Please help me learn what is happening

• Thread starter hippchikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hippchikk

This is my second grow and I really wanted to get things right. Here are the details.

Seed: critical Purple auto day 67
Tent: 2 x 2 x 4
Soil: purple cow organic
PH 6.0-6.2
Bestva Pro 1000 light at 100%
28" from canopy
Temp 75%
Humidity 45-50%
2- 4" clip on hurricane fans
IPower 4" 118 CFM inline fan with carbon filter
I water when dry to knuckle 1.5 - 2 liters. I added 1/3 of a dose of tiger bloom. Fed in 1.5 - 2 liter bottles 2x a week.
I am attempting low-stress training so I secured the top of the plant to the soil.

The first photo I am attaching is when the plan was in veg and was healthy. After that, the leaves started to look funny so I posted here and someone told me I had thrips so I bought spinosad insecticide. I used it as prescribed before lights out every other day for about 2 weeks.

Now I am in flower and the leaves look much smaller and it is obvious something is very wrong. I combed the web and compared the photos to other leaves. I double-checked the PH and it is good. I played around with the dimmer switch on the light and I think I am watering properly. She just looks so sad and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. In addition to the spinosad, I put up sticky tape but never caught anything. I appreciate any help anyone can offer because I am not doing a good job of bringing her back myself and I don't want it to get any worse. The leaves were so full and pretty and now they are not. Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond.

Please help me learn what is happening
Please help me learn what is happening 2
Please help me learn what is happening 3
Please help me learn what is happening 4
Please help me learn what is happening 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Heat/light stress and looks like gutation is occurring also…. Among other things.

You blasting the crap out if these while spraying them?

Heywood

Heywood

Man those leaves are battered.
I had thrips on my first grow as well. It was no fun, but I quickly got them under control. (I used Capt Jack's Deadbug)

So when you treated your plant with spinosad, did you thoroughly spray the entire plant... topside of leaves, underside of leaves and all stalk/stems?
If so, curious that it didn't get them under control... unless all that damage was already done prior to treatment.

Going forward before my next grow, I would definitely deal with the pests between grows or you will just have the same issue again and again.
I would also pay attention to tent hygiene. Clean up all loose soil/liquids/spills laying around on the tent floor when they happen. That stuff just gives pests more places to hide and multiply in.

That is all meant in a friendly manner. Best of luck. Stick with it, you'll get it.

K

KieferStufferland

Your plant was hypercalcemic and someone on the internet told you it's bugs locking out the Boron instead of calcium. Did you ever see a bug?

Happens all the time. I think grow forums are sponsored by pesticide companies. Everyone here likes to fuck up each others grows by recommending calmag then claiming the resulting calcium toxicity is from bugs, genetics, mutation, varegation etc.

"You need new genetics new nutes new lights new pesticides. Spend money, don't think. Use calmag. " - grow forums

It's always excess calcium. Always. You were just boron deficient. Now youre B and K def..

See how your plants were green in the new growth and gray-blue on the big leaves, that blue-gray color isn't normal. Only on the internet. It's all the goodies your leaves make, sitting still in the leaves, not being sent out to the rest of the plant. That's how you actually get bugs/mold. From causing your own problem trying to fix a problem that didnt exist. Welcome to grow forums. Where blue gray calcium toxic plants are the best you'll see.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Genetics. Most auto flowers are super unstable. Autos never got me high. Better to grow from clone and veg for 7 days, same shit. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Happy grows.

H

hippchikk

The sticky trap in your picture has not been peeled .
That is why it catches nothing . Pull the paper off.
I did have it peeled off on the first one and there was nothing on it. I accidentally threw out the stand on that. I peeled the tape back on this one now and still have nothing on it.

H

hippchikk

Man those leaves are battered.
I had thrips on my first grow as well. It was no fun, but I quickly got them under control. (I used Capt Jack's Deadbug)

So when you treated your plant with spinosad, did you thoroughly spray the entire plant... topside of leaves, underside of leaves and all stalk/stems?
If so, curious that it didn't get them under control... unless all that damage was already done prior to treatment.

Going forward before my next grow, I would definitely deal with the pests between grows or you will just have the same issue again and again.
I would also pay attention to tent hygiene. Clean up all loose soil/liquids/spills laying around on the tent floor when they happen. That stuff just gives pests more places to hide and multiply in.

That is all meant in a friendly manner. Best of luck. Stick with it, you'll get it.
Thank you. I did not have all that damage before. Enough to know something was wrong so I posted here and learned about spinosad. I sprayed every leaf front and back and the roots and soil every 2-3 days for 2 weeks just before lights out. Although the first time or two I did have the lights on because I did not find out about doing it before lights out right away. I will clean the whole tent thoughouly. Thank you.

H

hippchikk

Your plant was hypercalcemic and someone on the internet told you it's bugs locking out the Boron instead of calcium. Did you ever see a bug?

Happens all the time. I think grow forums are sponsored by pesticide companies. Everyone here likes to fuck up each others grows by recommending calmag then claiming the resulting calcium toxicity is from bugs, genetics, mutation, varegation etc.

"You need new genetics new nutes new lights new pesticides. Spend money, don't think. Use calmag. " - grow forums

It's always excess calcium. Always. You were just boron deficient. Now youre B and K def..

See how your plants were green in the new growth and gray-blue on the big leaves, that blue-gray color isn't normal. Only on the internet. It's all the goodies your leaves make, sitting still in the leaves, not being sent out to the rest of the plant. That's how you actually get bugs/mold. From causing your own problem trying to fix a problem that didnt exist. Welcome to grow forums. Where blue gray calcium toxic plants are the best you'll see.
I don't think I ever saw a bug. Can I fix this plant now? I have the fox farm trio for nutes but it is in organic soil. What advice can you give me for saving this plant?

TSD

TSD

I don't think anyone here tries to fuck up anyone's grows... but I do think cal mag is an over utilized cure all... but it also has it's place. You're very passionate about this issue I see... this is like the third time I've seen this response to someone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom