please help, problem with my clones

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

ok i cut clones and it has been almost 2 weeks and nothing and where i applied the rooting hormone it is like a brownish color is that stem rot the tops f these clones are fine they are standing up straight and are green but they havent started to grow roots

purpleberry

purpleberry

A pic would help.
Is the stem mushy where it is brown? If yes, they may have some fungus, since its been 2 weeks they should start to harden off soon, you will see the stems turn white and callus with bumps where roots will come out. You could get a funigicide and spray it around the base of the clones to slow the fungus down. good luck.

I

ismokepot

Typically, if I don't have some signs of roots after 2 weeks, I ditch the clones. With the rot it sounds like you have- it's time to start over.

J

joe.5

Depending how tall they were when you took them, I'd cut the brown off and dip em again in my rooting hormone.. It's very likely that you should scrap them, but my last batch of clones a few weeks ago took longer than 2 weeks to come thru because their mother had been in bloom for 2 weeks before I took the clones (stress).. Not all of them pulled thru, but sometimes its worth going the extra mile... Add some pics.. Are they in rockwool, root riots, peat pucks or what.. ? I found that if the medium of too wet then I get rotten stems, ensure grow cubes are damp and not ringing wet.. safe !!

Top Bottom