Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The molasses was for the benefit of the microorganisms in the living soil system. Slowly, over time, people started to add the molasses in because living soil, when it is done right, is great. The problem with living soil is that it is more difficult to do correctly than growing buds... unless you have the micro-biome to use the molasses, you are just putting sugar into the soil with no benefit to the plant.
It is the same as adding sugar to grape juice but having no yeast to use the sugar... you end up with very sweet grape juice. The idea sounds wonderful and organic and kind, etc etc.... but it doesn't help things out unless you have the proper soil to use the molasses, which is broken down into compounds that the plant uses. No microbes (of the right kind), no benefits. I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me for making this bold statement, but I've grown long enough to know fact from fiction. Living soil is great, but not easily done. Molasses just makes for sticky soil, otherwise. Roots can't absorb sugars.

Deeding the microbes sugar causes a bloom of bacteria. However it dies right back down after the food is used up and all that time they are not feeding the plant as jey are getting their carbs (food) from an outside source instead of the plants roots.

Yes an unpopular but true opinion. Molasses can do nothing good for a plant.

Proper live organic soil works symbiotically with the plant and needs no help.

sambapati

sambapati

Is it possible to change the soil out without shocking it even worse?
Dont be afraid of making a mistake...just repot in a clean 4 inch pot with perlite or cut up corks....to increase drainage also put rocks in the bottom. You might try watering with club soda. That saved one of my seedlings that didnt grow. Keep a calendar of when you water. Take it easy on yourself

Urbangrowthbounder

Urbangrowthbounder

Reveg that. Pull the bud off and let it reveg , monstercrop her. You will have branches from every angle.
I always make my own medium, but I start( when I'm doing soil) with a high end dirt mix, I mean soil. Or many poo's of flavor. Then I'll push it Fkn hard. First thing after getting and mixing is to test water content and drainage, by filling my hand with soil then adding about 4 oz. water to it. Then squeeze tight and hold it for a few. If when you let go it stays tight like a muddy dirt clod then you need a separator for better oxygen saturation and root growth. like per-lite. If the roots can't breath the plant will not be the dank special you had smoked, sorry. I prefer pumice the (real thing) and if it immediately falls apart then more humic, worm castings, and some Buffalo loam my preference. When it smells good enough to eat then all the "tests". But what I do is add 1 gallon of water per 1 1 1/2 sq ft of soil in a dirt supply bag usually the one the base soil came in mix it well, then reseal it for 24 to whenever you need it as so less chance of surprises when you plant.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I always make my own medium, but I start( when I'm doing soil) with a high end dirt mix, I mean soil. Or many poo's of flavor. Then I'll push it Fkn hard. First thing after getting and mixing is to test water content and drainage, by filling my hand with soil then adding about 4 oz. water to it. Then squeeze tight and hold it for a few. If when you let go it stays tight like a muddy dirt clod then you need a separator for better oxygen saturation and root growth. like per-lite. If the roots can't breath the plant will not be the dank special you had smoked, sorry. I prefer pumice the (real thing) and if it immediately falls apart then more humic, worm castings, and some Buffalo loam my preference. When it smells good enough to eat then all the "tests". But what I do is add 1 gallon of water per 1 1 1/2 sq ft of soil in a dirt supply bag usually the one the base soil came in mix it well, then reseal it for 24 to whenever you need it as so less chance of surprises when you plant.
Oh my Jesus

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

wow. i'm reading up on all these posts, catching up.

just on drainage....i've got left over clayballs, so I use that on the bottom of the pots. also, use broken plates - smash 'em up. otherwise, small pebbles.

a big lesson is to persist. Be patient, even on yourself - it's all a learning experience. soon, hopefully, you'll overcome these issues.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

wow. i'm reading up on all these posts, catching up.

just on drainage....i've got left over clayballs, so I use that on the bottom of the pots. also, use broken plates - smash 'em up. otherwise, small pebbles.

a big lesson is to persist. Be patient, even on yourself - it's all a learning experience. soon, hopefully, you'll overcome these issues.
I've been using broken up clay pots but I'm contented about them typing the fabric bag.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I don't go heavy on nutes. I mostly use molasses and water. I keep my temps in low 70's same with Rh.

You got this Chick!
Thanks!
I'm in my second "batch", thank God. I just destroyed those things. Muuuuch better this time around. I'm having a problem with humidity in my tent and the dehumidifier throws off too much heat. I've been googling it but can't find any practical solutions.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I'm just throwing this out there but maybe more holes for air to the roots and less water . It's crazy how dry they can get and do well I have waited till nine feel super light then give one more day then water . But someone with more experience may have better advice on here.
The watering situation is getting irritating. One person says to soak them and wait. One person just waiters until a bit heavy. The outdoor potted ones I'm soaking because it's hot out. I'm going back to using weight as a judge.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I have tried to play God to when I first started some 30 yrs ago. If your plants stunt then you have a rooting problem. That will happen when you make your own medium especially when you are starting seeds. I like to start with either a premix (ocean forest) from fox farms is a good soil mix. I add a small amount of Azos from xtreme gardening which really help root growth and nutrient uptake. Also I have found a good florescent grow panel promotes good growth for seedling and are easier to co trol the heat factor, is a must be consistant and humidity is in your Godly power. Don't try to hard to make the perfect professional grow until you can master the basics. Yes you should be able to salvage the plants provided the roots are healthy enough. If the seeds are feminized then just concentrate on a happy plants. If not then the female to male ratio is going to be very low. Hope this helps. Good luck and relax it will come in time.
Thank you very much!

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Baaahaaahaaa! Buncha stoners with chemistry degrees. You guys are awesome. Everybody may have their own ways of doing this, but I've been learning invaluable things and I appreciate you guys.

Last edited:
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

By looking at your other photos of your plants, you're doing something right. Why do you think you are having so much trouble with these?
2 of them I topped too early. I had crappy lighting, no dehumidifier (which I needed), over pruned when I shouldn't have at all.... I messed everything up. Onto round 2. 😁

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

And if by chance you do have a problem they will send you out more seeds no questions asked. Only down fall is the time for turn around
I contacted them. They said they're batch numbers or something. 2 didn't pop. Never got a reply.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

2 of them I topped too early. I had crappy lighting, no dehumidifier (which I needed), over pruned when I shouldn't have at all.... I messed everything up. Onto round 2. 😁

me, too! my first batch fell over, just at a critical point, now onto the second batch without much harvest yet.

hang in there. one day soon, it'll fall into place. all this will come down to experience.

at least now, you've experimented and you know more about training!

crappy lighting didn't help.

thing is to pick yourself up, keep at it. we'll both be happy when we get a decent harvest.

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Too hot or too much water
but that should come back the plant wants to grow.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I haven’t grown anything out yet but one love genetics has some of the most reasonable prices and best customer service I have encountered. Got my seeds in 3 days! We will c I’ll drop some here in a week or two

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

me, too! my first batch fell over, just at a critical point, now onto the second batch without much harvest yet.

hang in there. one day soon, it'll fall into place. all this will come down to experience.

at least now, you've experimented and you know more about training!

crappy lighting didn't help.

thing is to pick yourself up, keep at it. we'll both be happy when we get a decent harvest.
I am. I'm on my second (and first outdoor). It *is* a pain in the ass but it's also fun.

Top Bottom