Please Help My Friend With High Rh

• Thread starter elcolombiano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elcolombiano

elcolombiano

hello fridends
my friend is growing in a 2x2x4 ft tent with a 65 watt cob light, using a 7 lt hempy coco hempy bucket. the room where the tent is 13x13ft and has a RH of 65-85%, temps 18C-23C, and inside the tent the stats are very similar... RH is 60-69%, temps 18-22C. He has been using silica desiccant and calcium chloride but he is into 2 weeks of flowering and is quite concerned with humidity issues.

he now is considering an electric dehumidifier to lower the rooms RH, he is close to purchasing this one
Deshumidificador-Mini-VDL.png

please some guidance is appreciated.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Is it in a sealed room?
Can't he just buy a rvk extractor and some ducting?it's a tent right?just buy a rvk extractor.job done.plus u can then hook that up to a carbon filter if it gets smelly in flower.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I have a couple of small grow spaces in a room .I just use rvks on the grow space and open the room window .

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

Is it in a sealed room?
Can't he just buy a rvk extractor and some ducting?it's a tent right?just buy a rvk extractor.job done.plus u can then hook that up to a carbon filter if it gets smelly in flower.

it's a normal bedroom, door used to get opened sporadiacaly. the whole house has an RH between 65-75%, so now he tries to keep the bedroom door closed all the time and has several DryZRoom / calcium cloride packs around the bed room, but RH just dropped 3%.
the tent was meant to remain closed but current plant outgrew the tent so now he leaves one side of the tent open. he tried with a more powerfull exrtactor fan but it just decreased temps and RH increased a bit, so now he wants to consider a dehumidifier for the bedroom.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Its the temps. Get those temps up to 26-28C and the rh will reduce dramatically. This is the cheaper solution.

Top Bottom