Please help, Pics inside..?? Def/burn???

• Thread starter UNITEDGROOVES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

What up y'all, I got 4 bubbas going right now and one out of the 4 is giving me shit.. They are in FF Ocean Forest 3gal containers and i'm feeding them big bloom 3tsp/tiger bloom2tsp/2tsp cal mag per gal every watering. [email protected] with RO water. The rest of the plants are looking nice.. Now going on week 3 of 12/12. The one with the problem is double potted and was vegged for 3 months and is the largest of the bunch.. I have a few pics.. Let me know what you guys think is the problem.. Basically the leaves turn brown and die off quick.. Please Help!! Thanks in advance..

Picture 046jpg
Picture 044jpg
Picture 042jpg
Picture 039jpg
R

Rural_GrowOp

Looks like it could be a heat problem. I've noticed that when my plants get to close to the light the leaves start to look like that.

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

I have the same thing going on with my Bubba - but I tend to abuse my plants, lol. I've noticed that on the big girl I have in a bucket system that older fan leaves are the first to get it, and just last week I lost a lot of the vegetation that wasn't getting much light.

It could be a heat issue as Rural said - I have temp issues too, lol; but one thing I was thinking it might be is a Potassium deficiency - take a look at this wiki page
)

With my plants that's what seems to be the issue...
Same like you said - leaves brown and die off quickly.

S

StonedOwl

Yeah, I'd say heat from lights. You can see how its mainly the tips of the leafs which are affected, the back ends look great. Save for that first pic.

G

GigZ-16

I don't think it's a heat issue because I have seen this on my young plants growing under fluoro tubes. If you've seen a fluoro tube you know that the plant can safely touch and grow wrapping around the bulb with no heat issues. What are your lights?

I usually see this when I flower my plants to sex them and don't switch my fertilizers. So it looks like it could be Potassium def.

But, you're pH is jacked a bit, like ripz said. Try getting it to 7.0ish.

J

Jalisco Kid

The way that tip turned brown it looks like a K problem, if it follows the edges further down and turns brown I would really look for a K problem. Heat i would effect the texture more and would bleach out the color more I would think.JK

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Thanks for the response guys.. I don't think its heat issue as the other plants are not showing the same problem,i'm also running 3 other bubba, 5 chems & 2 OG's and none are showing this problem and it's mostly the older larger fan leaves to go first on the bubba and not the top where the light is the hottest. As GIGz mentioned even one of the moms in veg is beginning to show the same problem under a T5.. I'm running 2 lights 1k & 600 side by side air cooled.. Room temps 78-83, I have an AC unit + Co2 in a sealed room with a controller.
D junky: that link didn't work, so how did you fix your problem with your bubba, at this rate by the time of harvest I think she would loose most of her fan leaves.

Rips: I'll bump up my PH to 6.5 on the next feed hope it helps..

Jalisco: So would you say i'm feeding it too much K or not enough?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I have a de-humidifier and its running at 45-50%.

G

GigZ-16

Too little I would assume. Unless your fertilizing a vegging plant with a flowering nute mixture.

Firstly you need to bump that pH up.

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

Sorry about the link, don't know what happened there...

But I agree with what others have said - bring the pH up a bit. Maybe bump the nutes up a little, but wait until you bump the pH or you might be wasting your time.

Does anyone know where to find that chart about what nutrients are absorbed in regards to pH and soil vs. hydro?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Thanks guys, i did bump the PH up to 6.6.. I found the chart DJunkie so i'm good on the PH.. But that still doesn't explain why the other 10 plants I have are not having this problem, it only seems to be affecting the bubba. Any how thanks again.. PEace

G

Gorrillagrower

Im wondering if its not just a mutant plant. I have had plants and there leaves do some pretty funky stuff in the past. Just a thought.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f7/gorrillas-2009-outdoor-project-8394/

Top Bottom