Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So my tent is 2x2x4 golden lemons I switched my bulb and light schedule about two weeks ago. My plants are attacking my light and getting burnt. I’m not sure what to do.
Did you look into the I told you about last week?

20200711 102419
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So my tent is 2x2x4 golden lemons I switched my bulb and light schedule about two weeks ago. My plants are attacking my light and getting burnt. I’m not sure what to do.
You gotta bend the branches down away form the light. 4’ tent doesn’t give you a lot of room to begin with.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Small clones are the easiest :) Big ones, especially with semi-wooded stems can be a bit much to nurse, but I do it from time to time depending on what and why. What I really enjoyed today was seeing seeds on my big girl. I had a male come up with obvious purple traits from a mixed back of "idk wtf this is" and as close to a pure sativa as you will see. So I crossed it with that first WW plant as it had just started to flower. Low and behold I had a seedling pop up in the bag a couple of days ago. Today I took 4 mature seeds off that tree. Can't WAIT to see what the sprout does but it already has a dark purple stalk which is VERY encouraging. Who knows what it will be, but that's the fun sometimes!

It takes some and patience to get a routine down. Don't worry if your first grow bombs. The second one will be a bit more smooth. And the third even smoother still :) It's all about learning and doing. So there is really nothing that you can do "wrong" at this point. But I'd encourage you to hook into some shorter strains. One that you may be able to get a hold of is Pineapple Muffin by HSC. It's a predominant indica, grows to about 2 - 3 ft and is FAST. You could carry that one around in a 5 gal grow bag without any worries of smashing leaves.
Hey, can you post pics of that? I imagine I'm not the only one interested in seeing that plant as it develops.
Oh, it bombed. Lol. I'm over it. That one took 5 months though 😳. I learned a lot. I'm honestly just having fun with this one trying different techniques on different plants, trying some organics, etc. It's fun now.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Hey thought you might want to see this WW finishing up. I’m guessing I’ll start to see amber trichomes easily within the next 2 weeks. So the clear water feedings have begun...
That is a thing of beauty right there. How much longer now? I didn't look at a date on the post.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

That is how I grow, short bushy bonsai style.
This round I have 4 autos about 8-12" tall each, FIM'd young 3rd node and LST under net. Filled about 2/3 of the tent which works perfect for me to have some space for fan and stuff. 💁
From what I have seen, they say FIM on autos is bad, but I'm satisfied with how my are coming along, so I think timing is everything... So far so good.
I have never seen a scrog net like that before.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Yay! They look good :) What do you know about defoliation?
I know to take the bottom 3rd of the plant and apparently nothing else. I don't pretend to know the chemical processes of these plants. But I can grow plants in general. So, I'm combining what I want or like worth what I've learned so far. I know when I garden, someone you need to be cruel to be kind. Anything that has no purpose is usually just sucking off the plant needlessly. I'm used to getting rid of anything unnecessary because it's doing more harm than good. And kind of counterproductive to keep. I don't just mean suckers on a tomato plant. Anything that's not going to increase the plant strength and production. But, I digress, I don't know these plants, but I'm learning. I just don't see the point of keeping all the fan leaves, especially when there's a decent base of sugar leaves that set up shop. But.... 🤷‍♀️

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I know to take the bottom 3rd of the plant and apparently nothing else. I don't pretend to know the chemical processes of these plants. But I can grow plants in general. So, I'm combining what I want or like worth what I've learned so far. I know when I garden, someone you need to be cruel to be kind. Anything that has no purpose is usually just sucking off the plant needlessly. I'm used to getting rid of anything unnecessary because it's doing more harm than good. And kind of counterproductive to keep. I don't just mean suckers on a tomato plant. Anything that's not going to increase the plant strength and production. But, I digress, I don't know these plants, but I'm learning. I just don't see the point of keeping all the fan leaves, especially when there's a decent base of sugar leaves that set up shop. But.... 🤷‍♀️

You know how you can be brutally harsh with tomatoes and they just bounce back? I've found the same to be true with this magic plant. A lot of people tend to baby them. I'm like 20% what? Recovery time? Huh? Choppy choppy whack whack whack lol! Fan leaves are good if the plants aren't cared for constantly imo. But people like you and I? We're on them multiple times each day, analyzing, calculating, planning, and what if'ing them to death. Fan leaves can go. I like to get as much sun as possible to the inner nodes because I don't always trim them out. People talk about it being popcorn. Well... when I harvest this WW thing, I'll take pics of it trimmed on the vine before I whack it all down. They are tight 2 to 3 inches tall and worth keeping.

I keep on saying this... We all have different methods that work for us. Growing this stuff is a personal journey for each of us. The hilarious part is we all take paths that are good for us individually to reach the same goal collectively... bud. Really nice icky sticky danky stanky bud. :)

There are definitely DO NOT DO THIS lists that are valid. Other stuff is a preference. And the chemistry, RO water, measuring run off, etc? That's not for me. The day I can't read a plant without all of that crazy shit is the day I put down my trowel.

The other thing that is cool is my wife of 23 years is a hippie chick. LOVED that about her when I met her. Just the sweetest easy going beautiful thing in the world. I was corporate USA when we met. Totally 180 degrees different. She smoked. I liked to ski lol. That's A LONG time past me though. She enjoys the magic of the grow too... a lot. And when I need to talk something through that isn't making sense to me, she's usually the one who goes hey... try this. And it usually works.

This forum thing is brand new to me. I'm not used to talking to people about my grow but I'm really liking everyone I've met here so far. It's a very very cool space. But that plant with the multi grow sites you did? That thing is going to yield really good I think. Looks awesome!

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

It's about 10 days to 2 weeks away. Just busted out with a BUNCH of new growth. I'll let it go until it is absolutely finished. Definitely have been off on my time estimates before for sure :)
Yes, that's what i do with tomatoes. I single- stem them. People think I'm crazy until they see all of my tomatoes. Prune off dead stuff or anything needlessly drawing energy from the plant.

Haahaa! You crack me up! Choppy choppy, haha! I honestly JUST got a tds meter. I went through the first one without one. I'm wiith you on that. And yes, Im examining my plants multiple times a day, lmao! I like* plants. Usually more than people. If I'm not checking them, I'm getting water ready (tap that I let sit), etc. It's the first thing I do in the morning. I love going out there and seeing them praying and happy. And if I have the choice between a chemical or bone meal or something, it won't be the bottle. I just got a worm farm for the castings and tea. And I trimmed a whole lot of fan leaves that time for those exact same reasons. I don't see the point of ditching flowers if they are of decent quality and not tiny. I trimmed a bunch of fans to keep light from blocking inners. Seemed ok considering. I've been so anxious about it though. People have freaking chemistry degrees in here. Or they should! But I'm a "plant person" like you. I do know what's wrong with a plant by reading it. But these are all new potential problems that I need to learn the visuals of, if that makes sense. But I've been doing this for so long. I needed to take a step back and figure out how I** wanted to do this and what the best way was for me. No 2 people grow the same way it seems although there are similar techniques.

Your wife sounds amazing. Somebody I'd love to sit down with, have some tea and talk about plants and life.

These plants are really beautiful. That's a great pic too. The color is amazing and from what I've seen, not very common. It's a shame more people don't see that. All they see is how big they are (or not in my case ).
You know how you can be brutally harsh with tomatoes and they just bounce back? I've found the same to be true with this magic plant. A lot of people tend to baby them. I'm like 20% what? Recovery time? Huh? Choppy choppy whack whack whack lol! Fan leaves are good if the plants aren't cared for constantly imo. But people like you and I? We're on them multiple times each day, analyzing, calculating, planning, and what if'ing them to death. Fan leaves can go. I like to get as much sun as possible to the inner nodes because I don't always trim them out. People talk about it being popcorn. Well... when I harvest this WW thing, I'll take pics of it trimmed on the vine before I whack it all down. They are tight 2 to 3 inches tall and worth keeping.

I keep on saying this... We all have different methods that work for us. Growing this stuff is a personal journey for each of us. The hilarious part is we all take paths that are good for us individually to reach the same goal collectively... bud. Really nice icky sticky danky stanky bud. :)

There are definitely DO NOT DO THIS lists that are valid. Other stuff is a preference. And the chemistry, RO water, measuring run off, etc? That's not for me. The day I can't read a plant without all of that crazy shit is the day I put down my trowel.

The other thing that is cool is my wife of 23 years is a hippie chick. LOVED that about her when I met her. Just the sweetest easy going beautiful thing in the world. I was corporate USA when we met. Totally 180 degrees different. She smoked. I liked to ski lol. That's A LONG time past me though. She enjoys the magic of the grow too... a lot. And when I need to talk something through that isn't making sense to me, she's usually the one who goes hey... try this. And it usually works.

This forum thing is brand new to me. I'm not used to talking to people about my grow but I'm really liking everyone I've met here so far. It's a very very cool space. But that plant with the multi grow sites you did? That thing is going to yield really good I think. Looks awesome!

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

And thank you so much for the compliment!! I'm hoping it does well.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Horrible. Unless you wanna wait 85 day’s for 10 seeds. The worst experience and I haven’t even popped the beans yet. Hope they pop.
Agreed. I got 3 packs and am averaging 1 germ per every 3 pack. It could be more than that considering I was saving the final seeds. That place sucks.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's about 10 days to 2 weeks away. Just busted out with a BUNCH of new growth. I'll let it go until it is absolutely finished. Definitely have been off on my time estimates before for sure :)
Looks nice but needs to build up some heft. I've added a few weeks on myself after having a HPS triggering early finishing. The plants under the HPS and 10K MH kept growing and turned out superior in most ways. Moral of the story... let them finish fully and you will be much happier. I disregard the recommended flowering time and let the plants tell when they are ready.

mandoVol

mandoVol

Man I’m SOOOOO
Deeding the microbes sugar causes a bloom of bacteria. However it dies right back down after the food is used up and all that time they are not feeding the plant as jey are getting their carbs (food) from an outside source instead of the plants roots.

Yes an unpopular but true opinion. Molasses can do nothing good for a plant.

Proper live organic soil works symbiotically with the plant and needs no help.
[/QUOTE

Guys I’m soooooo glad you cleared this up for me. I’ve used it just a couple of times “because I read somewhere” that it made the buds do a coordinated line dance to Play That Funky Music.

This is my first grow, I’m very fortunate to have backed into that valuable feedback!

thanks so much!

This is my only auto and I fed it just a
few teaspoons per gallon of it three times, but I’ve super flushed flushed it twice since then with Clearex in ph’d rainwater.
BlueDreamatic @49 days.

98719B53 9CB0 45A8 8429 E1CAFAAE51EF

EC7D169E 0502 450A BE52 51E174D6795B
14EC4BEB 3606 4A13 9EE6 2D8F32586E30
844AECEF C7BB 46C4 9F3B 7EE1D899A6A7
2863DC99 F962 4417 8FA5 52973C69B207
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
This is way to deep to jump into 😂😂 always in safe hands on here 👍🏻

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Looks nice but needs to build up some heft. I've added a few weeks on myself after having a HPS triggering early finishing. The plants under the HPS and 10K MH kept growing and turned out superior in most ways. Moral of the story... let them finish fully and you will be much happier. I disregard the recommended flowering time and let the plants tell when they are ready.
If you are talking about mine I harvested yesterday with almost 50% Amber the rest cloudy no new growth. Not my first rodeo. But thanks for you opinion. HPS suck imo. I’m outside 12 hours and inside for the rest. HPS brings too much heat and stress to my equation. Wet yield: 22oz. I’ll take that any day. That was one big ass plant.

BA50777E 9AB0 4B87 8603 6D34535E3DFF
9C01C404 D05B 4B06 A284 E35350E80029
Last edited:
Top Bottom