Please Help Solve The Riddle

• Thread starter Herman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herman420

Herman420

Back Story: I attempted an outdoor guerilla crop back in the 90s. I started with 60 seedlings in various locations. One site was stolen, one was eaten by pest, one site was confiscated and I watched as they loaded them up in the back of a pickup, and the last site delivered about 1/2 pound of over fertilized harsh hard to smoke ho hum weed. A hot summer of lugging water, poison ivy, ticks, and 7 days of paranoia the Sheriff Dept was going to knock on my door was enough for a quick retirement.

Current: so dude usually has med grade loud. Only in early August I get a bag at a discount because of seeds. They were hard full mugs, yet we're loaded with seeds. It was good stuff, but because of the pollination and lack of quality control curing it wasn't up to the norm. It was a good trade off in price vs quality. I was stoned and got to thinking. Why suddenly seeds? Wasn't it coming from the same high grade grower? Hmmm? Then it hit me.....I'm going to try this again only indoor.

I germinated 10 seeds. Two died. The other eight are on fucking steroids!!! I had to top them all. But get this!!!! Get this!!! All 8 are females!!! With quarter sized buds after two weeks of switched lights and 5 weeks of veg. They've stretched out to 2 1/2 feet. All will have 6 to 8 top colas. WTF?

My theory: dude crossed two strains and feminnized.

Please help solve the riddle
weedshoes

weedshoes

The riddle being how did you get so lucky with all females?

Either they're feminized, or you're lucky. I think if he had a female clone herm it will make pollen but still only have female genes to pass on, so the resulting seeds on all the contaminated plants are female.

But I am pretty new here.

Herman420

Herman420

Either they're feminized, or you're lucky. I think if he had a female clone herm it will make pollen but still only have female genes to pass on, so the resulting seeds on all the contaminated plants are female.

Here's more...I took little care for them the first couple weeks. I had to order a light(s) and study. These were just going to be a 2 to 3 week trial tilly seed bank stones came in. They are totally outperforming the seed bank girls, and they are doing good too!

Herman420

Herman420

Could be the next sour or cookies.
I've got about 50 more seeds. Of the next 8 weeks goes how the first 7? Cloning will be my next project. I'm going to cut a top bud off at 8 weeks in, at peak THC, and give it the ultimate test. I dropped a 3 gallon pot of soil on one of them. It crunched the main stem and almost shredded two others off. Hell, it's the best looking one of the bunch! Looks like The Kraken...a monster!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

New or not ... you're on the right track except for one part ... they pass on the hermmie genetics in the seeds they produce. @Herman420 - Watch out for hermmies mid to late flower. It's been my experience that these type of seeds tend to be never ending source of headaches over the long haul. If it's all you have available, I understand. Seeds don't make your weed bad. Just takes more time preparing it before smoking ... In the old days, everything had seeds. Sinsi buds were rare.

Herman420

Herman420

Duly noted.
I followed up two weeks later with 8 feminized from a seed bank and 8 autos just now in their 2nd week. I plan for headaches, mistakes and learning.

These were actually a non invested, financially and emotionally, precursor to a better crop. I wasn't expecting such a jungle out of the first 8. I expected 3 to 5 females with lost of trail and error.....but they just took off! I mean, damn!

Herman420

Herman420

From what I have gathered, and realize know, the autos needed to be placed in their permanent home after germinating. I put them in 3 gallon pots and they are exploding. A couple look smaller, but I have learned already that sometimes they're like the runt in the 8th grade.....the show up in the 9th grade 4 inches taller and playing linebacker on the varsity squad. Mine get TLC regardless.

Herman420

Herman420

Day 18 after switching lights...already leaning from the weight.

PXL 20210922 200741297
Herman420

Herman420

No worries for light penetration.... literally buds everywhere with 6 level canopy colas and multiple 2 layer under canopy branches producing.

PXL 20210922 201548636
Herman420

Herman420

New or not ... you're on the right track except for one part ... they pass on the hermmie genetics in the seeds they produce. @Herman420 - Watch out for hermmies mid to late flower. It's been my experience that these type of seeds tend to be never ending source of headaches over the long haul. If it's all you have available, I understand. Seeds don't make your weed bad. Just takes more time preparing it before smoking ... In the old days, everything had seeds. Sinsi buds were rare.
@MIGrandpaUSA...thank you so much for the heads up! I identified bananas on one plant this morning. I removed all branches (all but one was on lower smaller branches except for one on a top cola) that had them and virtually stripped all fan leaves for better view. This plant WILL come out, but Im holding out to harvest what I can till I can't anymore. Looks like I will have a good size blunt to try in a few days, though. Thanks again!

Herman420

Herman420

Update: another plant had a banana, so I quickly moved to Plan B. The Herms have two days of life left (learned alot, especially from FIM that produces a level big broad canopy in a short veg time frame without stunt; and the 5 to 6 week veg time is sufficient for my grow space(s) and rotation).

Top Bottom