PLEASE HELP rust looking spots

• Thread starter GREATWEED24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

HI there newish grower here, on my second batch, all my babys look good except for this one, noticed small orange dots on it about 3 days ago, now as you can see in the pics its gotten much worse, I believe its a cal-mag deficiency but not sure. Im a bit confused as its the only one of 4 plants that have it. I use coco with some perlite, and Advanced nutrients base nutrients, the PH perfect for coco. The plants are loving it other then that one plant of course. Hoping its a easy fix and just for whatever reason this plant had not got enough cal-mag, i was told not to add anymore to whats already in the base nutrients so i havent.

Please help rust looking spots
Please help rust looking spots 2
Growrx

Growrx

Looks young, but looks like a cal Mag deficiency to me, could also be that it was fed outside the correct ph range.
More specifically mag def.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

cause is from no oxygen.. overwatered, saturated..
careful with coco..
So i guess i should just cut back on the water when i feed her then and it should solve? i was also thinking cal mag def, but didnt make sense as to why they all didnt have it then as there all in the same medium and getting the same nuts, also i do remember i had a bit of trouble with her a week before, she fell over when i was watering, thought i was going soft enough but shes real delicate so i water using a different method now and its very light on the plants no damage being done, i was thinking some way some how this had to play a effect in why her of all plants is showing these signs.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So i guess i should just cut back on the water when i feed her then and it should solve? i was also thinking cal mag def, but didnt make sense as to why they all didnt have it then as there all in the same medium and getting the same nuts, also i do remember i had a bit of trouble with her a week before, she fell over when i was watering, thought i was going soft enough but shes real delicate so i water using a different method now and its very light on the plants no damage being done, i was thinking some way some how this had to play a effect in why her of all plants is showing these signs.
i think something was up, but your new growth looks good compared to the leaves below.. so your doing better..
i can’t give advice with coco.. so someone else will help you out..
but not a calmg issue

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

i think something was up, but your new growth looks good compared to the leaves below.. so your doing better..
i can’t give advice with coco.. so someone else will help you out..
but not a calmg issue
okay ill keep looking for answers thanks for your help, also unfortunately the new grow is starting to show the exact same thing in the tips and im sure will work its way down like before, hoping cutting back on watering will help but yeah will keep searching.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
okay ill keep looking for answers thanks for your help, also unfortunately the new grow is starting to show the exact same thing in the tips and im sure will work its way down like before, hoping cutting back on watering will help but yeah will keep searching.
are the two small round cotyledon leaves still green ish?
add a side photo?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok.
so the seed comes with enough food/nutrients to start life.. a sign that the nutrients are running out and that she needs food is the to small round cotyledon leaves will die off naturally, and if no food than the yellowing would continue up until death.
so i’m sure you can rule out anything to do with food/nutrients.,
has to be watering, too much or not enough, i’ve heard that you have to “wash” coco before using? i’m just trying to help, as i said i know nothing about growing in coco..

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

HI there newish grower here, on my second batch, all my babys look good except for this one, noticed small orange dots on it about 3 days ago, now as you can see in the pics its gotten much worse, I believe its a cal-mag deficiency but not sure. Im a bit confused as its the only one of 4 plants that have it. I use coco with some perlite, and Advanced nutrients base nutrients, the PH perfect for coco. The plants are loving it other then that one plant of course. Hoping its a easy fix and just for whatever reason this plant had not got enough cal-mag, i was told not to add anymore to whats already in the base nutrients so i havent.

It is NOT a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Mg- starts at the tip and moves inward. It looks like the perimeter of the leaf is going yellow. Ca- looks like orange/ rust colored necrotic spots but it looks much different than yours do. It looks to me like an issue with watering practices/ lack of oxygen to the roots. Even if you don't give them too much water at once, you CAN water too frequently. If you're having to water every day, let them dry out, give a little more to drink at once and then wait 2-4 days to irrigate again. Buy a soil moisture meter and when the needle is roughly half way between wet and dry, it's time for a drink.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

ok.
so the seed comes with enough food/nutrients to start life.. a sign that the nutrients are running out and that she needs food is the to small round cotyledon leaves will die off naturally, and if no food than the yellowing would continue up until death.
so i’m sure you can rule out anything to do with food/nutrients.,
has to be watering, too much or not enough, i’ve heard that you have to “wash” coco before using? i’m just trying to help, as i said i know nothing about growing in coco..
yeah I didnt feed them the first week, but they where not really growing and started to turn really yellow, then started feeding with the nutes and they started thriving, doubled in size in about 2-3 days and where a nice green, then i noticed the small dots on just the one and yeah now where here. I think your on to something with the watering, i do water them the exact same but like i said i damaged this one plant she fell over, so im sure it has to do with that and the watering, hoping ill see some change, also i did give it a bit of a wash, you more so have to be concerned with that when your buying it in the brick form mine was a premade ready to go one, but again if that was the issue they would all be having the same spots, thinking it has to do with the damage done from falling over and maybe shes behind now on her root growth

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

It is NOT a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Mg- starts at the tip and moves inward. It looks like the perimeter of the leaf is going yellow. Ca- looks like orange/ rust colored necrotic spots but it looks much different than yours do. It looks to me like an issue with watering practices/ lack of oxygen to the roots. Even if you don't give them too much water at once, you CAN water too frequently. If you're having to water every day, let them dry out, give a little more to drink at once and then wait 2-4 days to irrigate again. Buy a soil moisture meter and when the needle is roughly half way between wet and dry, it's time for a drink.
Also, as it was already stated, If the cotyledons are still green, then you do not have a deficiency. Do you use an air pump with air stones (or a good venturi pump) to oxygenate your water? You could add a small amount of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to your water and it will add more oxygen as well as keeping your roots clean and healthy.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

im a bit confused because this too started from the tips and worked its way down, right now the new leafs tips are beginning to have the spots, and they do start off looking extremely orange, thats why its so easy to think cal-mag but again i dont think it can be, also you are supposed to water every day in coco, it can never dry, how much is a different story, i water once a day and again they all get the same, i think your right its lack of oxy in the roots or some root issue, im sure it was caused from me topping her over by mistake, im sure it stunted the root growth and now its getting to much water where as her sisters its a perfect amount

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

Also, as it was already stated, If the cotyledons are still green, then you do not have a deficiency. Do you use an air pump with air stones (or a good venturi pump) to oxygenate your water? You could add a small amount of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to your water and it will add more oxygen as well as keeping your roots clean and healthy.
yeas i use air pumps with air stones.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

IMG 0960
IMG 0961
IMG 0959
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

im a bit confused because this too started from the tips and worked its way down, right now the new leafs tips are beginning to have the spots, and they do start off looking extremely orange, thats why its so easy to think cal-mag but again i dont think it can be, also you are supposed to water every day in coco, it can never dry, how much is a different story, i water once a day and again they all get the same, i think your right its lack of oxy in the roots or some root issue, im sure it was caused from me topping her over by mistake, im sure it stunted the root growth and now its getting to much water where as her sisters its a perfect amount
That's the one area I have limited knowledge, I've never used coco. I went from soil to hydro and haven't looked back (no offence to dirt farmers) but it seems like a soil moisture meter might help.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

That's the one area I have limited knowledge, I've never used coco. I went from soil to hydro and haven't looked back (no offence to dirt farmers) but it seems like a soil moisture meter might help.
thank you for your help regardless

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
+1

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Not 100% sure from all the details but it almost looks like manganese def. with the spotting starting middle on new growth. Is the strain a auto or photo and what’s your seedling ppm feeding range with what nutes if any?

Top Bottom