Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

My leaves are dying curling up and turning weird colors
Please help my leaves are dying curling up and turning weird colors
the leaves are brittle!

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Wow. Crispy nitrogen death, I see. Sorry 'bout that.

You can flush with water ph-adjusted for your medium. Step away from the nutrient cabinet.

This would take a while to correct. Have patience and perhaps you can save them.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Sorry - just edited my post to provide guidance. Please share more specifics about what you do - there is something that needs to be reviewed. That deep green with a wax-like shine is telltale.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I sense a mite issue. The weird twisty, crusty leafs are one sign. I say this because that was one of my issues. Have you observed any of you leafs under a microscope or do you know what pest you’re dealing with? Take a better picture tomorrow when it gets sunny.

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Oh. Wow. Never would have guessed. Vegetable oil? Peppermint oil?

Ima not gonna ask. Didn't realize this was a bug issue where the cure succeeds but the patient dies.
Dr. Bronner's pure Castile soap 18 in 1 hemp peppermint oil and soybean oil. I thought it was insects that was causing the the leaves to do that.

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I sense a mite issue. The weird twisty, crusty leafs are one sign. I say this because that was one of my issues. Have you observed any of you leafs under a microscope or do you know what pest you’re dealing without? Take a better picture tomorrow when it gets sunny.
[/QUOTE I was trying to determine the sex of my plant ..I was using a strong magnifying glass and saw a tiny little worm that I wasn't able to see with my naked eye.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
In a past life, I lived in Escondido where Dr. Bronner's is made. Great soap, but I ain't putting that on my plants.

There are ways to deal with bugs but I've not been a fan of some suggestions that resemble your regimen.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Dr. Bronner's pure Castile soap 18 in 1 hemp peppermint oil and soybean oil. I thought it was insects that was causing the the leaves to do that.
There are an abundant of things that can make the growth look like that. Take some better pics and let us know what your growing in, outdoor/indoor, etc

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
First thing is to overcome the bugs. That can be relatively easy and not hard on the plant.
I think I see the problem in how insecticide soaps have become a shit-show. What you use is crop dependent. That formula may work on some other species, just fine. The deal here is their is some pregnant assumption that you may smoke this plant. And that treatment will not do, if that is the case.

For soft-bodied pests - I recommend something like SaferSoap. Use as directed. The potassium salts are in a concentration that will fuck up their day but will not injure the plant. Runoff into soil also isn't a bad thing, unlike lots of other shit that get sprayed on cannabis.

For mites, you gotta go hard-core. I recommend neem oil, only if the diagnosis is certain. And anything that gets treated is not product. You have to eliminate the pest during vegitation and grow and shed all that vegetation that was treated.

The point is to grow as clean as possible. All those miracles of science on the shelf are not what you want to smoke.

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I agree those plants you smoke from the shelfyou get a fast intense high but it doesn't last long like homegrown does grown organically!

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I agree those plants you smoke from the shelfyou get a fast intense high but it doesn't last long like homegrown does grown organically! I haven't used fertilizer yet , plant food for roses and old potting soil(Miracle-Gro) that was all dried up in a bag that was really dried out I added that to the ground soil that I used when I first planted that seed was just from the ground in a bucket that had water in it and it been sitting there for a long time so I don't know what was growing in there and it was kind of slimy and when it dried it hardened like clay dirt would .

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Its not dead yet , I think I may have sprayed that solution too much on my plant and on the soil so if I stop using that mixture maybe it'll go back to normal growing like it should what do you think?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Time will tell. Flushing the soil may help although I would be tempted to move them to new soil, if I could do so gently. Certainly replace the periphery to get rid of contamination to help recovery. Depending on how much is in the soil, if little they will recover fine. I'd blame peppermint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom