Please Help Save my Crop

• Thread starter rabyrab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rabyrab

Hey, I have a question. What do you think is wrong with the leaves in the picture? They are 4 weeks into 12/12 im giving it tap water and soiless with organic ferts with every watering, now i found out its every other watering, so over nutes is the problem right? I will test the soil ph tomorrow. Any help would be appreciative.

Please help save my crop
Please help save my crop 2
Please help save my crop 3
C

chef green

check your water, may have to many chemicals for your ladies, try using a brita water filter, hope this helps

H

H3mpseed

looks like nute burn. needs nitrogen. calmag.and more nutirent. should solve it

No offense but it its burn why would he add more? That would end up probably killing his plants.

Do you have a pH tester? It would help because those symptoms could be pH flux, overnute, or even phosphor def. Thats the tricky part of growing, the lookalike problems.

If you have no tester you should flush the fuck outta your medium several times, and let them go to see if it stops. If it does stop it was nuteburn. If it continues its either pH or phosphor def. But then again if your adding cal-mag (which I'm pretty sure is another word for Lime), then that should be balancing out the pH so I'd look into the phosphor def.

Have you changed nutes since veg? Whenever I don't change nutes for 12/12 I get the same symptoms at the same time which shows me to use more Phosphor.

Good luck and keep us updated.

R

ReelBusy1

cal mag deficencies show up at 4-5 weeks into flowering.
IMHO thats what is wrong here....

H

headband707

Hey, I have a question. What do you think is wrong with the leaves in the picture? They are 4 weeks into 12/12 im giving it tap water and soiless with organic ferts with every watering, now i found out its every other watering, so over nutes is the problem right? I will test the soil ph tomorrow. Any help would be appreciative.

Yeah looks like you might have burnt it so flush flush flush, When indoor never give as much fert as recommended . This is always what ppl think but not the way they should go ,always hold back just a bit.. Unless you have a perfect envoirment and no one has this.Second use a vit B mix to calm down the root. 3rd stop using water out of the tap let it sit over night too much shit in water ei. chlorine etc. Pull off offensive leaves and wait it out. Peace out Headband707

J

Jalisco Kid

This is why you should read about growing. Now you have asked for directions and was pointed to the four corners. pH always gets blamed, I wish the people who always say that would take an extra clone and feed it 4.5pH then 8ph to see what happens. I never like to say anything because you really have to see the plant. But I would lean towards the above post as it is lacking rather then overfeed. What amount and source for C and K ? I assume you are dumping a lot a C in with the tap. Ask you local water dist for their water analysis.
When you ask for help show the plant,did the leaves come form the top bottom or middle. Tell people what you feed and how much. You need to give people more info so that they may help you more. Unless you know you have just done something terrible wrong do not flush until you see and measure some runoff. Also if you are a lone grower I think it helps to know where a lab is at. you could dry some leaves crush them up and take it to them for about 50 bucks you will know whats going on with your plants. JK

H

headband707

This is why you should read about growing. Now you have asked for directions and was pointed to the four corners. pH always gets blamed, I wish the people who always say that would take an extra clone and feed it 4.5pH then 8ph to see what happens. I never like to say anything because you really have to see the plant. But I would lean towards the above post as it is lacking rather then overfeed. What amount and source for C and K ? I assume you are dumping a lot a C in with the tap. Ask you local water dist for their water analysis.
When you ask for help show the plant,did the leaves come form the top bottom or middle. Tell people what you feed and how much. You need to give people more info so that they may help you more. Unless you know you have just done something terrible wrong do not flush until you see and measure some runoff. Also if you are a lone grower I think it helps to know where a lab is at. you could dry some leaves crush them up and take it to them for about 50 bucks you will know whats going on with your plants. JK

HUM interesting I might agree with you but you usually do see over feeding damage as black tips at the end of the leaf and I thought this is what I have seen on this plant and what other damage except somthing coming up through the root and burning the leaf ?? In the greenhouse this is how we see it but your idea is good too lol>peace out Headband707

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I agree with JK... Usually when over feeding you don't really see your leaves yellowing like that, the brown spots to me it looks like cal mag def. I was having the same problem with my A-dog.. But more info would be great.. Also make sure you PH is on point so the plant can take up the nutes.. Thats probably why the plant isn't taken up the nutes..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I would have to agree with the deficancy those stems are bright purple. it needs Phosphurus and cal-mag. what are you feeding it and how do the buds look? are the hairs nice and white or do they have brown tips?

R

rabyrab

smokesome, the leaves were never wet or watered only in the soil. It was overferted that I know. the ph changed from one tap water of 7.1 to 7.4 ph but with the heavy nutes the ph would be a little low correct?

how many gallons of water will flush out each pot?

Thanks

R

rabyrab

I am helping a bud out here, this is now what i learned. So im playing catch up. I have to guess what his ph is at so i will flush them and wait, then add 1/4 of all nutes

G

GroHi

I'm new here, so this may not be worth very much, but when I over nute my plants the signs are quite distinct and don't match the photo's given. The leaf fringes immediately begin to curl upwards like massive transpiration issues. The leading tip hooks down hard. The rest of the leaf fingers cup upwards drastically. This is what I see almost immediately with overnuting. If it goes uncorrected, then burning at the fringes & leaf tips along with harsh curling & ridging.

The pics provided match my babies (in coir) when I have massive pH drops primarily due to letting the medium dry out by mistake. It takes me almost an entire week to fully correct the medium chemistry & if I don't get it right away... leaves that look just like the pics provided.

My guess is very low pH in the medium causing a number of lockout issues. I notice Mg & K the most, though a touch of everything eventually comes out. Fe stress almost always surfaces at the new shoots, though temporary.

JK seems to have it goin on... flush in excess w pH'd balanced nute solution & watch your run-offs until they come back in line. The very first caught r-off will tell you a lot as to what is going on in the medium/plants... compare it to your starting solution as it will likely be very different. Peace brother.

R

rabyrab

I'm new here, so this may not be worth very much, but when I over nute my plants the signs are quite distinct and don't match the photo's given. The leaf fringes immediately begin to curl upwards like massive transpiration issues. The leading tip hooks down hard. The rest of the leaf fingers cup upwards drastically. This is what I see almost immediately with overnuting. If it goes uncorrected, then burning at the fringes & leaf tips along with harsh curling & ridging.

The pics provided match my babies (in coir) when I have massive pH drops primarily due to letting the medium dry out by mistake. It takes me almost an entire week to fully correct the medium chemistry & if I don't get it right away... leaves that look just like the pics provided.

My guess is very low pH in the medium causing a number of lockout issues. I notice Mg & K the most, though a touch of everything eventually comes out. Fe stress almost always surfaces at the new shoots, though temporary.

JK seems to have it goin on... flush in excess w pH'd balanced nute solution & watch your run-offs until they come back in line. The very first caught r-off will tell you a lot as to what is going on in the medium/plants... compare it to your starting solution as it will likely be very different. Peace brother.

Thanks, i tried the runoff and if its accurate its 5.8 so yes your correct about the ph being too low i believe but will do more testing tomorrow. I guess the nutes really dropped the tap water ph down?

R

rabyrab

I flushed it with 6.5 perified water. Now when do i fert it and how much 1/4 of the recomended dosage? Whats the best method for the plants to higher the ph but with the least stress?

R

rabyrab

I flushed it with 6.5 purified water. Now when do i fert it and how much 1/4 of the recommended dosage? Whats the best method for the plants to higher the ph but with the least stress?

B

BETA

It's turning yellow and has brown dead spots, It's a potassium deficiency.

Top Bottom