Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Like others have said, your Ph is way too low. In soil, I have never once PH'd anything on every grow I have ever done. Get that PH back up in that 6.5 range. Plants this small in soil don't need any kind of nutes. Pulling your PH down in that under 6.0 range has locked out a few nutrients. Once you get that ph right, you should see improvements in a few days. Damaged leaves will not recover either. If it were me....straight tap water that has sat for 24 hours and nothing else for a few days. Make sure the soil gets a good wet AND dry cycle too.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Numbers are different for soil than coco. If you're switching to coco your pH should be lower than it would for soil. You'll water more with less chance of overwatering. I prefer coco to soil but both are fine as long as you research the best numbers for your medium. There are some really good threads about each medium in this forum.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

This is my first grow and I am messing it up pretty good. I've made almost every mistake you can think of so far. ....

My seeds germinated fine. I transplanted them into a soil that I mixed myself with organic potting soil from home depot, pearlite, and peat. ....made the classic rookie mistake of overwatering. Got fungus gnats............................I'm trying to PH my water to 5.5, but it ends up at about 5.7.

My questions are: The bottom leaves are yellowing and I have very slow growth. What caused it and can I fix it? .....can I change it out or is it too late for that?

The pic I'm attaching is from a plant germ'd on 1/15, planted on 1/17. Today is 1/29. This is the only plant that is yellowing, but they all have stunted growth. Please tell me they are salvageable.

i went through many of the same experiences - unsuitable medium, over-watering, gnats, stunted growth, absolute debacle.

yes, they are salvageable! sort out your medium, and those plants will recover quickly. how your water, pH of water/nutrients will depend on the medium you choose to grow 'em in.

change pH to around 6.5 for soil, see how they go, in the next week....though i have been floating between 6.3 to 6.5 myself in soil. if the conditions become more suitable, the plants will respond quickly enuff.

i have measured the run-off etc, don't have to be so finicky.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man, you are awesome. Really. That wasn't just a thorough explanation, but I feel like I could actually do it and not eff it up. I already have nitrile gloves. I use them for when I handle concentrates. I remembered what number you said for the ph. I just don't get how so many people vary in how they grow, but yet everybody seems to do ok. I've watched so many grow videos and there's not a lot* odd similarities. Except people seem to really like ffog. I wanted to try to do this as simply as possible and I ended up stressing the poor things out. Thanks for all the info and thorough explanations. I'm getting the coco on Friday. It's Amazon, so i assume I'll have it the next day. I'm not far from a warehouse.
Hi so I did come back like I mentioned but I see you're going to Coco & I can't help you there cuz I'm not the biggest fan of coco if I'm honest but remember these General pH guidelines; in soil PH 6.5, Hydro 5.8 coco 5.9 - 6.0, also you're going to need a pH & PPM meter, hope this helps good luck

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Like others have said, your Ph is way too low. In soil, I have never once PH'd anything on every grow I have ever done. Get that PH back up in that 6.5 range. Plants this small in soil don't need any kind of nutes. Pulling your PH down in that under 6.0 range has locked out a few nutrients. Once you get that ph right, you should see improvements in a few days. Damaged leaves will not recover either. If it were me....straight tap water that has sat for 24 hours and nothing else for a few days. Make sure the soil gets a good wet AND dry cycle too.
Got it.
Im getting chest pains.....
Lmao. Sorry man. I thought you were calling me thirsty. Haahaa! I hate that term.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Hi so I did come back like I mentioned but I see you're going to Coco & I can't help you there cuz I'm not the biggest fan of coco if I'm honest but remember these General pH guidelines; in soil PH 6.5, Hydro 5.8 coco 5.9 - 6.0, also you're going to need a pH & PPM meter, hope this helps good luck
I need to look back at the notes you guys have left. I'd rather do soil, but what I have is apparently crap.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I need to look back at the notes you guys have left. I'd rather do soil, but what I have is apparently crap.
Maybe not, search and do a 'slurry test' and then you'll know for sure

If you'd rather do soil you can get that delivered via Amazon too, and promix is available at my local Home Depot, & possibly yours and it's under $15 for a huge Bale and that might be another option to consider?

if you have questions stop by the beach house thread in grow Diaries and I'll help if I can good luck

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

i went through many of the same experiences - unsuitable medium, over-watering, gnats, stunted growth, absolute debacle.

yes, they are salvageable! sort out your medium, and those plants will recover quickly. how your water, pH of water/nutrients will depend on the medium you choose to grow 'em in.

change pH to around 6.5 for soil, see how they go, in the next week....though i have been floating between 6.3 to 6.5 myself in soil. if the conditions become more suitable, the plants will respond quickly enuff.

i have measured the run-off etc, don't have to be so finicky.
Thank you for sharing. I don't feel as completely inept any more. Haahaa I'm glad you turned it around though. I assume with the help of you guys, I will too. It's $55 for 3.5g here. Who can afford that? People ate going in that place spending $300 a pop and I'm coming to get my $15 preroll.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

If you'd rather do soil you can get that delivered via Amazon too, and promix is available at my local Home Depot, & possibly yours and it's under $15 for a huge Bale and that might be another option to consider?

if you have questions stop by the beach house thread in grow Diaries and I'll help if I can good luck
Thank you. Everything I've looked at is so expensive. It's restrictive. I just built a grow room. The start up expenses are killing me.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Thank you so much. Any info and advice is appreciated.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

here is a tip that might just help you get threw this grow easily,water only and ph of course
take the seedling and dig a circle around the plant about 2inches round and dig about 2 inches deep with a tablespoon,then take the plug with seedling and transplant into a pot of fresh ocean forest,dont feed nothing but ph water to the plant for at the least 3 weeks,after the 3 weeks and plant starts to show sign of needing food,transplant into a 3 gal pot of super soil.
so solo cup
1gal pot
3 gal pot
a week before flip you could also go up one more pot for final pot depends on how big a plant you want,but the final pot filled with super soil base and just water only until you harvest.
or you can just take what you already have and dig it out same way described and put in fresh soil your already using and stick to a feed program all the way,soil ph 6.5 ppm depends on your growth stage.
no bells or wistles ,like boasters and stuff to make better smells and all that crap,just fox farm ocean forest ,what ever nute ine you have and correct numbers,ph and ec.then harvest

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

here is a tip that might just help you get threw this grow easily,water only and ph of course
take the seedling and dig a circle around the plant about 2inches round and dig about 2 inches deep with a tablespoon,then take the plug with seedling and transplant into a pot of fresh ocean forest,dont feed nothing but ph water to the plant for at the least 3 weeks,after the 3 weeks and plant starts to show sign of needing food,transplant into a 3 gal pot of super soil.
so solo cup
1gal pot
3 gal pot
a week before flip you could also go up one more pot for final pot depends on how big a plant you want,but the final pot filled with super soil base and just water only until you harvest.
or you can just take what you already have and dig it out same way described and put in fresh soil your already using and stick to a feed program all the way,soil ph 6.5 ppm depends on your growth stage.
no bells or wistles ,like boasters and stuff to make better smells and all that crap,just fox farm ocean forest ,what ever nute ine you have and correct numbers,ph and ec.then harvest
Yeah, that's pretty easy. Thank you very much!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I can do Home Depot. I can't do Fox Farm. One bag fills like 3 pots if that. And it's so expensive. I appreciate the input. Very much.
I use 3 gallon pots and I get three or four ounces per plant; you don't really need huge pots in my opinion

I pay $18.50 for Fox Farm and with the perlite it fills at least nine 3 gallon pots per bag

But for pure economy the Home Depot Pro mix can't be beat in my opinion but you're still going to need perlite with that particular all purpose product, which is the only type Promix they carry, at least here it is
Screenshot 20200130 135820 Chrome

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Well right now they're being called little beyotches. I wanted to change out the soil with coco, but I'm afraid of killing them. I looked at the price of ffog and was sure there was no way i could afford it. I just found those blocks on Amazon yesterday. I didn't even know they existed before.
I grow in Promix with some composted manure mixed in. Using on commercial 20-20-20 fertilizer, I have no problems at all and it is a very forgiving mixture that doesn't require much feeding and keep water levels correct... Ph too. I try to keep my soil around 6.5 and use tap water, which provides the minerals that RO takes out and eliminates the need for cal-Mag for the most part. If you can transplant them into it, I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to grow in it. I've used it for decades and it is consistent as long as you don't overfeed it and give enough light, you will grow big and easy. FWIW the Promix I use is the Promix BX, but I prefer the Promix HP, which drains better. Agway usually carries Promix for about $27/bale,which i enough for about 7-8 5 gallon buckets.

J

JayceTheCayze

look at the soil... its dry! They need more water to heal! Give them an extra 2 hours of night... should help them recover a bit...

Top Bottom