please help no idea what this is

• Thread starter Creativepatron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creativepatron

Creativepatron

things I can tell you about this grow is that I was over watering and had some fungus gnats.got rid of them with predatory mites . I topped Dressed with alfalfa meal neam meal and kelp. Also I use to mist the Canopy with water I ph my water with vinegar. That’s all I can think of for now

Please help no idea what this is
Please help no idea what this is 2
Please help no idea what this is 3
Please help no idea what this is 4
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

The acetic acid of vinegar dissolves the cell membranes resulting in desiccation of tissues and death of the plant.

Get some proper ph controls....

Have no idea what's wrong, but a way to find out is to start by fixing the obvious, then see what you got.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Interesting. I read that apple cider vinegar is ok for phing except it tends to rise. If it’s not ok that’s good to know as I have been using it as well. Do you guys have a organic ph down product that you recommend ? Or would plain old citric acid work as well ? I may have added to my problem using it as well

PhillipPhillip

PhillipPhillip

I would get a blue lab ph pen. Learn how to do a soil slurry test. Use bone meal for ph down or calcium carbonate for ph up. You need a good compost tea or lactic acid bacteria to digest whatever you add. Without microbes you will not see any improvements.

Creativepatron

Creativepatron

That’s interesting I’ve never heard of using bonemeal for PH down. Thanks for the advise. What method of grow do you do?

PhillipPhillip

PhillipPhillip

I could be wrong about the dry bone meal. I use liquid organic nutrients and the bone meal drops my ph when i mix everything together.

the soil slurry will tell you everything you need to know about your plants.

PhillipPhillip

PhillipPhillip

Dry Cottonseed meal will lower soil ph.
You could also use carbonated water to drop your ph. I start with 3 Liters of tap water, add nutrients, adjust to 6.4, then add carbonated water and calcium carbonate until i get to 4 liters.

what is the ph of your tap water?

Creativepatron

Creativepatron

Dry Cottonseed meal will lower soil ph.
You could also use carbonated water to drop your ph. I start with 3 Liters of tap water, add nutrients, adjust to 6.4, then add carbonated water and calcium carbonate until i get to 4 liters.

what is the ph of your tap water?
Low 7s

PhillipPhillip

PhillipPhillip

I just harvested this today. My tap water is 7.8. Water with high calcium content is great. If you want be organic, you gotta get serious about your ph for your water and soil.

E11D1D55 1F86 48E4 9BB6 3ABAADD68C79
Creativepatron

Creativepatron

I stop using vinegar cause someone told me it’s bad for the plant

PhillipPhillip

PhillipPhillip

When i mix all my nutrients, the ph drops to about 5.8. Then i use liquid limestone to raise it to 6.4. Then i add carbonated water and it drops again, then i raise it again. I try to get it between 6.3 and 6.8.

The reason i add the carbonated water is because it raises the alkalinity of the water and that helps to keep the soil ph between 6.3 and 6.8.

Top Bottom