Please help!! my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago

• Thread starter Parrottroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Hi all, looking for some advice as i'm at my wits end. This is my first grow, so please bear with me.

Strain - White Widow Autos
Soil - FF Happy Frog (added a top dressing of Perlite and Dolo Lime a week or two ago - will be adding these directly into the soil on my next grow)
Light - Mars Hydro TS1000
Indoor Grow Tent 2x2x4
Day Temp - 81F
Night Temp - 72F
Pot Size - Large Black Plastic Pot - 3.3gal; Fabric Pot - 2gal; Small green pots - 1gal

So one of my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago, so after getting some advice and doing some reading, I flushed with some nutrient free 7ph water (43ppm) - my runoff was in the mid to high 5s previously so I am trying to bring the Ph up a bit. It seems that this yellowing/brown leaves are spreading to the other plants and i'm freaking out. I have included the runoff ppm and ph of the last watering (plant 3 is the one in the fabric pot who was doing the worst out of all of them, Plant 4 is the semi healthy large one):

Start (runoff from the last watering)
Plant 1 - 6.02ph/671ppm
Plant 2 - 5.9ph/742ppm
Plant 3 - 6.3ph/957ppm
Plant 4 - 6.2ph/576ppm

Input (ph'd water, no nutrients)
Plant 1 - 7.07ph/42 ppm
Plant 2 - 7.07ph/42 ppm
Plant 3 - 7.07ph/42 ppm
Plant 4 - 7.07ph/42 ppm

Runoff
Plant 1 - 6.1ph/582 ppm
Plant 2 - 6.02ph/420 ppm
Plant 3 - 6.48ph/548 ppm
Plant 4 - 6.96ph/589 ppm

The leaves seems bit dry as well, even after the watering. I've raised the lights a bit to see if that helps too. I don't believe overwatering is the issue, as they have been drying out (lifting pot method) every 3-4 days. They seem to perk up a bit after watering as well which makes me think they're doing ok on that side of things.

I'm at a loss and just hope they can make it to harvest (especially the big one in the back). Any other recommendations?? I originally thought it was a potassium deficiency but now I have no clue. On a positive note, there a few pistils changing color and there is definitely some trichome production on all four plants, which is great...i'm just hoping they will hold up another month or so until I can harvest :/
Any help would be so very appreciated!! I just want to be able to harvest something (anything!) at this point before giving another grow a shot - using everything I learned from my mistakes this time around.

Please help my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago
Please help my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago 2
Please help my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago 3
Please help my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago 4
Please help my plants was showing some yellowing and browning a week ago 5

R

redshift75

hard to say if its excess P or K possibly...
Given there was a flush. Looks like maybe needs some nutes, possibly a combo of several? Seems like a few. I run dyna gro so id probably give it a dose of bloom with an added dose of cal mag. is how i would treat it. the yellowing and such looks like your flush worked and you just didnt give it enough nutes following that flush... But if you gave it a bunch of nutes id lean towards the excessive amount in flower. Is my guess. Seems like a pretty uniform case of them all ending up with the same outcome because of nutes whether too little or too much. Dont go crazy and double or triple down on the nutes. Just make sure you are giving them enough.

but the moving of the light seems like a good idea since its all on the top and new growth. but the bottom right plant i see some signs on a lower bud site. not sure if its new growth or affected that low. Im thinking since you said deficiency you may have been giving it lots of nutes? Do you have your feeding schedule as far as what and how much you gave them to help determine which way your feeding needs are swinging?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Let's talk about this one first, are you spraying stuff on them or even just misting them with water?

Screenshot 20200810 140450 Chrome

Edit: you need to bring that ph up right away! I recommend Dolemite lime; I add one level tablespoon per gallon of soil, but you'll have to decide how much you want to add yourself by adding a tablespoon at a time and checking runoff till you get that pH Up Above 6.0

Once you get the soil PH back up the deficiencies you're seeing should rectify themselves but the plant above might be something different?

Last edited:
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

hard to say if its excess P or K possibly...
Given there was a flush. Looks like maybe needs some nutes, possibly a combo of several? Seems like a few. I run dyna gro so id probably give it a dose of bloom with an added dose of cal mag. is how i would treat it. the yellowing and such looks like your flush worked and you just didnt give it enough nutes following that flush... But if you gave it a bunch of nutes id lean towards the excessive amount in flower. Is my guess. Seems like a pretty uniform case of them all ending up with the same outcome because of nutes whether too little or too much. Dont go crazy and double or triple down on the nutes. Just make sure you are giving them enough.

but the moving of the light seems like a good idea since its all on the top and new growth. but the bottom right plant i see some signs on a lower bud site. not sure if its new growth or affected that low. Im thinking since you said deficiency you may have been giving it lots of nutes? Do you have your feeding schedule as far as what and how much you gave them to help determine which way your feeding needs are swinging?
I fucked up by giving veg nutes too soon initially, they are running in happy frog and I definitely burned them by adding ferts too early. I’m was using the fox farm trio and CalMag at half dosage before the flush, should I bump it up to a full dose?

R

redshift75

I fucked up by giving veg nutes too soon initially, they are running in happy frog and I definitely burned them by adding ferts too early. I’m was using the fox farm trio and CalMag at half dosage before the flush, should I bump it up to a full dose?
that doesnt sound like much for it to be on the excess side. I would say they are probably under and again would go back to i would use bloom and cal mag. So whatever nute cycle you use. Just go with full dose during flower. My best guess is when you flushed you never added enough and now see the symptoms of under feeding compounded by what was removed potentially.

Top Bottom