow better and have healthier roots when watered this way. For me this applies to organics as well. The only difference is organic I do very little runoff.

Top Bottom